Thursday, November 9, 2017

A Favorite Fall Pear Recipe

Hello Friends!  

I usually share a recipe on Thursdays so I wanted to share something today. I was going to share the white chicken enchilada's - but I didn't get a chance to make them as I needed to get to the grocery store for some final things and never got there. Busy week! So I will probably share that one next week. 

But I wanted to re-share a very favorite spiced pear dessert recipe, because it's that good. Totally re-post worthy. ;)  It's one I love to make this time of year.  A perfect late Fall...holiday wonderful kind of recipe. Here is the original post. Enjoy! 








I'm so excited to share these bars with you today because they're SO good!! They are the perfect flavors of the holiday season. A rich macadamia nut crust, a layer of creamy smooth custard, then a topping of juicy pear spiced with cinnamon. Perfect textures and flavors!




Now I think I shared this recipe way at the beginning of when I started my blog, but I only shared the recipe (I think it was one of several for a holidays kind of post). However, I didn't share photos and hadn't made them at that time. I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine with lots of wonderful holiday baking in it. I've kept it as there are so many great recipes in it. This is one I've made again and again because they're so good and always a hit with others!

When I was making these I forgot to take some photos until I got going, but here's how you make them.  First of all, you're going to want to chop some macadamia nuts. I love my pampered chef chopper that I've had for like a bazillion years - but it still works expertly on many things. I know I need to get a food processor one of these days though. Anyway, take the chopped nuts and blend with flour, sugar, butter, vanilla - good things. Press into greased 8x8 pan.





Put crust in oven to bake at 350* for a bit and take a nice steamy oven photo.



Then make a creamy custard with cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and sugar. Pour custard over cooled crust.



Take a can of sliced or halved pears and cut into smaller sections.



Arrange them over the custard nice and pretty.





Make a cinnamon/sugar mixture and sprinkle it all over the pears.



Then put back into the oven to bake a bit more until it's nice and golden. The center will still be a little soft set. Take them out and let them cool before putting them in the fridge. Then try to be patient for an hour or 2 to let them fully chill. Then cut a piece and take a bite and close your eyes and just enjoy the most perfect bite of the holidays.  Here's the full recipe:






9 comments:

  1. That looks incredible! I'm kinda in a rut as far as treats go. I should try this. I can tell from the ingredient list that I'd love it. Stay warm up there. And have a good weekend, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy my dear - it's truly one of my favorite desserts of all time ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So glad you tried it and loved it Doreen! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Looks yummy! Pears just shout Autumn, and I'm so happy to have a recipe using canned ones. I buy the others, but they always get ripe when I'm too busy to make the recipe.

    This looks scrumptious and I love your baking dish. Putting it in my Recipes to Try file.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really love it Patsy! xo

      Delete
  4. This looks really delicious, Carrie! Love anything with custard :) and cinnamon pears are a bonus! Definitely going to try this. xo K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! Pear at this time of year is sooooooo good. And this sounds like a wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete