Tuesday, July 23, 2024

A Little Autumn Indulgence

 



Hello my Lovelies! 

How are you this fine Tuesday? 

It's a beautiful day here - in the 60's - breezy and a little cooler. I met with our wedding photographer today to go over the plans. She is such a sweetheart and I know she's going to do an amazing job! And since our wedding is in early Fall...and it's a cooler day, I started indulging a little in dreaming on the Autumn ahead. 


Don't get me wrong, I'm still soaking up summer like crazy! Matt and I are planning our next golf outing. And what we want to grab for groceries to throw on the grill. And right now it's a regular lily-palooza around our deck and it's so pretty. 







But once I start down the rabbit hole of Fall it's difficult to stop. So I thought I'd take just a small moment to dream on chillier days of sipping hot tea out on the deck, instead of iced. Needing a big soft sweater to stay warm. When you want to sit by the fire out there because you're cold...not just to make s'mores. 😋 When the geese start flying overhead and that cozy starts down in your toes and works its way into your soul. When we'll take Ruby for walks along roads filled with crunchy leaves underfoot. And I'll see kiddos getting off the bus after their first days at school with their new backpacks slung over their shoulders. When nostalgia fills your mind with past memories of your own first days at school with your favorite brand new outfit and your pencil case all filled with a cool new highlighter and colorful markers. When you'd be talking with your besties about your plan for what you'll dress up as for Halloween. 

So thank you for giving me just the tiniest of moments to sink into the coziest of daydreams about what is to come. Because this year will be extra special as I will be a brand new bride as well. So much to look forward to and dream on! And to top it off I'll share a few pics from my archives and Autumns of the past around here:





my friend made these cookies - isn't she amazing??









can you smell the apple crisp ahead??







Thank you for humoring me in a Fall minute... I'll return you now to your regularly scheduled summer sunshine. ☀️
Blessings. xoxo




7 comments:

  1. Carrie, Carrie, Carrie... I know there's a wedding coming, but we can't be dreaming of Fall yet! I'm soaking in every minute of summer.
    However, I don't blame you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I knew this response was coming Mari. 😉 I promise I'm still soaking up summer too. Just a moment to dream - as you know in me so well. 💗

      Delete
  2. Ok, you've made me dream of Fall now too. I love that first cool day, when you open the door and you can feel the change of season right then. Your flowers are amazing and that photo of the two of you is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry if I'm sending Fall dreaming too early Debbie! But it sounds like you understand what I mean about the love for it. That first cool crisp day will be here before we know it! 💗

      Delete
  3. You and I have been sharing the same thoughts! It's been so hot and dry here that the leaves are crisping up and falling off the trees. It reminded me of fall. I'm looking forward to it myself! You will have an exciting Fall season! Your wedding day will be here before you know it! I love the cookies your friend made...they are exquisite! Your flowers are gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear it Mandy! A little bit of dreaming doesn't hurt, right? As long as we're still living in the moment. thanks about my Friend - she is so amazing! She's doing cookies for our wedding favors with a monogram of W for my new last name 😊💗

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are gorgeous and looks like you have quite a bit. We were married in the fall too, we love that time of year so it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete