Monday, November 1, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday Friends!

Did you have a wonderful weekend??

November is here! A month to focus on gratitude and blessings. A quiet and peaceful time here as folks turn indoors more. Things are put away for winter. The geese fly away. The bay becomes more quiet and may start freezing over. Snow may even come. And it's also a time to start preparing for the holiday season ahead. 

Saturday Annie had a semi formal Fall dance at school. Her group of friends didn't want to do the date thing with boys - so her best friend hung out here for the day.  They decided they wanted to have a fun picnic meal here because it was a warmer sunny day. So we took a trip the grocery store and they picked out their menu and came home and had their picnic. And then they got ready for the dance here, did pictures and met their group of friends up at the dance. They said it was a lot of fun! There was a DJ, fun music and lots of dancing. It's so hard to see my baby growing up so fast! But so very fun to enjoy these moments with her. 💗 


Halloween here was fun and festive...even if we only got about a dozen trick-or-treaters. Not many on my street had their lights on and I'm at the end of a long driveway....plus it was chilly and rained on and off all day, so I'm sure that didn't help. I know others that got a lot of trick-or-treaters, so it's just nice to know that many kids got to enjoy this year and make up for last year a bit. Annie had friends over and Aaron and his gf Helaina came over and we celebrated the night with fun snacks, spooky music, a meal together and lots of laughs! Annie and her buddies had costumes and they were going to go trick-or-treating, but then decided they didn't want to deal with the cold. It's where we live. Lol They watched spooky shows down in the media room and still had plenty of treats! 😋 


*Also, FYI: I am planning to add a regular Thursday post now with either recipe, crafting, or holiday related things. ♥️ 















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




















         



ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

almond kringle slice, fruit, coffee with natural vanilla creamer














ON MY TO DO LIST:

run errands, ruby haircut, make some appointments, Annie hockey practices, connecting with a friend I haven't seen in a while, put away deck furniture, garage projects, hospice work, projects

















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE   

It's a gray day and chilly. The wind keeps making my wind chime sing out. I'm listening to Christmas music 😊 And earlier a few snow flakes were swirling around! Yes, I said snow flakes. It's stopped now though. 

I need to put away the very "halloweeny" kinds of decorations yet. I still keep my home primarily decorated for Fall most of November and don't put up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. However, this year I may put up one of the Christmas trees (the big living room one) because it's the most effort and would be nice to have for Thanksgiving. Plus, that tree could still be pretty with my Fall decor for Thanksgiving because I decorate it with golds, creams and different shades of tans/browns to match my home decor. Not sure yet though......
















CURRENTLY READING

Fall and Christmas magazines, bible time, cookbooks










ON THE TV TODAY:

  Good Doctor, the Resident, Survivor, DWTS, The Masked Singer, New Amsterdam,   Grantchester, Ghosts, Call the Midwife, The Great British Bake Off, the voice (Ed Sheeran on this week!), Shark Tank, Holiday Baking Championship


 











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY -  chicken salad sandwich (grilled cheese for Annie), red potato wedges kind of fries, green salad

TUESDAY - sheet pan walnut crusted chicken w/ honey dijon sauce, roasted broccoli, cheesy ciabatta bread (HF meal)

WEDNESDAY - Italian chicken over lemony spaghetti w/ zucchini (HF                                 meal)

THURSDAY - sweet chili pork bowls w/bell pepper & candied peanuts (HF meal)

FRIDAY - not sure yet?

 













TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

maybe bake? read, do something fun with my Mom, do a spa night and do a mask and do my nails 














TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

























FROM THE CAMERA:







Annie and her bestie looked so pretty for the dance. It's so funny how Annie towers over her though. Lol









I wore some spooky skeleton hands jewelry to get in the Halloween spirit 💀 



the weather could not make up its mind yesterday














I bought little plastic syringes to make "bloody" shirley temples (this pic is from my instagram)













All the excitement put Ruby into a coma! Lol








PRAYER LIST:

Praying for peace, unity and healing for our world and our earth. For a complete end to the virus. For those in health care, first responders and so many professions that work to keep us healthy and safe. For my former FIL with health related issues. Special intentions.












PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I hope you are starting out this month in gratitude already. I'm so grateful for all of you and your visits! I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic Halloween! And the girls' dresses are so pretty. Could you please keep better track of those snowflakes? We just saw a couple random ones in our rain this morning. Not ready for that! Hope you have a wonderful first week of November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joining you in prayer for all your intentions, my lovely friend. Your weekend sounds as if it were festive and fun! Love your food!! And your girl is growing up! She looked beautiful in her dress. You know, she and her friends have the right idea. Going to a dance with friends is so much more fun! We are watching the Holiday Baking Championship tonight. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww - Annie has gone and grown up! She looks so pretty in her dress, and is adorable in her costume.
    You are a cool mom! So nice that the kids like to hang out at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie looks so much older, goodness. Glad you had a great time. I saw that you had some snowflakes the other day, that is way too early girl, way to early. lol

    Have a blessed week,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie's Steampunk costume is great! You know I always read your posts last... because they are my favorite. You have a way of writing and all those beautiful pictures.
    Your temperatures look like ours - the geese are leaving too.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely go with the tree. Would love to see a photo. It looks like your daughter had a good time with her friends and the costumes are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL pictures! The girls look like they had so much fun and they are so grown up and beautiful. Seems like Annie was just that tomboy in a hockey jersey! Your food looks yummy as always too. I think those geese flew over my house on their way south which is okay by me - I love fall and winter, snow included. Have a wonderful week my friend. I look forward to your Thursday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie, It looks like Halloween was great fun and your Annie has grown up into a lovely young lady. I remember school dances, so exciting and special at that age. As always, your food looks clever and yummy! Have a good week. xox

    ReplyDelete