Monday, March 13, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello Friends! 

I'm sending you lovely Spring wishes, as I'm still buried under snow in the northwoods. We got another foot of snow over the weekend. Ugh!! It truly feels like Spring is never coming this year - so just wanted to send you well wishes to enjoy yours! Lol 😆  I just don't have patience for any of this with the horrible cabin fever I'm feeling. It is what it is as they say (but it doesn't mean I have to like it 😉 )

Matt & I were able to get out for dinner when the weather was just beginning to get snowy and blowy - and that was fun. We brought Annie back some goodies too (she didn't feel like braving the weather). Then yesterday we were snowed in an had a game marathon with Annie and that was a lot of fun! Then later on Matt and I watched some shows and it was nice just to snuggle in and chill. 

Today the sun is shining and the week looks lovely...until Thursday. Potentially another huge storm system. 🙈 Please send help in the form of prayers for this winter to end!!! 

For right now, enjoying the sunshine in the windows and diving into the week ahead...




















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

overnight oats with apple, coffee



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands on Matt's day off including bring in winter comforter to dry cleaners, get together with my Mom, Annie's conferences, my son coming for dinner/games one night, house projects, gift I'm working on, hospice work.



















THINKING ABOUT:  


the sunny getaway trip I'm taking with my daughter in the future...can't come soon enough ☀️ 






 












CURRENTLY READING

Spring magazines 🌸 















ON THE TV TODAY:

Shark Tank, Ghosts, Quantam Leap, The Good Doctor, Survivor, HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad, Greys Anatomy, Reign, and I watched the Academy awards last night 🌟 
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - mandarin chili pork chops with rice and roasted zucchini and carrot medley (HF meal)


TUESDAY - croque madames with pickled shallot salad (HF meal)


WEDNESDAY - loaded pork taquitos w/ pico de gallo & guac (HF meal)


THURSDAY - beef tenderloin w/ creamy kale & fingerling potatoes (HF meal)


FRIDAY - out for dinner?









 









TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

working on some fun projects















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:





yum 😋 











FROM THE CAMERA:

I have been loving overnight oats and I've been making different kinds. I now fast most week days - but I still need some pain meds as my back continues to heal...so I eat a little something in the AM and then fast for anywhere from 9-11 hours during the day. And then eat a reasonable dinner. I workout almost everyday, as well as do my therapy exercises. I have been feeling so much better doing this and the weight has started to come off steadily. And I've been getting stronger and my herniated disc issue is really starting to diminish, thank goodness! 




Even though the weather isn't cooperating, I'm continuing to think Spring in other ways. Painted my nails a Springy color and doing pretty wallpapers as the backdrop on my smartphone. ;)


Brought some food to my Mom and step Dad last week - and they're thinking Spring thoughts too. 😊 🌸 





I baked a really yummy quick bread last week - that was almost more like cake in texture and was pineapple coconut flavor. Annie's faves, and it was nice to have something feel tropical around here! Lol I will share recipe this week. 









Last week I scrubbed up this master bath vase and got different flowers to arrange in it. The previous all cream flowers were in it for many years. I had washed them a lot through the years, but they were old and need to go. I wanted a change, so I went with greens, golds, cream and even deep burgundy red tiny accent flowers to suit the stained glass window above the tub. 



I've started a few fun projects - some to be gifts 🐑 






Some shots of the snow out my windows this weekend. The master bedroom has screens on them so that's why they look that way. And one is looking down at the lower level of our house - look how buried that section is! 🙈 



My sweet neighbor bestie and her daughter were embracing the crazy weather and streets being empty and were skiing around the neighborhood and paid me a visit. Lol 



We played 3-person cribbage and other games during our marathon with Annie. It was a lot of fun making due with being trapped in the cozy. 










PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For so many dealing with crazy weather this winter to remain safe, patient and not lose faith in the
Spring that is to come. 🙏 












PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Have a very blessed week ahead! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Same here with the snow... no spring in our horizon. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needed to read that. Stay warm. I love your menu. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you! A huge storm last Friday, and then I got up this morning and again we were dumped on. It's supposed to be in the 40's wed through fri, but now I'm thinking if you are getting a big storm Thursday, it may come to us on the weekend. Spring - where are you?
    Glad you made the best of it! The bathroom flowers look so nice and the color is perfect with the stained glass.
    You're doing cross stitch! I used to do that all the time and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you really are snowed in! It just keeps coming this year. Well done with the daily fasting, I do not know how you do it. But worth it as you are feeling much better. You chose a beautiful palette for the bathroom flowers, absolutely gorgeous. I just cannot imagine being able to ski around the neighborhood and go visiting! Amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got a little bit of snow over the weekend but not nearly as much as you did! I'm thinking spring too. My beautiful orchid has a few blooms on it and another five (at least) buds on it. I want ALL THE FLOWERS out on my balconies this year! Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend!! I am wishing for spring too! The winter has been endless. Over here, every time they say snow it turns to a rainy slushy mess! I've over it : ) Your flowers and nails are so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm sending sunny springy vibes your way this week! And can't wait for the bread recipe! I love pineapple and coconut and that looks yummy! Have a wonderful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much snow up there. Thanks for holding it so we can enjoy our warmer days down here ;) Actually, it's been a little chilly and we're supposed to get flurries Thursday night. Nothing like you though. All your pictures are so welcoming and cozy looking, no matter what the weather. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry you are still dealing with this. I do miss Michigan but times like this I am glad we live in Southern Illinois, not saying we haven't had snow in March but not quite that much. I hope this is it for you and it will start warming up.
    Glad you are doing better, I am still trying to figure out what to do about my weight, my body seems to be changing and the same things are not working anymore.
    Love your window and the pretty flowers you picked out for your vase.
    That quote is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of snow, Carrie and so late in the season, too. It's pretty, but I know about cabin fever. It looks like you are making the best of it with your game nights and yummy food. Hopefully the weather will settle down within the next few days and spring will finally take hold. We usually get the weather that California is getting this year, so we have been spared, but I feel so bad for them all down there. We have been having perpetually gray skies and very cool temps, but this weekend is supposed to be in the 60's! The crazy people here start wearing shorts and tank tops if it gets to be 50. I even saw a car with its top down today and it was pretty cold, but had stopped raining. Your home looks so cozy and I love the new flowers that match your gorgeous window. I've wanted to try the overnight oatmeal, too. It looks yummy. Your nails are pretty and good for you for sticking with the fasting and exercise. Love the quote! Sending hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete