Happy Monday to you Friends!
Did you have a nice weekend? How about those Chiefs, Jean? Lol It was a fun Super Bowl weekend here. We had our besties the C's over. Mr. C is still recovering from surgery but doing really well - so it was so nice to get time with them. We made lots of goodies and they brought lots of goodies - so we had an abundance of yummy here. I was cheering for KC for you Jean (& because they were kind of the underdogs). So I was thrilled they won!! We had fun with the commercials and just joking around with the C's in general. I feel so grateful for them. They are the family I chose in this life ....you know what I mean? They are those kinds of besties. 💗
And Matt and I got some playoff hockey time this past week and weekend - watching Annie's team win 2 of their playoff games. They have one more and if they win they go to state! Annie scored in both of the last 2 games. The game we went to on Saturday there was no score the whole 1st period and then Annie scored the first goal for the team and was kind of the hero. She was on the news too! It was so fun and such a proud Mom and Matt moment. 😊
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
wasa rye cracker with a little jam, cutie orange, coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
special valentines adventure when Matt is off work Tuesday, help my Mom with some things, errands, meeting to help on a committee up at my daughter's school, my PT appt, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
Looking at the sunshine streaming in the windows (it's felt almost like spring lately and melting some of the snow - yay!) And as I look at the sunshine and smell the gorgeous flowers Matt had delivered to me today (they couldn't guarantee delivery tomorrow) -I think about how very lucky and blessed that I am. I think about all the work he put in yesterday around here. Helping me clean & tidy before friends came. He cleaned out some of my garage and took out the recycling and those kinds of things too. Helped me set up for the super bowl party. Made a lot of the food. Helped clean up after. And I think about how he is such a loving and supportive partner and meets me on every level (mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually). We walk such a similar path more than I think I ever have with anyone else. I remember thinking I would only live half a life with whomever I would share the next chapter...because I thought life with my ex was the fairytale. I never realized how amazing a 2nd chapter could be, and that Matt was meant to be in my life. I know that Matt is a soulmate. ♥️
Enough Matt gushing - I know I do too much of that around here. 😉 But I feel like we've reached the point in our relationship where we know without a doubt our path together. So that's why so much of this is on my mind lately. Thank you for all the love and support you've sent us both this past year. I'm so grateful for you all!
CURRENTLY READING
Prince Harry book and some magazines
ON THE TV TODAY:
Shark Tank, Ghosts, The Chase, The Good Doctor, Quantam Leap, Miss Scarlet & the Duke, All Things Great and Small, HGTV and cooking shows, Matt & I are watching Breaking Bad as I had never seen it & Matt couldn't believe it (he loved that show) so wanted to watch it again with me.
*Also, we watched the documentary My Octopus Teacher on netflix this past weekend. SO GOOD!! I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't seen it. It's fascinating.
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - leftovers from game day
TUESDAY - out on a Valentines adventure
WEDNESDAY - old school deli burgers (no bun for us), creamy coleslaw and crispy fried onions (HF meal)
THURSDAY - one pan turkey stir-fried tacos (HF meal)
FRIDAY - pecan-crusted chicken with honey mustard sauce & mixed greens apple salad (HF meal)
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
out to lunch with a friend, play cards/game with Matt (love that he loves to do that more than watch tv, like me), maybe bake a healthy dessert?
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
Super Bowl goodies and we got into the red and green theme
We sure love #15 😍
My early valentines flowers and when I read the card it cracked me up! Remember our dating adventure book and the date we went on a few weeks ago? And we had to adopt characters and speak in accents etc. Matt had chosen the name Gustavo and spoke with a crazy Spanish accent. So this referenced that. He is so sweet and corny and I just love it!
The goodies I have waiting to give Gustavo tomorrow 😉
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere 🙏



