Hello dear Friends!
I hope you're having a wonderful Thursday. And that you are getting all set for Thanksgiving next week (those that will be celebrating it). I actually went a did a good pre-run for groceries yesterday. I learned the hard way that trying to shop for everything on Thanksgiving week can lead to things missing on the shelves and navigating lots of other people running around too. Yesterday was just nice and quiet and the shelves were full. 😊
But I wanted to share that last year I made this amazing pumpkin pie. It was SO good and I think the best pumpkin pie I've ever had! Seeing as it's countdown to Thanksgiving now, I thought I would share the recipe. I don't believe I did last year?
It uses a unique ingredient. Chinese 5-spice. You can usually find it in the aisle with asian ingredients in your grocery store. But the recipe includes what you can use if you don't find that spice.
I found this recipe under allrecipes.com You can find it if you look under "Chef John's pumpkin pie" on that site. But here's the recipe:
This will definitely be my go-to pumpkin pie recipe forever! Lol If you try it... I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. 😋


I love pumpkin pie but I don't know if I could bring myself to make anything other than my mom's recipe (happens to be the same as the Libby's can one, ha). One year I tried making a no bake one from late aunt's cookbook and it was not a hit with us. Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteI don't have to make a pie for Thanksgiving this year, but I'm keeping this one. I never heard of Chinese 5 spice.
ReplyDelete