Hello Friends!
And happy new week to you. It sure feels like this month is flying by already - geesh. It's getting about peak color around here too...so very pretty everywhere. I'm soaking up every second!
How was your weekend? We had fun on Friday going to a local college volleyball game and then dinner with our friends the C's. Then Matt went up to his lake cottage (where his folks live on the property too in the summers). He helped them get things all set to close down for the season. (his parents go to AZ for the cold season). I encouraged him to go without me so his folks would get some uninterrupted time with him. Plus, I helped my Mom with a few things over the weekend. And then I also brought a meal over for my Mom and step Dad and we played some games. It was fun! I got my bake on and made some pumpkin bread and then some chocolate chip cookies over the weekend also. The new oven is working wonderfully! Yesterday morning I watched my Pack lose in London π’ And got some projects completed around the house and enjoyed outside time with Ruby in all the pretty color. I hung out with Matt when he got back last night. It was another lovely Fall weekend in the books. πΎπ§‘
**earlier last week Matt & I went out on a date night (since we knew we'd be missing Sat night together). We went to a local martini bar and jazz club that only plays live music during the week. It was so fun!! The food was amazing and the jazz was just wonderful. I share some pics and a video below
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
a small piece of pumpkin spice toast with apple butter, coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
chiropractor, Annie's hair appt, errands, meeting with a friend to run errands and do lunch, hospice work and other projects
THINKING ABOUT:
All things holidays! It feels like the time is clicking quickly now. I've been doing some planning for the holidays ahead already. And accumulating a few things for them. I love this time of year....but I'm always determined not to let it get too crazy, so I can truly enjoy it. And focus on what this season is truly supposed to be about (and it's not STUFF).
CURRENTLY READING
Going back to Cottage on Gooseberry Bay series by Kathi Daley. I still need to finish Halloween Moon and then after that is Thanksgiving Past.
But I did recently order Starry Messenger by Neil Degrasse Tyson. I am fascinated by space and all things astrophysics (I know I'm really weird - Lol) and I love him. I have several of his books. I'm a very spiritual person - but also truly intrigued by science.
ON THE TV TODAY:
Great British Baking Championship & Blown Away (netflix), House of the Dragon, Survivor, The Good Doctor, New Amsterdam, Shark Tank, Quantam Leap, Handmaids Tale (Hulu),
Ghosts, Halloween Baking Championship, Hallmark movies taped, cooking shows
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - clean out the fridge night
TUESDAY - might be out for dinner?
WEDNESDAY - spicy chicken satay skewers with pickled carrot/cuke salad and garlic peanut rice (HF meal)
THURSDAY - pulled pork wraps with sesame slaw & cucumber (HF meal)
FRIDAY - on pan tortellini bake, lemony broccoli (HF meal)
*going to bake a keto plum crisp for Matt, & an apple crisp for kiddos & I and have them with cinnamon ice cream sitting in my freezer π
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
enjoy as much outdoor beauty as possible, work on going through my closet & cold season clothes, play cards with Matt
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
These pics were last week and I think there's even more color now. Every day that goes by it gets more colorful. ;)
These are pics from our date night (got all dressed up) to hear live jazz and enjoy the martini bar. It was such a wonderful night out! Here's some video I took:
Working up at the hospice facility last Friday and the color up there was stunning!
homemade cookies are always a good idea π
I feel so blessed to live somewhere so beautiful
What is it about October moons? They are spectacular!
PRAYER LIST:
For my Mom's continued healing and strength. For everyone still dealing with the devastation from hurricane Ian. For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear.
For overall peace and healing in our world. π













