Monday, July 22, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday Friends ☀️

I hope you're still enjoying glorious summer days and loads of fun! Did you have a nice weekend? 

We had a lovely one here. We went out to lunch with my cousin and his wife Saturday to talk wedding talk - as he is the one marrying us. He's licensed to marry people and has done many weddings - including other relatives of ours. I loved that my cousin & his wife got to know Matt better and wanted to know more about our story. They are both very spiritual Christians and on the side of their full time jobs run a program called Sleep in Heavenly Peace - that provides beds for children that don't have them. I was astounded by the statistics of how many children sleep on the floor due to poverty or other reasons. They live their faith in their day jobs too. Love them so much and I know our ceremony is in great hands with them! We also ran errands Saturday, did some yard work, and then went to mass and out for dinner. 

Then yesterday we went to a cute town called Bayfield where my Dad & step Mom stay in a condo for several weeks each summer and had invited us to come for the weekend, but we already had the meeting set with my cousin for Saturday back at home. So we just went for the day on Sunday. I hadn't been there in so long and it's the prettiest little marina town on lake Superior. It was fun showing Matt around. We visited, ran to cute shops (donated to the economy a bit - Lol), ate great food, played cards at their condo and just had a wonderful picture perfect 73* sunny day to walk around the adorable town. 


Now it's back to real life and the week ahead....


 



















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:



























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

sugar free iced coffee with a little protein creamer (fasted)



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Run errands, groceries, meet wedding photographer, new furniture delivery this week, meet up with my Mom, hospice work




















THINKING ABOUT:  

My sweet Annie-boo. She had her orientation for college in FL recently. I let her dad take that shift. And then he dropped her off at her bf's home with him and his family to spend time with him down there for a few weeks. I wish life were different and we didn't have to divide who takes her to big life moments...but hearing my sweet girlie say she wished it were different and she loves and misses me makes it all okay. Getting so excited for her new chapter right around the corner! She'll come home for a bit after her visit down there. And then later in August will head to college!! 🙈


this is a pic her bf's Mom sent me of them - so cute! 





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's been getting cloudier and rain is on the way. Feeling cozy with peaceful music playing and have my Celtic candle going. 



















CURRENTLY READING

Nora Roberts trilogy starting with Awakening




















ON THE TV TODAY:

AGT, House of Dragons, Grantchester, Bachelorette, HGTV shows, Big Brother



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY -  broccoli & cheddar stuffed chicken, garden salad



TUESDAY - Italian chicken sausages stuffed with sun dried tomato, basil and mozzarella. Will cook on the grill along with Italian veggie packets that will get a balsamic drizzle when they're done



WEDNESDAY - protein packed chicken crust pizza with lite caesar salad on top, fresh fruit




THURSDAY - might be dinner out with my Mom & step Dad




FRIDAY -  breakfast for dinner: veggie cheesy eggs with bacon sourdough melts, fresh fruit


















  



TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

walk, play pickleball, maybe get out golfing


















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

It can make your meal planning easier if you use some items from a meal the night before to add to your meal the next day. Like making slow cooker pork fajitas one night and using the leftover meat to make pork oven nachos - or Mexican pork fajita bowls - the next night. Or like this week....I'll save some of the grilled veggies from Wednesday to put in the cheesy veggie egg melt sandwiches for Friday.




















FROM THE CAMERA:












Here are some of the photos of their condo on the golf course, the cute town and marina, and the shops we visited. I had quite a few more pics but my computer is acting up and they won't load, but you get the idea of the charm. :) 















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere.  🙏🏻





















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I hope you have a blessed week Friends! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds so wonderful and I enjoyed every photo.
    I don't think I knew Annie was going to FL for college. Good for her, but oh so hard for Mom!
    Love that ministry your cousin is part of. I have to admit that I never knew that was a big issue. Sometimes we live in our protected little bubbles and don't know what others are going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I know - my girl is going so far!!! But she's over the cold of the north, her bf lives down there, plus she got into a special marketing program offered only for freshmen at USF. She'll be in the Tampa area. Excited for her! And I agree - that my cousin and his wife's ministry is so special. Anything helping kiddos always has my heart. 💗

      Delete
  2. What a charming little town! Sounds like a fun weekend :) And sending your baby off to college in FL? That would be hard. Uggg...these kids :) What they do to their parents (hahaha). I bet she's so excited though! Thanks for sharing your weekend with us! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie! It's such a small town (like 600 people) but in the summer and Fall it is far more than that. They do an apple festival in the FAll that's so cool and brings in a ton of people. Agreed about these kids and what they do to our hearts! But I know I did my job right when they want to go spread their wings. At least that's what I tell myself. Lol Blessings. xo

      Delete
  3. What a cute town. I am glad you have meal planning ideas. I am constantly challenged by the supper hours choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it was exciting talking about the upcoming wedding, so nice that your cousin can marry you. Sounds like you had fun doing a bit of shopping too. I know it is hard not being able to be there for your daughters every big moment but I am sure her dad appreciates having time with her too. I am so late getting to my blogs that it is almost time for another weekend.

    ReplyDelete