Monday, April 1, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday

 




Happy Monday to you!

I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend for those that celebrated. Matt &  I went to Easter mass. Then we had my Mom & step Dad, my brother Steven & his wife Jill, Aaron and his sweetie Jill, Annie, Matt & I gathered around our table for a lovely meal together in the afternoon. Lots of visiting and enjoying ham dinner with all the sides and yummy desserts. I was so in the moment that I forgot to get pics of everyone though! I'm determined to get better about remembering that for future family gatherings.  Then my brother & SIL had to leave for my SIL's family gathering. And Aaron and Jill went for Jill's family get together. So my Mom, step Dad, Matt, Annie & I played cards for a while. It was such a fun day and the weather was sunny and lovely and we had the windows open. It felt very Spring-like. I love my family so much and treasures time with them any chance I get! 💗🌷

Also, Saturday night our friends, the C's, had asked us to go out with them. So we went out for dinner to a new restaurant in our town (had really yummy food and Mrs. C and I may have enjoyed a lovely adult beverage 😉) and then they came back to our house to play some cribbage and smear. The men were the victors, sadly. Lol They won the cribbage game (but it was close!) and we won the first game of smear, but they won the next 2 - boo!) Those boys love to give us crap too. Don't worry, we'll get them next time! 😁


















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

cereal, coffee

















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

might be helping my Mom & step Dad with a medical appt, take Annie to get her prom dress hemmed, senior party committee meeting at 
Annie's school, errands, hospice work


















THINKING ABOUT:  

how lovely it's been the past few days and that it's nice to see all the snow melting... wondering when we'll be back to green grass and a full open bay? ☀️





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Listening to pretty music with birdsong sounds too, and I was just tickling Bubb's under his chin as he was lying here next to me. I see my kindle and a little stack of magazines across the room...maybe I'll get some reading time in this afternoon between house chores. 😊 My son often comes home for lunch, too, and I love getting that time with him. 





















CURRENTLY READING

Almost done with the Ready or Not book - really fun one. Not sure which book I'm going to read next?



















ON THE TV TODAY:

Jeopardy, Call the Midwife, LPBW, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy,  Survivor, The Rookie, Password, Ghosts, Shark Tank, The Good Doctor, Blown Away glass competition show, When Calls the Heart starts this weekend



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY -  Easter leftovers



TUESDAY - hot honey chicken w/ BBQ roasted potatoes & roasted broccoli (HF meal)



WEDNESDAY -  beef tenderloin & gouda sandwiches w/ au jus, mixed greens salad with apples w/ lemon vinaigrette (HF meal)



THURSDAY - crispy cheddar chicken w/ roasted broccoli & loaded mashed potatoes (HF meal)




FRIDAY -  maybe out for dinner?












  






TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, go walking, craft or cross-stitch





















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:























FROM THE CAMERA:



I had gotten this for Matt's birthday late last year because he talked about he had always dreamed on an A-frame on his 10 Mile Lake property (besides the cottage already there). But now we talk about building something with more room one day, however, I thought it would be cute to get him "his A-frame" and I found this. I don't have the patience to want to put them together so I had recruited Annie. She just finished it last week and I had to share how cute it turned out. We have lights for inside it too. :) I thought Matt could put it down in his office and admire it whenever he likes. 🏡




I topped the deviled eggs with bacon this year (like bacon & eggs 😉) That was a hit!


Gf low sugar berry pie I made for my bro's diet restrictions (he shared with all though) and he said it was amazing - he took the little bit that was left home with him. It's such a tasty pie for being as healthy as it is. You can find the recipe when I posted it before here.



I know have shared the front of our church often, but I think these stained glass windows in the back up above the loft are so pretty too. 




My handsome fella all spiffed up for church 💕




For dessert I also made a big fruit pizza "egg" cookie. 





I gave Aaron, Jill, and Annie their Easter baskets. But I also had these cute little bunnies that one went to my Mom and one to my SIL, along with leftover sugared pecans from the Easter salad I had made. 





I always love making this strawberry spinach salad (w/ the homemade sugared pecans) in my big hummingbird bowl. It's so bright and pretty for Spring! I serve it with poppyseed dressing and raspberry walnut vinaigrette so folks can take their pick. 





Matt lives for anything peanut butter, and he loves to experiment. So he made this peanut butter "crack" dessert with ritz crackers, peanut butter, chocolate, a toffee sauce made from brown sugar & butter and some butterscotch chip and peanut butter chip drizzle on top. It was SO good but you could only eat a little piece. Lol 












PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere.  Thankful prayers for Matt's Mom's healing to be going so well now. And hoping Matt's Dad's heart tests come back with good news. 🙏🏻



















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Blessed every time you visit Friends! Have a great week ahead.
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

14 comments:

  1. Um, can I come to your house for Easter next year? YUM. Glad to read that Matt's mom's healing is going well. Hope the good health news continues for all. Love the Lego house idea, so fun. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sure Jean - come on over anytime! Thank you for the well wishes. Blessings on your week 💗

      Delete
  2. You always seem to have the best of times! You are a sunshine for everyone around you. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lucie! You are such a Sweetie and always so kind. Blessings to you 💗

      Delete
  3. You had a perfect day yesterday. Glad you got to just relax after dinner and enjoy time with those you love. Your dinner sounds so good too!
    Matt looks debonair in that suit. :)
    The church windows are beautiful. It's getting harder to find them. We have a new building and no stained glass...
    That phone hack idea is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! We really did have a lovely day for our EAster. I only messed up not getting pics when family was here! Next time. Lol I love stained glass - I think your church needs to add some touches. 😉 Blessings 💗

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, everything looks so lovely! The food looks AMAZING!! So glad y'all had a wonderful Easter together. I love that little A framed house! That is precious!! Annie did a good job on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! I think the A frame turned out so cute too. :) Thank goodness Annie likes putting things together. Lol Blessings 💗

      Delete
  5. Love catching up with you, Carrie and seeing and hearing about your happy Easter celebration with all the wonderful food and fun games. You always have the best dinners! So glad that you had all your loved ones with you and even the weather cooperated. The little A-frame is darling and what a sweet gift. How patient is Annie for putting it all together, too? Can't believe Annie is graduating already. Can't wait to see photos of her prom. Sending hugs and special prayers for Matt's Mom and Dad. xo K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! I can't believe Annie is graduating already too. It's all going so fast! And I know that's something you know all too well too. Just treasuring every second. Thanks so much for the prayers - very appreciated! 💗

      Delete
  6. Hi Carrie, it looks like you had a beautiful Easter with delicious food and off to church. I love the Lego A frame - we received one for Christmas which is a little Japanese house and garden. So far, half made but looking good. Your strawberry spinach salad looks amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww thanks Trish! It was a wonderful day with the ones I love most. You'll have to share pics of your legos when it's done. Lol I think they're such a fun and whimsical way to decorate.💗

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a full Easter with family, that is wonderful, lot's of yummy stuff to eat also. Your table was gorgeous! My hubby still enjoys putting together lego's, I have only done one I bought the advent wreath they have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH YUM! Matt's peanut butter inspired crack looks and sounds so decadently yummy! And be still my heart, your salad is PERFECT! Your Easter looks like it was a blast!

    Sorry I'm running so late these days! I have to try that life hack also!

    ReplyDelete