Friday, February 9, 2024

Super Bowl Fun

 


Hello Friends and happy TGIF! 

I thought I'd send a shout out to my fellow football loving friends. Are you excited for the big game? And I thought I'd share the plans over here for enjoying the Super Bowl this weekend. 



We will be having our friends the C's over on Sunday night. We'll rearrange some things in our lower level where the big screen tv is and make it comfy for everyone. And we plan to set up a table with a fun table cloth and lots of yummy eats!!



Since it's so close to Valentine's Day I also picked up some fun valentine dessert plates and napkins. Plus the red colors go with the 2 teams a bit.  I also grabbed some fun red valentines candies to decorate the table too.  I plan to be cheering for the Chiefs in honor of my dear friend Jean. 

But a lot of the game for Mrs. C and I is all about the commercials and the half time show. Lol I know Matt will probably bet on the game and talk with his Dad (they're both such big football fans).  Mr. C is a big football lover too. ❤️❤️❤️


However, all 4 of us are all about the spread. And I don't mean betting. 😉 The food is truly the main event! Ha!


Mrs. C is bringing a veggie tray (gotta have some healthy options), taco dip and chips, and a banana pudding dessert. 

I am making a fruit tray (+dip) to also contribute to healthy nibbles. And I am also making these fun bacon appetizers:







As well as these fun build your own mini sliders with waffle fry "buns", comeback sauce & other condiments. Gotta love yummy finger food! 😋 You can find both of these recipes on my pinterest under football food or you can click here.




And for dessert I'm going to contribute some Ghirardelli valentines brownies. As well as the valentines candy decorating the table too. Throw in lots of fun beverages and we have a party! 

I have been working hard at health and wellness and it's starting to show by numbers moving down my scale - so I plan to fast quite a bit this weekend in order not to sabotage too much with the fun eats. But I will definitely be indulging! 

Are you doing anything for the Super Bowl? Or going to be up to other fun doings this weekend? Do share - always love knowing what you're up to :) 

Either way - blessings to you for a wonderful weekend ahead!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. We aren't into football. Can you believe that?
    We'll be watching a British crime show which is our usual Sunday night thing. :)
    I make those bacon crackers for New Years Eve every year. They are so good!
    Have fun! I'm looking forward to pics later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! The game was really fun and those crackers are mouthwatering!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed your show. :)

      Delete
  2. We will be watching but not much of anything else as I am still fighting this cold. Looks like you will be having a fun time for sure and some neat things to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I hope you're feeling much better by now. 💗 The game was really fun and I ate way too many goodies! Lol xo

      Delete