Hello Dear Friends!
I hope you're starting your week out right. 🍂 ☀️ I didn't get to as much posting last week because it was my birthday this past Saturday. And I had a lot of different celebrating things going on during the week last week. I'm getting together with more loved ones this week too! Gotta love a birthday that keeps on going. Lol I feel so grateful and blessed to have so many wonderful family and friends in my life. I'm healthy and so happy. I just live & pray in gratitude every single day for all of it. Even if the age number keeps getting higher, I am proud to say I'm 51! (even if it means for a short time I'm 7 years older than Matt - yikes! Lol)
Some relatives, my kiddos and Matt were at my house Saturday for my bday and for game night. And Matt's folks have been up visiting this past weekend and they had a little bday party for me on Friday at his place & spoiled me too. And then we had a fun football Sunday yesterday over at Matt's again (even if my Pack has been looking horrible!). I made brown sugar chili, crab dip appetizer & spiced custard pear bars (keto version) to share. We played card games too. 🎉 It was a wonderful weekend!!
And it's still so pretty in the northwoods. Here's a pic I took of my backyard earlier today. And I was able to capture this amazing great horned owl! I will share some video of him too:
Another thing I'm so grateful for - this amazing area I get to call home.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
granola cereal, coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
chiropractor, lunch with an aunt, lunch and shopping with my Mom, errands, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
Looking forward to a little trip coming up soon. It's one I take every Fall and it's so wonderful that I'll get to share it with Matt this year (Annie and her friend are coming too 😊 ) I get to introduce him to more family. And it's always such a pretty time of year to take a road trip around here. 🍂 🎃
CURRENTLY READING
Starry Messenger by Neil Degrasse Tyson
ON THE TV TODAY:
Great British Baking Championship, House of the Dragon, Survivor, The Good Doctor, New Amsterdam, Shark Tank, Quantam Leap, Handmaids Tale (Hulu),
Ghosts, Halloween Baking Championship, Hallmark movies taped, cooking shows
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - homemade red lobster biscuits, creamy tomato soup, fruit
TUESDAY - leftover brown sugar chili & fixings (from the weekend)
WEDNESDAY - spicy chicken satay skewers with pickled carrot/cuke salad and garlic peanut rice (HF meal)
THURSDAY - pulled pork wraps with sesame slaw & cucumber (HF meal)
FRIDAY - on pan tortellini bake, lemony broccoli (HF meal)
*going to bake a keto plum crisp for Matt, & an apple crisp for kiddos & I and have them with cinnamon ice cream sitting in my freezer 😋
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
read, go out for fun lunches and shopping
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
Matt and I got a little early birthday time together last week (he's an October bday too) and he even took part of a day off for me! 😍 We went up the shore to see the gorgeous color and do some hiking around some local falls. It was so wonderful! And he bought me several things I admired in a gift shop at the visitor center - which included this beautiful piece of handmade pottery and this cute owl stone. And he took me out for a wonderful dinner after. I felt so spoiled all day. ♥️
One of my bestie's sent me this bookmark because we both love Outlander so much. She thought I should "have a wee Jamie to take with me wherever I go". Lol I love it!!
This sweet Bestie (& neighbor) picked me up in her fancy sports car and spoiled me with goodies & took me to lunch for my bday. See what I mean by it was a busy week last week?? 😉
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For special intentions.
For overall peace and healing in our world. 🙏


