Monday, November 13, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday to you! 


It was a busy and fun weekend here. How about in your world? Friday night I went to a musical at my kiddos's school with my Mom, daughter and some friends of ours. Then Saturday I went to lunch with some girlfriends and that night my Hubby, kiddos and I  met up with some friends of ours for dinner and after they came to our house to have goodies and play cards and hang out. It had been their daughter's birthday so we gave her some gifts then too. ;)  


Then yesterday I went to a family friend's baby shower. Throw in some hockey practices, running some errands and cleaning house and the time flew by! So here we are back to a brand new Monday. I hope for all of you that it's a blessed week ahead...













THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Today is cloudy and gray. It's supposed to hit the 30's and then should be in upper 30's or low 40's a lot of this week - so a bit warmer. We may get some rain tomorrow and then the later part of the week potential for more snow. 














ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


I still have some of my spiced pumpkin "O's" cereal so I had a small bowl of that and some coffee.









RIGHT NOW I AM:

I'm listening to some Christmas music on Pandora (yes the time has come for all things Christmas music as far as I'm concerned - Lol). I'm working on my planner and daydreaming out at the snowy white and gray looking day out my window. I'm contemplating some of the dishes for Thanksgiving which I can hardly believe is next week already!!  I'm also smelling my bone broth simmering in the slow cooker. I had made a dish with rotisserie chicken over the weekend and I shredded up the rest of the meat and put it in the fridge. I took the chicken bones and threw them in the slow cooker with onion, chunks of carrots and celery, some garlic, parsley, poultry seasoning and other spices - covered it all with water and will let it slow cook all day. Tonight I'll strain out the bone broth and make some homemade chicken noodle soup with it and the shredded chicken in the fridge.











AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:


I can see that we have an actual little layer of ice on the bay as it looks all white with the snow we got over the weekend.









AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:

Still clean from this weekend. Doing laundry and need to load a few more dishes from making that bone broth this AM. I need to change some sheets yet too.  Need to pick up my daughter later since my son has hockey tryouts.










ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:

Another busy week. My son has hockey tryouts a lot of this week. My daughter has practices and a game. She also has an ortho appointment. We have some hockey tournaments coming up already soon too! And lots of the other usuals this week: MIL time, my Mom time, making food for my FIL, my exercise time, religious ed, errands, some final things I need to do for completing my hospice certificate. I've started some Christmas shopping as well and I'm working on my planner for some of that too. 









CURRENTLY READING:

More Louise Penney series 

 










ON THE TV TODAY:


 Dancing with the Stars, Gold Rush, Cooking shows, Survivor, The Good Doctor, This is Us, Outlander, Greys Anatomy, Hallmark movies












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: homemade chicken noodle soup, turkey slider sandwiches baked with stuffing and cranberry inside too (thinking Thanksgiving thoughts already I guess)


TUESDAY: easy night (not sure yet?) - hockey game


WEDNESDAY: pasta bake, garlic knots, veggies


THURSDAY: waffles with cinnamon apple topping, eggs, bacon


FRIDAY: might be out for dinner?





 










WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT


Finishing up my Grandpa's scrapbook. Getting legacy box filled with old slides to send in. Working on project for hopeful planned future Etsy store.












NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Not sure - but I will plan to share a recipe post this week









TIP OF THE WEEK:


Our 2018 day calendar is out ➡ https://goo.gl/6VgXpp
Hilarious - and kind of genius, don't ya think?  









FROM THE CAMERA:
We had put away all the deck furniture last weekend - but finally got the trampoline down this weekend 


Our northwoods this AM - see the snow on the layer of ice on the bay?


And this was from the other night at twilight time with the sun almost set  - so pretty





It makes me think of twilight and evening time in the near future when everyone's twinkly Christmas lights will be on outside in the snow. Everything becomes so quiet, peaceful and still when the world is cold and covered in snow. I love that...



Our crazy daughter hamming it up in her seal "onesie" and our friends' daughter smiling by some of her bday gifts she opened here the other night  ;) 



Family friends of ours that had their baby shower yesterday. They know they're having a girl - so excited for them. She'll be here soon!



My daughter and her cousin posing with the Mommy-to-be


PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for peaceful winter inspirational quotes

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Monday, Dear One. Enjoyed your photos. Busy as usual, I see.

    The quote from Gibran was so on target. Think I'll save it. Maybe use it on my blog when we get snow - if we get snow. We scarcely had any last year, so who knows.

    I baked a chicken yesterday (the kitties were happy), but my Crockpot is out on loan, so will have to try your bone broth another time. So much easier than simmering on the stove. Usually I just pitch the carcass, because I don't want to tend it.

    Enjoy your busy, but fruitful week. Much love and many hugs, Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww your pictures of snow make me long for a snowy days here.... We lived in the NC mountains for about seven years where snow was a thing this time of the year! where we live now its hit and miss! My kiddos at church actually has started to pray snow! I cant wait for God to answer their prayer! Hope you have a blessed week! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty to see the snow pics and that Christmas tree in the snow is putting me in the holiday spirit, for sure! Congratulations to the little Mom-to-be - I love baby showers. So cute to see 'the girls' and hope you have a wonderful week. I don't have to cook for Thanksgiving this year - my daughter is hosting - yay! But I do have to bake some pies :) Our snow has melted and now we are getting strong winds - the wind chimes are going crazy and the lights are blinking off and on. Oh-oh. Sending hugs and blessings for your week, my friend. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed at how much you fit into your week! That is one GOREGEOUS sunset on the bay picture! And I love what looks like deer prints in the snow>

    That is a PERFECT sentiment/inspiration today - I LOVE it! Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chicken noodle soup is sounding so good! Some good bone broth makes such good soup. :) You have been busy! I must admit that I've been listening to a little Christmas music too and enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, dear blogger friend!
    You always have the best weekends!
    And thank you for teaching me to make bone broth!!!!
    Love your cozy posts, Carrie.
    And is Thanksgiving really next week?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful, snowy pictures! And I could almost smell the bone broth simmering in the crockpot! Sounds like a busy week. Blessings over all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Carrie, you have snow! And it is soooo beautiful. And a snowman already :) Totally agree, time for Christmas music. I sang some beautiful carols today with my choir at an Old Folks home. So rewarding!

    ReplyDelete