Monday, February 18, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday Friends ~  

I can't believe how fast this month is flying by! I hope you had a lovely weekend.  It was a great one here. Got a lot done around home. My Mom has been doing better and able to be even more independent with things around her home, so I had more time to spend here. I went out with one of my besties for a bite and to see the Isn't It Romantic movie with Rebel Wilson. It was goofy and funny and just cute. It was so great to catch up with her and just have one of those great heart-to-hearts.   

The kiddos are on break this week from school (their school does a February break and a Spring break in April). So Annie and I were already running around this morning and then went to bring some things to my Mom. On to the rest of the fun/busy week ahead...










THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Today it's about 15 degrees and sunny. This week looks like 20's and 30's and clear other then Wednesday chance of getting several inches of snow again












ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

orange cinnamon rolls for special with the kids off  school (and coffee for me)












RIGHT NOW I AM:

listening to Celtic harp music (very meditative) on my airpods while I work on this













AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW

I'm actually hanging out in the bedroom as my laptop happened to be in here. Lots of nice sunlight coming in as we have a wall of windows in this room. Lots of birch trees on this side of the house and I'm watching the squirrels jump from tree to tree













AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Annie's art stuff lying around, need to load more dishes, some of the other usuals but overall things are tidy and bright ;) 













ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:

Lots of the usual errands as well as going to help my Mom with a trip she needs to take this week to pick up some things.  We'll go out to lunch with her then too. Annie has an ortho appt for her retainer follow up, Ruby has an appt at the vet, religious ed for Annie, work on wedding gift I'm making for my cousin, make hair appts for Annie and I, run around to shop for bday presents for one of Annie's BFF's. She has a party this weekend




 









CURRENTLY READING

between books right now - mainly magazines










ON THE TV TODAY:

The Resident, AGT, The Good Doctor, The Rookie, New Amsterdam, This is Us, Kids Baking Championship, Greys Anatomy, Will and Grace

 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY:  baked roll up (pinwheel) meat and cheese sandwiches on pizza dough, chips, veggies and dip 


TUESDAY: ham, broccoli & cheddar egg bake, toast and fruit


WEDNESDAY: might be easy pick up pizza or subs night



THURSDAY: one pot chicken bacon alfredo pasta, salad



FRIDAY: leftovers or maybe out for dinner?














WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

scrapbook gift for a relative

















NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

the one pot chicken bacon alfredo pasta is new












TIP OF THE WEEK:




My Mom always had us do this when I was a kid. I then passed it on to my kiddos. Lol But it does seem to work










FROM THE CAMERA




The kiddos home from school this week is a fun excuse for naughty cinnamon roll breakfast ;)








I haven't pulled out Spring decorations yet, but I did pick this little cutie up the other day at Michaels. Don't you just want to sit and have some tea served in flower petals with the fairies?



And this is random, but I saw this on pinterest and doesn't it look like something yummy for a snack or quick breakfast? I think my kiddos would love them. Except it would have to be honey nut cheerios 





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I know it's Presidents Day but this just fits me better today ;) I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my! What a fun week ahead. Wish I could be there for the lunches and the shopping - girl time.

    I just took Bev for an all afternoon lunch for her birthday to catch up. I'm reminded of the song from Flower Drum Song - "I Enjoy Being a Girl". Way before your time, Dear One.

    Hope you have sunshine this week. Enjoy your kiddos. They grow up so quickly. Love, AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! The naughty cinnamon roll breakfast looks delightful! And, yes, I would love to sit in the little fairy house and have tea! What a fun find! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange cinnamon rolls.... yum! I think a trip to the store to pick up a can for breakfast tomorrow!! Love the fairy garden pic! I love walking up and down the aisle at all the cute fairy garden stuff!! Have a fun week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cinnamon rolls look delicious!
    Always enjoy visiting with you my friend.
    Enjoy your cozy home and family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cinnamon rolls look so yummy! And the Fairy house is adorable.
    The sun was out here today too - it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange Cinnamon Rolls are my favorite! I always got them for my birthday and Christmas growing up. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie - I think I would eat that whole pan of cinnamon rolls by myself. They are def one of my downfalls! Love the little fairy house. You are as busy as ever and so nice that you got to get away for a little BFF time. I've been babysitting my little grands 2 days a week, and that really zapps me. I don't know how you do it all! My 2 year old grandson told me today to 'go sit down, Mammie'. I guess he saw how tired I was haha! To be fair, I got there at 5:30 a.m. I hope you have fun with the kiddos this week. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete