Monday, May 8, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday Friends!


I hope you're heading into a great week ahead ☀️ 😊 

It was a fun weekend here. Last week the new deck furniture was delivered and we got to enjoy it a little. But this past weekend was colder and rainy. However, that was perfect weather for a little road trip to Matt's family lake property to open things up a bit. His folks come back from AZ next week - so wanted to get the ball rolling for them. 

Also, on Cinco de Mayo Matt and I went out for Mexican food with a bestie, Mrs. C. although Mr C was out of town with their daughter for a volleyball tourney - but Mrs. C had to stay behind because of her nursing job. So we convinced her to come out with us. It was so fun and filled with laughs and yummy food! 

Saturday I went shopping with my Mom for upcoming birthdays (my step Dad and Annie). We always grab lunch, too, and chat and catch up. It was so nice because she had a bad bout of covid a few weeks ago and I'm so grateful she's doing so well now. 

Matt and I also got a few home projects done, including putting together a neat walk in case for Bubba's cat litter. Ruby can't fit in it - so she won't be able to mess with his litter. We keep prepping things for when both boys (Matt and Bubba 😉 ) move in here. 

Last night I had some visitors in the yard...check the pics below to see 
🐾 

















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:












































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

activia peach yogurt, coffee 



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands on Matt's day off, groceries too, meeting for hospice work, friend over for lunch, Annie's birthday with friends & family over, Ruby's haircut, decorating for an event up at Annie's school (& meeting for that committee), hospice work















THINKING ABOUT:  

the lovely season ahead now that the forecast show's better weather in the future - and the dock and pontoon get put in this week (yay!)



















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's gray but the sun is trying to come out. Ruby is playing with her squeak toy and found the squeak part and is going crazy chomping it. Lol Always cracks me up.




















CURRENTLY READING

 The Wonder by Emma Donoghue





















ON THE TV TODAY:

 Survivor, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad, Ghosts, Greys Anatomy, Ted Lasso, Extraordinary Attorney Woo (netflix)





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - sushi night we didn't do last week



TUESDAY - munchie plates (Matt's day off so sometimes we go for a big fun lunch and only munch light in the evening for dinner - like cheese & crackers and veggie and dip)




WEDNESDAY -  grilling burgers, asparagus, chips, fruit




THURSDAY - Annie's birthday! 🎉  getting the local pizza she wants called Shamrock pizza and she requested a banana cream poke cake I'll be baking up
 



FRIDAY -  soup and sandwiches




















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, diamond painting, friend coming over for lunch





















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

























FROM THE CAMERA:



had our first fire of the season and the new furniture had come  - first bear visit of the season too. Momma and 2 babies (one is on the bottom of the tree)






did my hospice work Friday so was already dressed up for cinco de mayo date night out ;) 















Fun trip to open up Matt's lake property - so pretty there







we went into town after opening up the lake home for Matt's folks and visited some cute little shops and had BBQ at a cute place that had a pig theme everywhere 😋 We shared a big sample platter for 2  💗 














PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For my step Mom whose Mom is in hospice. For safe travels for our snow bird relatives traveling back from AZ for the season. 🙏 




















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Have a blessed week! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

3 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see Spring popping out! Love the pics from your place and from opening the cottage. So pretty! The pigs are cute! The bears are cute now, but a little too close.
    Happy Birthday to Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed with your prayers. May they all be answered in Jesus' name. I was shocked by bears in your yard! I'd be hiding. Great tips. I wonder if I could keep up the penny challenge for a year? Glad to find you from Happy Homemaker. Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. Oh wow a bear so close, hopefully they don't come and check out your new furniture. The lake property looks great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete