Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday (on a Tuesday)



Hello Friends! 
Sorry I'm a little late this week. I've been busy with some hospice work and I'm finally sitting down and taking some time to work on my HHM post for the week. 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know someone who must have...how's about those Chiefs Jean?!?!! That was a pretty epic ending to the Super Bowl. We had such fun watching it with our friends the C's. We had a little football betting board Matt put together, and we had a yummy spread and enjoyed the game, commercials, half time show - all of it was a lot of fun! But I'm really happy to see a blogland pal have their team be the big winner this year!! Of course Mrs. C & I enjoyed all of the Taylor & Travis love too. Lol 

Also this past weekend we enjoyed watching Annie's hockey team win in the semi-finals! So they play in the finals this week and if they win they go to State! That would be pretty amazing! After we watched the game we went out to dinner with the C's and then they came and hung out at our house to play some cribbage and smear. Very fun weekend overall and a busy start to the week already. ☺️💕




















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

piece of buttered toast with jam, coffee













ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Matt traveled to Chicago for work but back tonight, Annie's playoff final game, errands, passport stuff, wedding stuff, senior planning committee stuff, hospice stuff...lots of stuff. Lol 


















THINKING ABOUT:  

I forgot to post the soup recipe I was going to post last week..so I will do that later this week. 🍲


















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's kind of gray this afternoon.  No real snow anywhere - been just so weirdly mild this winter. I have valentines decorations still up, greenery and snowmen kinds of things. In another week or so, I will change it all to Easter and Spring! 🌸
















CURRENTLY READING

Haven't started anything new



















ON THE TV TODAY:

Jeopardy, Miss Scarlet and the Duke, All Creatures Great and Small, Shark Tank, Finding your Roots on PBS, Ghosts, LPBW, I talked Matt into watching one of my fave series of all time with me (The Good Wife) - lots of good court cases kind of drama and he's liking it better than he thought he would. Lol He gets to pick the next one and he already told me he wants me to watch The Walking Dead because I've never seen it and he liked it...all in good time. ;) 


















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY -   super bowl snacky leftovers



TUESDAY - tomato soup, grilled cheese & fruit



WEDNESDAY -  Annie's game - not sure? (& Ash Wednesday)



THURSDAY - pork chops, lemon & garlic green beans, salad



FRIDAY - maybe out for fish fry?





  
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

cross-stitch, read

















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



























FROM THE CAMERA:
















Matt made this pizza dip with hot honey that we ate with crostini and it was so yummy! 











PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere.  For Matt's Mom to be fully healed from her cancer, and that her final treatments continue to go well. And for his Dad dealing with some heart issues now as well.  For Matt's upcoming eye surgery. 🙏 




















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



So grateful for the blessing of you my Friends! Have a great week. :) 
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Ok. First of all, you know I adore you, right?? But...You haven't watched The Walking Dead?!?!?!?! I am speechless. I suppose we can still be friends, but put it on your watchlist, k? Love your food picks. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Billie Jo! At least I know there is another ringing endorsement out there for W.D. ;) Blessings xo

      Delete
  2. Don't worry about Billie Jo - I haven't seen the walking dead either! :)
    I thought of you guys Sunday night. We didn't watch the game but were checking in and seeing what an exciting game it was. Glad you had so much fun!
    Hooray for Annie!
    You reminded me of Ghosts - I started watching the UK version and need to catch up.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Maybe you need to put W.D. on your list too. Lol Love the Ghosts show - it's so clever and cute. Blessings. xo

      Delete
  3. It has been infuriatingly mild here this winter too. I am a cold and snow lover, so it has upset me! My fiance and I have watched all but the last 2 seasons of The Walking Dead. I gotta say, I love it. My entertainment tastes have a lot to be desired!

    All of those yummy foods! I love those little burgers - are they on waffle fries? How cute! And the crackers with bacon - I made those a long, long time ago and they were yummy!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! Another lover of W.D. - it's giving me hope that I'll like it when we dive in for the future. Lol Yep, the sliders were on waffle fry "buns" Always yummy and fun! Blessings. xo

      Delete
  4. Good Luck to Annie I hope they go to State that would be so perfect for her last year!
    Looks like you all had a great spread for the game, so fun!
    Wishing Matt's parents well and for Matt's upcoming eye surgery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you did have A LOT of "STUFF" to do this week! I hope you have been able to get it all done. Sounds like you had as much fun for superbowl as we did and I am so happy for Jean!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Annie's hockey team on their win! Hoping the final playoff game went in their favor. That spread of food from the big game looks amazing! We were pretty happy with that win. Prayers for great health for Matt and his family. And yes, watch The Walking Dead! I don't even do scary and I like it. I call it and the spinoffs, my zombie soap operas, LOL. Hope you are at the start of a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete