Hello my dear lovely Friends!
First of all, happy February to you. I can't believe we got through that endlessly long month called January already. Now we just hope that the groundhog doesn't see his shadow and that Spring is truly around the corner. ☀️
Next, I wanted to thank you all for the lovely words of support on my last post. I shared from my heart and soul, in a way I felt was beyond me and I was meant to share it. It can feel difficult to be that vulnerable and share of my thoughts, heart, faith, truth like that...but the love I feel on here whenever I have shared on such a personal level touches me more than I can ever say in mere words. So thank you... and my love right back to you all. 🙏🏻❤️
Lastly, on to the whole reason for this post. Some delicious and downright easy macaroni and cheese! My daughter had her bf visiting from FL over the holiday season - and I made mac & cheese as a side dish to one of the meals I made while he was here. I used a recipe by Paula Deen and it was SO YUMMY! Creamy, cheesy, decadent and easy to put together.
Here's a pic of the adorable couple during his visit:
The matching pj pants just makes me smile. And I love the fact that Snoopy is back "in" for this generation. But I digress. On to cheesy pasta!
This is the only pic I caught of the mac & cheese, but I think it still gives you a clear idea of how delish it was. The recipe called for a unique way of preparing this dish for the slow cooker by making a cheesy butter sauce at the start in a pan on the stove. Trust me that at first it will seem like it won't come together - but give it time, it will. And then you pile everything else, along with that skillet sauce, into the slow cooker. Let it slow cook a couple hours until you're ready to eat. We had a little bit of queso cheese to use up, so I threw that in too. That was the only thing I changed beyond the recipe. I think you could honestly use any cheeses you liked really. It was excellent and I definitely recommend it!
Here's the recipe:




How absolutely delicious! And I love the Snoopy PJs. Just popped in to write on your previous post - I was so moved when I first read it, I was speechless/wordless! Blessings xoxo
ReplyDeleteCute pic of Annie!
ReplyDeleteI have not had good success in making mac and cheese. This looks really good and of course I trust your taste, so I'll be trying it. Thanks!
Yay for Annie and her guy! Yay for Snoopy! And Double Yay for this recipe!!!!! Thanks, my friend!
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie, your daughter and her friend look so cute in their matching pj bottoms. My grandson and his friends wore the long flannel pj bottoms to school before Christmas. Your macaroni sounds so good! I make a family recipe that we call sopa. We sautee the pasta in oil that has onions and garlic. Then we add tomato sauce , seasoning, hot water and cook it until it is soupy. I like it with lemon juice. My grands like it cooked more until there is not a lot of sauce. Then they eat it with grated cheese that has melted. The call it Mexican macaroni and cheese. I have to make it with gluten free pasta now and I like it better. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun share today - the pj's are so cute. The mac looks so tempting! Yum
ReplyDeleteWe have just gone low carb and white pasta is now off our list of foods to eat. The pic of the kids is cute.
ReplyDelete