
Hi Friends!
I'm late today as my son had an MD appointment this morning and then I needed to run some errands. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I sound like a broken record - but more of the usual here. Kiddo hockey, errands, cleaning, football watching etc. I decided something this weekend though. I felt that I was spending too much time on social media and decided to cut it down for now. I hadn't been on FB that much in these past few years...but I would spend a lot of time on instagram. I decided that with my new hospice volunteering, holidays coming up, family activities, projects I need to finish, and other focuses that I needed to change my priorities a bit. I plan to still blog about as much as I've been doing...and I may end up blogging more as I plan to finish several projects and also focus more on photograpy too and those results will be shared more here.
Now on to the week ahead -
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
It's been nice and sunny all day and mid 30's. Looks like pretty clear week (no snow to speak of) - but colder in the 20's and 30's and one day may only get up into the teens! Winter is here people
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
My son and I grabbed some quick breakfast out and about after his appointment today. So I had a breakfast sandwich and coffee
RIGHT NOW I AM:
Listening to the quiet before my kiddos get home from school and working on my planner and this post
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:
Sun is shining on the bay and it's almost blinding - but so pretty
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:
Pretty tidy overall. I need to throw in more laundry. The sun is streaming in the windows and making pretty patterns on the carpet ;)
ON TODAY'S (& this week's) TO DO LIST:
Lots of stuff this week. MD appointments, help my Mom take her car in, hockey practices and a game, wallyball for me, religious ed, lunch with an Aunt, lunch out with friends, pick up my aunt from an appointment of hers as she can't drive afterwards, MIL time, shopping with my Mom, more errands/groceries.
CURRENTLY READING:
More Louise Penney series
ON THE TV TODAY:
Dancing with the Stars, Gold Rush, Cooking shows, Survivor, The Good Doctor, This is Us, Outlander, Greys Anatomy, Hallmark movies
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY: turkey cheddar melts with honey mustard and cranberry, salad with pears & gorgonzola and pear vinaigrette, seasoned fries
TUESDAY: white chicken enchiladas, chips & veggies with homemade guac
WEDNESDAY:easy night (not sure yet) - religious ed and hockey
THURSDAY: chickie chip casserole on toast, fruit
FRIDAY: salisbury steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, peas, carrots roasted with honey and cinnamon
**I'm also planning to use up some of the leftover Halloween candy bars they way my friend Billie Jo does and chop them up and throw them in some brownie batter before baking
WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT
Finishing up my Grandpa's scrapbook. Getting legacy box filled with old slides to send in. Working on project for hopeful planned future Etsy store.
NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:
White chicken enchiladas will be new recipe to me
TIP OF THE WEEK:

I don't think I was aware of this - were you?
FROM THE CAMERA:
The snow melted and the trees are all bare on the bay now -and all the deck furniture is put away
This time of year makes it feel cozy and I want to make comfort food - like the other night when I made slow cooker BBQ meatballs, baked potatoes with sour cream, roasted green beans with garlic, lemon and parmesan, and Red Lobster type garlic cheddar biscuits. MMmmmmm
And it makes me start thinking thoughts of snow covered churches, angels and Christmas trees...
But I know first I must think these thoughts - about giving thanks and wonderful time with family gathering soon...








