Monday, March 6, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday





Hello, Happy Monday and:



Unfortunately March came in like a lion with a big snowstorm. Then we've had some sunny decent days. And now today started with some heavy snow again but is trying to brighten up. Mother Nature is crazy y'all. Lol Spring in the north is always this way. But knowing it's March and so on the calendar we're headed in the right direction brings comfort. I'm finally fully over my cold too. So feeling better and ready for any Spring moments ahead.
 C'mon sunshine! ☀️ 👏 


We had a lovely weekend here in the northwoods. Matt and I went out for fish fry Friday night. He got stuck at work Saturday and I decided to go to Saturday mass on my own (we often go to Sunday mass together). Then we went to hang with our friends the C's. Mr. C was coaching their daughter in a volleyball tourney. Matt and I sat with Mrs. C and watched them make it to 2nd place in the tourney. Yay! We were supposed to go out to dinner with them after but Mr. C wasn't feeling well and turns out he has covid. Thankfully we weren't around him much. 🙈 So fingers crossed we stay well. We went out to dinner on our own then and came home and chilled and watched some shows. My back continues to improve - though not 100%...but it's getting there. I've started fasting more daily and I'm going to work on this more. Not only for Lenten season - but also for health and continued weight loss...which helps my back too. 

Then yesterday we slept in. Matt made one of his famous and wonderful breakfast scrambles. We played some cards. Went shopping and Matt got some golf clothes for Spring/Summer and I got a few Spring items. Then we went to visit with my Mom and step Dad who are both doing GREAT! Thanks for all the prayers over the time frame of both of their heart surgeries!!  And we helped them get their Spring decorations out. 

Then we came home and hung out with Annie. Made a nice Sunday dinner and shared that time with her. And then played some more cards and watched a show together to end the night. It was a relaxing and wonderful weekend. 😊 




















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:






























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

half a piece of zucchini bread, coffee w/ protein creamer



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, groceries this week on Matt's day off, work on school project, home projects, hospice calls, hospice work at facility, call and catch up with a cousin, work on spring break trip plans



















THINKING ABOUT:  


future ways to give to hospice work that may include some new opportunities for me creatively....still researching but excited to explore






 











CURRENTLY READING

Spring magazines 🌸 















ON THE TV TODAY:

Shark Tank, Ghosts, Quantam Leap, The Good Doctor, Survivor, HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad, Greys Anatomy, Reign, might check out That's my Jam too















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

*my hello fresh is delayed this week so not sure about meal plan but thinking:



    MONDAY - leftovers from pork chop dinner 


TUESDAY - roast beef melt sandwiches, salad


WEDNESDAY - busy day soup (if I make this & it's yummy will share recipe later this week)


THURSDAY - tacos


FRIDAY - out for dinner?


*I might try to bake a pineapple coconut quick bread this week to think tropical thoughts (& my Annie loves these flavors) 🍍 Will share this recipe if I make it too.







 









TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

get some back rubs from Matt, work on fun projects 















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
















FROM THE CAMERA:

March keeps coming in like a lion 🦁 




Matt's breakfast scrambles are the best! And cleans a lot of leftovers out of the fridge. 😂 



Found som cute Spring/summer pillows out shopping this weekend





Think Spring! 💐 








PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere 🙏 












PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Not exactly an inspirational - but it sure gave me a giggle, as I relate  with these bad back issues. 😆  
I hope you have a joyful week ahead! (with very few aches and pains 😉 ) I'm sharing with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

18 comments:

  1. Hello! Your weekend sounds amazing! Very fun and productive! Glad you are feeling better. So much going around here. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to in your beautiful part of our world. And I join you in all your prayer intentions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beautiful Billie Jo! Love sharing time with you always. ;)

      Delete
  2. haha! funny quote. I LOVE the sunflower pillow! looks so fresh and spring-like. Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! that sunflower pillow spoke to my soul too! ;)

      Delete
  3. As we walked out of work today and felt that cold wind again, I said to the girl I was with - it's March. Soon this will be done!
    Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Matt's scramble sounds wonderful and what a great way to use leftovers.
    That bunny egg is the cutest. The frog - made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari - if we all keep thinking Spring it will come! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh the frog..
    Matt's scramble sounds good.
    Good to hear your parents are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear your friend caught covid, we have a few in the church that are dealing with it right now, making attendance a bit lower, thankfully we are still ok.
    So good to hear that you are feeling better and I hope that it won't be long and the same will be about your back. Good news on your parents too :)
    That is a lot of snow but just think how green everything will be with that much moisture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! And yes, good attitude about thinking positive of how that snow will nurture our ground in the Spring. ;)

      Delete
  6. March really is roaring it's head here too. Punxatawney Phil was definitely right this year!

    HA HA There is no such thing as a "rain check" here in the land of RAIN!

    I LOVE your spring decos. I've been doing some here to trying to offset the gray bleariness.

    Sorry about Mr. C - hope you're all well and that he recovers soon. And GREAT news that your mom is doing so well. Have a GREAT week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! Yes, seeing those decorations does help keep the blahs away. Lol ;)

      Delete
  7. Wow that is a lot of snow! Our March is pretty yucky too with freezing rain, so much ice, power outtages all over, SO many tree branches in the street. But the breakfast scrambles sound really good! They are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! I hope your weather behaves too! And scrambles are the best, aren't they? ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh Carrie you have Spring decor - I love how you guys do seasonal schemes. I wish it would catch on here! The snow is amazing, and has been dumping over in Ottawa on my daughter too. A breakfast scramble sure sounds delicious, and Matt is a talent in the kitchen. Have a great week my friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! I think we're all so over this winter and ready to move on to warmer days! ;)

      Delete
  9. Oh, I can relate to that frog! A breakfast scramble sounds yummy and like a great breakfast for dinner idea for our Friday perhaps. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks Jean - I relate all too well with the frog too. ;)

      Delete