Hello Friends and happy Monday to you. 💛
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It was a fun one here and flew by. Annie's bf was up from FL to take her to her senior prom. Yes, another final thing checked off the list as it feels like we speed to her graduation! I can't believe how quickly this year has flown and it's almost May already. And it's so bittersweet in many ways. I get excited for my daughter's future...but selfishly feel like I want to freeze time and keep her here with me forever. Sigh. And such is the way of a Mom, right? Did I ever mention that she's going away to Florida for college? She was accepted into a special advertising program and plans to do business/marketing. I think her dream would be to work for a sports team one day. So adds to the sad a bit as I think of her so far away from the northwoods. But I know that she will do amazing things and I'm her biggest fan and cheerleader always. 😊🌷💗
So FYI: be prepared for lots of prom pics below. Lol
Also this weekend, Matt & I ran some errands but mainly hung around home and got some projects done and relaxed. We played lots of cards with the C's last weekend - but they were gone out-of-town for volleyball tourney this past weekend. Matt & I often go to Saturday mass, but helping Annie get ready for prom and doing pics etc didn't work to do that. Also, we made a big brunch for the kids Sunday. So it was a church online kind of weekend. I've also been working on several projects for Annie's graduation and just lots of busy right now. I guess it helps as a good distraction so I don't think too much about what the Fall will bring. Lol
I can't believe May begins this week! I love my planner and the pages on it are so pretty. Here's some current ones for May:
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
Sugar free iced coffee (fasting)
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
a couple groceries to pick up, working on Mother's Day plans, Annie's school senior party committee work to do, home projects (Spring cleaning), hospice work to finish up for the month, hospice work up at facility, lunch out with a friend
THINKING ABOUT:
It was a rainy weekend but earlier last week we had sunny days and Matt & I pulled out the pickleball net and played in the driveway for a few hours. It's such a fun way to get exercise. We also pulled out our golf mat and hit balls and worked on our swings. It's SO glorious to me to be able to do these things after suffering from that back herniation for a year and a half. Looking forward to all the sports this summer!!
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
I wanted to share this new cabinet we recently purchased (actually Matt got it for me as an early mothers day gift). I graduated high school with Angela and her and her hubby have the cutest social media account where their hobby is to find vintage pieces and upcycle them. Things that are dated, beat up etc - they fix them up and come up with a new vision for them. I had been looking for years for a cabinet like this for this spot in our living room. It's an old wardrobe and they stripped it down and painted it black and stained the top. Put a chargeable light in it that comes on when it's opened. Their vision was for it to be for a coffee bar cabinet or wine cabinet. I LOVE it for a wine cabinet that I will fill with my bottles and I've already been putting in my stemware. I'm using the drawers for overflow from my dining room hutch and my mailing stuff I use often for the hospice work I do from home. I love the looks of it and I'm so thrilled to finally find the vintage piece I was dreaming on for that spot. 🖤
CURRENTLY READING
The Collected Regret of Clover by Mikki Brammer.
ON THE TV TODAY:
Jeopardy, Call the Midwife, LPBW, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, Ghosts, Shark Tank, The Good Doctor, The Rookie, When Calls the Heart
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - leftover tacos from the weekend
TUESDAY - brats on the grill, roasted veggies, chips, fruit
WEDNESDAY - beef flautas, kale salad (HF meal)
THURSDAY - buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy, fried eggs & sweet potato hash (HF meal)
FRIDAY - out for dinner
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
read, work on graduation and senior party projects
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
Before I share a bazillion prom pics -here are some recent furry baby moments around here:
Bubba loves it when we change the sheets. He has to get under the them and goes crazy. Lol
This was just this morning when I was having my coffee - he was asking to come up on my lap so he could "make biscuits" on me. 😊🖤
Now, enjoy the prom overload. Lol But I love having them on here for the memories too. Matt was so funny - taking pictures of me... taking pictures. But he came up with some of the fun pose ideas too. Annie & Kris were adorable and they had a great night! It was really cool that he was able to come up here from Florida to take her. 🌸💜
Annie's dad had gotten her a nice bouquet of flowers and I broke it into 2 bouquets. :)
Almost done with 1 of my sweet Mumsy's Mother's Day gifts. Just a little more outlining to do. Then clean up the back so she can hang it 💕

















