Thursday, October 27, 2022

Spiced Custard Pear Bars

 



Hello Friends! 

I thought today I would share a recipe I shared a long time ago. I mentioned it in a recent post and I was asked by a couple of you about them. I found them in a Taste of Home magazine ages ago. I have made them many times throughout the years and they always turn out great! I even doctored them to make them keto version for Matt and his folks recently and they were just as good. Even though they're chilled because there's a custard layer in the middle....all the cinnamon (the spiced part) on the top of the pears makes it feel Fall or holiday to me. 


I forgot to get a good shot of them fully done - but here's the pic I did get before they went in the oven:






And here is the recipe from the magazine. You can also find them under my recipe tab above. I highly recommend them - they are SO good. I just use canned pears as they seem to always work the best. Also, to make them keto I just used monkfruit sweetener instead of sugar and ground fine keto almond flour (the same recipe ratio).



12 comments:

  1. They look so good and what a pretty presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I highly recommend them. They're easy and an absolute favorite. If you didn't like the macadamia nuts you could just make an easy shortbread crust. Or a gingerbread kind of crust for Christmas would be amazing!

      Delete
  2. Mmm, those do sound good. I love pears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb - they always turn out great and are a hit when i've brought them anywhere.

      Delete
  3. Yummm!! These sound delicious! I rarely see recipes with pears and I love them. Definitely trying this one! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! You're right - not a lot of pear recipes. I don't think you'll be disappointed. They always taste great! 😉

      Delete
  4. These look so good! I love pears and love custard, so this is something I have to try. Thanks for sharing it. xx Hope you are enjoying these lovely, fall days. Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - if you love pears and custard - you will truly adore these! They are so yummy. I've been loving this Fall so very much and hope you are too. xo

      Delete
  5. that sounds interesting I don't know that I have ever tried pears cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really like them if you gave these bars a try Connie. 😋 Thanks for visiting! xo

      Delete