
Hello Friends!
Sorry I missed you last week - just one of those weeks. And sorry I'm doing this Monday edition on Tuesday. But as always I figure better late than not at all.
This past weekend was a cozy one accomplishing things around home. And also getting Annie ready for camp she's at this week through school. We ran and got a few more supplies she needed and worked on packing her up. She was so excited to go to a sleepaway camp in the northwoods with her class. I'm sure she'll have lots to share when she gets back later in the week and I can't wait to get the scoop! ;) Now on to our week ahead folks...
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
Today is kind of a mini blizzard. We got a few inches of snow yesterday and today it's falling again and swirling and blowing around. At least temps have been warmer in the 20's above. By the time this system is done we could get another 5 inches or more. It just keeps coming. Looks like it will clear up tomorrow and stay clear through the rest of the week and stay in the 20's above zero.
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
toast with a special ingredient I will share down in photos and coffee with amaretto creamer
RIGHT NOW I AM:
watching the news a bit as I work on this
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
it is gray and snowing like crazy. Now and the the wind catches the flakes in a gust and swirls them in front of the windows I'm looking out
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Everything is tidy and feels cozy. I'm feeling in the mood to bake something so may go find something to throw in the oven and turn on the fireplace to add to all the cozy vibes
ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:
A lot of the usuals. I did run and grab some groceries yesterday and brought some things to my Mom she needed. I have my hospice volunteering this week. Still working on several project around here - getting closer to sharing some fun things soon with you friends!! Other fun this week is I'm going to lunch with an Aunt of mine.
CURRENTLY READING
ON THE TV TODAY:
The Resident, AGT, The Good Doctor, Outlander, The Rookie, New Amsterdam, This is Us, Kids Baking Championship, Greys Anatomy, Big Brother, Will and Grace
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY: we had BLT sandwiches on sourdough, chips and veggies
TUESDAY: turkey, cheddar & cranberry sliders with a side of turkey gravy for dipping, garden salad
WEDNESDAY: probably breakfast for dinner - not sure yet
THURSDAY: creamy tomato soup (red for valentines day of course), garlic cheddar and chive biscuits, fruit, and cherry nutella hand pies for valentines dessert
FRIDAY: slow cooker sweet & sour meatballs over rice with cashews
WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT
scrapbook gift for a relative
NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:
nothing really new this week
TIP OF THE WEEK:

FROM THE CAMERA
views out my windows right now
those views makes me want cozy moments with hot tea and candlelight
and here was my secret ingredient on my toast this AM. I LOVE this stuff and would put on everything if I could. It adds such flavor in general - let alone that bagel taste to things. I don't have bagels right now (& trying to eat less of them) so I really like it sprinkled on some cucumber slices for a snack. Or even on some avocado toast - or just some avocado mashed up on crackers. But this morning...
I put some on my sourdough toast spread with the tiniest but of chive cream cheese just to get the seasoning to stick. It's so good (and addicting: you've been warned!!)




