Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday (on a Tuesday)


Happy Monday Friends!


I had several things going on yesterday, including Matt's folks came back from AZ for the summer - so we spent time with them. So I'm getting to this post late this week.  

Last week we celebrated Annie's birthday and it was so fun! Had my Mom and step Dad over and ate goodies and bday cake and played games. I can't believe my girl is such a young woman and only has 1 more year before she's off to college! It hurts my heart in a bittersweet way, as it will be amazing to watch her spread her wings and see where she will go. But i will miss her terribly. 

Those of you that celebrated Mother's Day this past weekend... I hope it was a wonderful one! I have always felt so blessed to have so many amazing Mom's in my life. Strong, loving, kind amazing women that grace, and have graced, my life. 🙏 (photos of them below)

 I felt very loved and spoiled. Matt and I went to church and then went to spend time with my Mom and step Dad. We brought lunch and gifts for my Mom and played some cards with them. They are both doing so much better (thank you so much for the prayers!) And then in the evening my kiddos gave me gifts and did fun takeout dinner and we played some games. I received a sweet pitcher that sits on a stand for summer entertaining. And money for me to get my hanging basket flowers - yay! And my son said he has something on the way yet too. Lol Matt had already spoiled me by getting me a standing plant bed for veggies - like a little screen house that I wanted (he still needs to put it together 😉 ) And a planting stand with shelves and sink that needs to get put together yet too. My daughter gave me a card that made me want to cry. I just felt so very loved and I'm so grateful for the gift of being a Momma. It's the greatest gift I could have ever asked for on this earth. 💝 

I sure hope you all felt equally loved and blessed! 





















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:



















































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

activia strawberry yogurt, vanilla iced coffee



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

groceries, errands, get more flowers to plant pots, cleaning and organizing more rooms in the house, symphony fundraiser event Matt & I going to with friends, grief calls work, time at hospice house, appts
















THINKING ABOUT:  

how wonderful it is to have nicer weather, the dock and pontoon are in, I've started getting flowers to plant - it finally feels like summer is right around the corner! ☀️ 😊 




















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

nice and tidy and it's Matt's day off - so we're getting ready to go out to brunch with his folks ;) 




















CURRENTLY READING

 The Wonder by Emma Donoghue (I paused this a bit - and have been reading summer magazines too....but I'm back to finishing this book)





















ON THE TV TODAY:

 Survivor, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad (almost done), Ghosts, Greys Anatomy, Ted Lasso, Extraordinary Attorney Woo (netflix), Jeopardy Masters





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - 



TUESDAY - 



WEDNESDAY -  




THURSDAY - 



FRIDAY -  


**I need to make a grocery list. Matt's folks are staying up here all week before heading to the cabin for the summer. We're going to go grocery shopping and see what they want to do for certain nights eating out and others cooking in. I think they're going to come to my place on Wednesday and I plan to make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches, coleslaw, caramel apple salad, veggie tray, corn on the cob and Matt requested peanut butter pie again for dessert. Lol 

















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

sit in the sun and read, diamond painting, go out with Matt's folks





















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:






















FROM THE CAMERA:






Celebrating my 17 yr old! 🎂 






My Mom (on the left) and my former MIL that passed away in 2018 💝


My stepMom 💝


Matt's Mom 💝





Ruby got her haircut recently and loves the drive home with the window down a bit to let her pretty bows flap in the breeze. Lol


Matt with crazy morning hair giving nice clean Ruby snuggles first thing. Aawww










Spring has really showed up! ;) 
























PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For my step Mom whose Mom recently passed away and for all of their family. 🙏 




















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Have a wonderful week! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. This is an inspiring and lovely post.https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/05/how-to-style-golden-goose-sneakers-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a nice Mothers Day and are surrounded by so many great moms! And of course - you are a great mom too!
    Happy Birthday to your sweet Annie. 17 - those years go so quickly.
    It's looking so beautiful there.
    I'm really enjoying Survivor this year, although I was so sad when they voted Frannie out a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Yes - The kiddo years seem to be going by in a blink. I'm trying to treasure every moment. ;) We were so sad to see Frannie go too!! I really thought it was going to go another way. Blessings xo

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you! And happy belated birthday to Annie! Glad you are finally getting your spring/summer weather. Once you finish Breaking Bad, I'd suggest Better Call Saul. My older son and I both thought it was better than Breaking Bad though it moves at a bit of a different pace. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! ;) I hope you enjoyed your day too. A girlfriend of mine said she liked Better Call Saul better too. It's definitely on our list!! Hope your week is wonderful too. xo

      Delete
  4. You have had a week of nice celebrating with Birthdays and then Mother's day, sounds like you had a perfect day. How fun to be planting, we are enjoying watching our veggies growing, they even made it through a hail storm. Don't you just love when everything starts to green up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! It was such a lovely weekend overall. ;) I adore when everything starts to green up and sprout and you know summer and warmth that stays is just around the corner! Happy gardening to you! I hope there are no more hail storms. xo

      Delete