Monday, November 13, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello Friends and happy Monday ☀️ 
It's a lovely one here today. Actual sunshine!! It feels like we haven't seen the sun in weeks. It has either been cloudy, gray or rainy. This whole week ahead looks lovely though. More sunny days and warmer than normal temps in the 50's. I'll take it! 

Did you have a lovely weekend? It was a fun one here. We had dinner with my Mom and step Dad on Friday. Wanted to treat them for watching Ruby and Bubba when we were in Green Bay. We also played cards and just caught up, talked about our wedding plans... All of the fun things. 😉 

Then Saturday Aaron and his sweetie Jill popped in just to say hi... and we ended up spending the whole evening with them. Played cards, went to dinner and came back here and played video games. We had a blast! 

We did all of our usual Sunday things yesterday and I won't even talk about the Packers. 🙈 Just definitely our growing year. Lol
Matt & I also have been getting in some lovely walks - especially with this wonderful weather! And here we are, all too soon beginning a new week! I hope yours is starting beautifully. 💗 

*Thank you again for all of the kind comments and support about the privacy stuff. I'm going to take a lot of your advice and not let others bother my joy of blogging and if I can't do it privately in a convenient way to all of you....I will just continue on normally. I sure adore you all! xoxo



        














THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

just coffee - had to run to an appt for Annie this AM
















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Annie's hockey games, Annie check-up appt, groceries, errands, friend over for dinner, home projects, work on Thanksgiving lists, shampoo carpets, hospice work


















THINKING ABOUT:  

excited we booked our wedding venue! yay!! But still mainly focused on all things holidays ahead 🦃 🎄 





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Sun is streaming in and it just makes me smile! I'm listening to some fun Celtic punk music my son is in to. I was just visiting with Matt as he has been doing more trainings from home - and has been working in the lower level of the house.  





















CURRENTLY READING

A Slice of Summer by Melissa McClone - because the second book is an autumn one after this one (have been slacking but determined to finish reading this and I'm still browsing through Christmas magazines!)




















ON THE TV TODAY:

  Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Shark Tank, Jeopardy, The Morning Show, Great British Baking Show, Ghosts UK, some movies taped





















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY -  cheese tortellini with marinara (& meatballs on the side - Annie is not a big meat eater), roasted veggies, garlic bread



TUESDAY - buffalo chicken pizza with ranch drizzle, fresh fruit & veggies



WEDNESDAY -  slow cooker ham & scalloped potatoes, salad



THURSDAY - Slow cooker Italian chicken soup (will share recipe soon),
salad, foccacia bread



FRIDAY -  maybe out for dinner? 



















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

Have a friend over for dinner, work on Thanksgiving and Christmas lists



















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:




I shared about these fun pumpkin pie boxes done by my friend Deb in a post last year...and how I used them at Thanksgiving. I'm planning to do something similar with a little twist this year. But you can read about what i did last year in that post under the "from the camera" section of the post. You should be able to get to the post by clicking here.
















FROM THE CAMERA:









Empty deck now...I'm sure just a matter of time until we're covered snow





I wanted to share this yummy dessert from a mix I made this weekend. I used to be able to find it in the grocery store every Fall - but it's been years since I had seen it and so I went on a "hunt" for it.  I found it on amazon of course. Lol It's pumpkin bars with a gingerbread crust and they are SO tasty!! They are by the brand Krusteaz and if this link works you can find them here. I highly recommend them for a wonderful treat you can whip up very easily. 😋 




















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and the Middle East and for all parts of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For all our Veterans.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere.  For Matt's Mom and for my gf both dealing with health issues. 🙏 
























PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I saw this and thought it was funny. Have you ever had days like this too? ;) 

I'm sharing this post with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. Have a blessed week Friends! xo

12 comments:

  1. Hello! So thanks for the yummy recipe! Sorry about the blog trolls. I had some unsavory comments a few years ago, and I deleted them as soon as I saw them. The person grew bored and moved on! You are too important here to let one person keep you from sharing your joy. Love you lots!!!! Happy cozy time, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Billie Jo! These people feel like trolls, although they don't leave comments. Just people in my ex world that for some reason enjoy looking at my world. Sigh Yes, never going to let people like that steal my joy again. Wishing you blessings always! xo

      Delete
  2. Your photos today are so beautiful! Even without leaves.... We had sunshine today too, makes me happy.
    Hooray for booking your venue!
    I like what you did with those pumpkin pie boxes, great idea!
    I agree with Billie - you are loved and important, glad you are just ignoring those people who try to stir things up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! We're so excited about our venue! I'll share more in the days to come. It's sure getting real and so fun! 👰 Blessings. xo

      Delete
  3. Wedding plans? and unsavory comments? I think I've missed some things. I love visiting your blog, so keep on posting. and wedding plans, ohhhhhh how nice! Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! Yes, Matt and I got engaged!! Look a few posts back and I share all about it. We're so excited! Blessings to you. xo

      Delete
  4. Happy Tuesday evening sweetie - I'm getting by faster this week. Thank you for emailing to let me know there was a problem with my blog - I think the update I did fixed any issue. Venue is the hard part - you're smooth sailing now! So happy you're getting some warmer weather and sun this week - Enjoy and have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! Yes, the venue is so beautiful and I hope we can do outside like we plan to (they do have a plan B if bad weather) It's along the big lake and so pretty. The weather has been dreamy and so non-November like. No complaints here! Lol Blessings. xo

      Delete
  5. Congrats on finding a venue for your wedding, that is half of it right there, you are on your way now :) my hubby likes gingerbread so I bet he would love that recipe :) Looks like you have been enjoying some great crisp fall days, they seem to go by way too quickly, we need to enjoy every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! That mix is so good and if your hubby likes gingerbread - I think he'll definitely like these. Having the venue set has put my mind at ease so much. They handle everything throughout our wedding weekend too - which is awesome! So excited and will share more soon. Blessings. xo

      Delete
  6. Ha, I relate to the inspiration! So happy for you, did you share the date or did I miss that? If you're keeping it private it, I get that as well. Beautiful photos as always. Hope your week is going great so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! We aren't sharing the specific date but we are getting married next September. We can't wait! And I'll be sharing lots more details in the months to come. :) Blessings. xo

      Delete