Monday, February 20, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good morning and Happy Monday to you dear Friends!

It's currently snowing here and feels like Spring will never show up. I shouldn’t  complain too much, because it can be worse here in the northwoods. We have had some recent mild weather and the snowbanks went down quite a bit. But winter is letting us know it's not done just yet. And I have cabin fever and dreaming on all things flowers, garden, sunshine and hummingbirds. Sigh. 

How was your weekend? It was a lovely one here. Matt & I went to a Boat Show at our local arena. I forgot to grab any pics - but we had so much fun looking at all the water craft "toys" and going through all of the different kinds of campers. We really want to get one in the future...but may just rent some first to see what kind we really like. There were all kinds of fun booths too. Matt bought me a beautiful olive wood French style rolling pin(from Jerusalem). I've always wanted one and this one is so beautiful. You can see a pic later in this post. 

Then Saturday I went out to lunch with my bestie Mrs. C. (Mr C and their daughter were out-of-town for a volleyball tourney). And I may have done a little damage doing some Spring shopping....which you can also see below. Then Sunday Matt & I ran our usual errands (we're such Costco people - do you shop there?). And last night we hung out with my Mom and step Dad and brought them dinner and played some Mexican train dominos. My step Dad is finally looking more like himself since his bypass back in December.  It was a fun weekend...oh and just for the record I won the dominos game.  😉 😂 


















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

A cutie, handful of pistachios, coffee with natural almond milk creamer



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

PT appt, Matt's day off - getting a quote on some window repair at his house, errands, work on project for Annie's school (I'm on a committee), hospice work from home and at facility, set up annulment appt with my priest. 



















THINKING ABOUT:  








Ok, I do need to do a little more Matt gushing about our Valentines Day. He often has Tuesdays off, as he usually works Saturdays right now, and so he had Valentine's day off. We went on a scenic drive along Lake Superior (even though it was cold and rainy) and had the most amazing meal at a little cozy restaurant up there. It's like a cozy cabin atmosphere but they serve incredible upscale kinds of things - with local ingredients. Amazing flavor profile kinds of things. We both think it's really fun to try new things. If you look at my wordless wednesday post from last week you'll see the fancy dessert I had. Anyway, after the wonderful meal we got into the car to head back and Matt starts playing a song over the bluetooth. He had written me a song - all about our story and sent it to a company that will play it in your style of choosing. Matt plays guitar and has a beautiful voice and used to play and sing and write in his younger years, when he had time. Lol He chose a singer and guitar style - like he would play,  and the guy even sounded kind of like Matt.  I started listening to the words and realized what was going on and couldn't stop tears from falling constantly as I listened. I was stunned and overwhelmed and so moved by his thoughtfulness...and just how much he makes me feel loved and treasured. 

I'm just sure enjoying the M & C journey. 😊 

 
























CURRENTLY READING

magazines, some cookbooks

















ON THE TV TODAY:

Shark Tank, Ghosts, The Chase,  Quantam Leap, All Things Great and Small, HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad, Greys Anatomy is back this week, some vlogs I like

























ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

    MONDAY - meal kit from last week


TUESDAY - maybe out for dinner?


WEDNESDAY - zucchini & tomato flatbread with lemon ricotta, parsley, honey and chili flakes (HF meal)


THURSDAY -  Prosciutto & Italian cheese roll-ups with honey mustard dressing & crunchy onions (I may add a salad too) HF meal


FRIDAY - fish dinner? (Lent)








 
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

bake, work on projects, call a friend that lives far away to catch up




















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:




















FROM THE CAMERA:




I've been adding more pics of Matt and his fam around the house. And more fun games for us to play. ;) 



Our favorite 💕 


The beautiful French style olive wood rolling pin Matt got me at the Boat Show









Been finding lots of Spring treasures recently. My gf gave me these gorgeous stained glass flowers at Christmas - and I finally found the right vase/jug that I liked to put them in. 











PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere 🙏 












PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Think Spring! And have a wonderful week ahead. xo
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

11 comments:

  1. Your Valentine's Day sounds like something out of a movie! Love all the spring thoughts in your post. We're having spring weather today. I'd say come on down but I think, we get back to winter weather later this week. And...SIGH...can we still be friends if your a Cosco person and I'm a Sam's Club person? LOL LOL. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! It felt like it and that song was one of the most romantic things I've ever experienced. All I could do was sit and cry. Lol I don't discriminate and love all shoppers that contribute to our economy. 😂 I'm going to live through the Spring photos you'll share far before anything I'll have up here. 😉

      Delete
  2. That Matt is such a romantic! I love that he wrote you a song. Your day sounds perfect.
    I love Costco too and need to get there again.
    The rolling pin is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Matt is such a romantic and I've never felt so cherished and just so grateful and blessed for it all. It was one of the things I loved on Matt's dating app - "must love long walks through Costco" Lol

      Delete
  3. I am popping over from Happy Homemaker Monday! What a beautiful and loving thing for your dear to do! I love that little white strainer!! Thank you for sharing! ~jackiesee~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! So happy to find you here and make a new blogland Friend. I feel very blessed that I have such a wonderful Honey. 💗 😊

      Delete
  4. Love the rolling pin, have been eyeing them for some time. What a nice Valentine's day. wow a song just for you! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! The rolling pin has such a nice weight to it too. I know it will get a lot of use! 😉 I was so moved by the song Matt did - the most romantic thing I've ever experienced. I'm a lucky girl! 💗 xo

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a nice weekend for sure and good to hear your Step father is doing much better. Oh my you guys are cold aren't you, we are having very unseasonably warm weather today, hoping it doesn't spark up tornadoes, normally we are in the 40's but we have hit 70 already before noon. Back to 50's tomorrow. We have not had much snow this year, we could use more precipitation but I would be fine with rain :) You sure have some spring goodies to put around your home, so fun getting out and shopping.
    The song from Matt was sweet of him, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Carrie! Your pictures are always so beautiful! As for shopping at Costco...I've never even seen a Costco! Looks like the nearest one to me would be 2 1/2 to 3 hours away. If I ever get near one I'll go check it out though! The winter drive along Superior sounds lovely! There was a little place that we ate at once at Two Harbor (I can't remember the name of it), but it was like...cozy and featured the local flavor...and looked out over the lake. So beautiful! Exploring campers at the Boat Show sounds fun! I'm gettin' a real hankerin' to go campin' here! Am going to try to do some of that this summer with the grands! Well, you have a great week, Carrie! Sounds like you and M have a great thing going! I wish you both only the best! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HELLO MY FRIEND! I too am running late this week and woke up with an ear infection yesterday that's throwing things off a bit. I LOVE those stained glass flowers - so pretty! We certainly do need to find out own "spring" indoors when all is so gray and snowy outside.

    LOLI feel like there MUST be a story to buying a rolling pin at a boat show. I'll have to try the orange idea, but I ALSO feel that way about a good apple.

    Have a WONDERFUL rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete