Hello and happy new week to you Friends!
I hope that all is wonderful in your world. 😊 And that you had a lovely weekend filled with fun, sun and relaxation. It was a fun one here - although I was missing some of peeps for part of it. Matt needed to go up to his the lake property to help his folks with some things. And Annie was gone to a hockey tourney. But on Friday night, when Matt was still here, we went out for a fancy date night with some friends. They had told us about a local symphony fundraiser with a 4 course meal, and symphony members playing in between courses. It was at a fancy country club kind of place. It was so fun to dress up and to have great conversation, food and some wonderful music!
Then on Saturday, I had an Aunt in from out-of-town so we had a pizza night here with other relatives. It was a lovely day so we spent most of it out on the deck. And in the evening I put on the fire and it was wonderful catching up with everyone.
I got some of my flowers Sunday and started my pots. Makes me so happy! And then Matt and I got time Sunday night when he got back and had dinner and caught up on some shows. ❤️ It was nice to have "all the chicks back in the nest" last night. Now on to this week!
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
activia blueberry yogurt, iced vanilla coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
costco/groceries, errands, more nursery flower runs, guardian yearly spray outside for bugs, meeting at my daughter's school, out for lunch with my former SIL and an Aunt, grief support calls, hospice work at facility
THINKING ABOUT:
The neat conversation we had when my relatives were over this weekend. My step Mom recently lost her Mom. She was in her 90's and it wasn't unexpected. But she shared about how much less she fears death after being with her Mom for her last days. That at one point her Mom was staring off towards the ceiling (which is not uncommon when someone is in final stages of dying). And my step Mom asked her what she was looking at, and she replied, 'the glory of God' And she talked about how incredibly peaceful her Mom's passing was. At that point hospice was following her and just doing comfort measures - including morphine. And I shared how in my work I have seen how amazing our bodies are. The way a body can know how to give birth...our bodies also know how to die. It's often a very natural and peaceful process. When family members get worked up and demand fluids or foods etc for their dying relative - they are actually causing their loved ones discomfort as they die. Because at that point their bodies can't process things anymore like they once did. I have learned it's a very natural process to let the body shut down and it knows how to die.
Just my 2 cents worth as someone who has been doing hospice work for 5-6 years now...and before that worked as a social work in long term care that involved a lot of end of life. 😉
But my step Mom sharing her experience sparked a whole interesting conversation with my other relatives there too.
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
It's clean and tidy. I got to this late today, so my daughter just got home from school and we were catching up with each other. She's getting excited as she has less than 2 weeks left of school! The sun is streaming in and it truly feels like summer is right around the corner. ☀️
CURRENTLY READING
The Wonder by Emma Donoghue. Still not done as I haven't been consistent in my reading - but I'm really liking it.
ON THE TV TODAY:
Survivor, HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad (almost done), Ghosts, Greys Anatomy, Ted Lasso, Younger on Hulu, Jeopardy Masters, Shark Tank
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - chicken enchiladas, cantina chips & salsa, veggies
TUESDAY -
WEDNESDAY -
THURSDAY -
FRIDAY - out for dinner?
**Need groceries and plan to shop tomorrow on Matt's day off. Not sure what we'll do for sure but thinking something to throw on the grill, some salads, maybe an asian food night with spring rolls and stir fry
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
sit in the sun and read, diamond painting, plant flowers
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
*I tried this and it works!
FROM THE CAMERA:
I love this angel that's up at the hospice house
We had such a great time at the fundraiser with my friend Kari and her bf Chris. She lives in my neighborhood. And she has a story similar to mine... she had been with her spouse a long time (has 4 kids) and he cheated and she went through a divorce and dating apps etc. We have bonded a lot over things these past years! 😉 But she found her wonderful fella too and it's fun to both be so happy and excited about our futures. This pic cracks me up, though, as Matt looks like a giant (even with Kari & I in heels!) But at 6'2" he is a tall drink of water. Lol
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For my step Mom whose Mom recently passed away and for all of their family. 🙏




