Monday, July 15, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday Friends ☀️

I hope you're having a great start to the week already. The weekend flew by and I can't believe how fast summer is going already. It was a wonderful weekend in that we got time up at the lake again. Matt's Mom has helped put on a show (along with a local arts council there) for 8 years now. And this was the last one for this particular show. Her former student leads a band (Josh Duffee and his Big Band) and they're absolutely amazing!! This was my 3rd year getting to see them and they were incredible as always.  He is such a cool guy and we got extra time to hang out and visit with him as he also did a little clinic sharing his memorabilia of famous drummers from the era, particularly Louis Bellson. He was personally a friend of Louis Bellson and was even gifted drums of his that Josh played at the concert. We got to check everything out, ask Josh question, and Matt even got up behind the drum kit! :) 

We also had a wonderful time at the lake swimming, pontooning, going out in Matt's fishing boat, playing cards and we had a big fish fry with more of the fish Matt & his Dad caught in Canada. Just one of those perfect summer weekends and I tried to soak up every minute! 💗


 



















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:







































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

sugar free iced coffee with a little protein creamer (fasted)



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

Run errands & groceries, running errands with Annie too, meeting with our wedding officiant (my cousin) to discuss things, other wedding things, help out my Mom, appointments, hospice work




















THINKING ABOUT:  

 I was saddened to hear about former president Trump. Even if our politics don't always agree, violence is never the answer!! I'm grateful that he was ok and my prayers go out to the victims and their familes. It's absolutely tragic and awful how divided we have become as a nation. And that guns and mental illness are still such an issue! I am a daughter of the King and I always put my faith in Him above anything. But there is so much that I think needs fixing in this country and number one is that we need to start being united as a people again. We need to listen to and be kind to one another and work together to make this world a better place.  It all breaks my heart how far we are from that in so many ways 😢

I don't share much of this stuff here as this blog is for me to share my life, recipes, memories, family etc. And I don't consider myself a political person - but I'm a spiritual one who values all life and who has always loved my country and would really like to stop being disappointed in it. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. 🙏🏻





















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's nice and sunny out and I just put another load of laundry in - catching up from the weekend. I can hear it thumping and the hum of the a/c going. Listening to Celtic music and it feels like a nice peaceful start to the week.  



















CURRENTLY READING

Nora Roberts trilogy starting with Awakening




















ON THE TV TODAY:

AGT, House of Dragons, Grantchester, Bachelorette, HGTV shows, movies taped, Matt & I started watching Your Honor



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY -  blueberry pancakes with fresh picked blueberries from my step Mom, eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, fruit



TUESDAY - 



WEDNESDAY - 




THURSDAY - 




FRIDAY -  



* not sure about the rest of the week yet - going to do a deep dive into the fridge and freezer tonight with Matt and clean things out a bit and figure out our plan for the week 
















  



TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

walks & fun workouts, read, craft


















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



this caught my eye so I had to look it up and when you go there number 7 is Justin Beiber. Lol No idea where that comes from but it gave me a giggle so I thought I'd share 




















FROM THE CAMERA:





We were able to go to both of Josh's shows and they were so great! 






Loved learning more of the history and Josh was such a font of knowledge! Pearl Bailey was married to Louis Bellson until her death in 1990, and Josh had this neat photo. It was a taboo of the time because she was black and Louis was white. Josh had so many amazing stories that Louis had shared with him about the different drummers (Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa) and other celebrities of the times. We told him he needs to write a book! 




The local area was having their "sweetheart days" with different events, so after one of the performances Matt & I caught a fun fireworks show to end the night. :) 














Lake life, relaxation, and amazing fish one night from Matt & his Dad's fishing trip in Canada (we had lots still frozen) - it was SO good! 









Back at home my little garden is blooming better late than never. It was a rough start from being gone on the big trip and web worms or something had been decimating it....but I've been diligent now and it's slowly coming back! 💚




 
A little video of Josh and the Big Band in action - this is Sing Sing Sing - which you might recognize. No matter what clip I share it would never do them justice to how they are in person, but thought you might enjoy. If you ever get to a chance to see them anywhere - do it! :) 
















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere.  🙏🏻





















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Wishing you peace and blessings always Friends. 
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

11 comments:

  1. It was so nice reading your post today! It looks like you had a lovely weekend, and your weather is perfect! Your pup looks so cute and happy on the boat! And Dragonflies are my favorite :) I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! I love dragonflies too. :) Such a sign of summer. Thanks for visiting and blessings to you. xo

      Delete
  2. What a fun weekend! I loved Matt behind the drums and also the clip of the band. I enjoy seeing all the fun you are having lately - life is good and you are blessed!
    I agree with your thoughts on our country. We don't have to agree on everything, but we can still be civil and patriotic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I thought Matt behind the drums was pretty cute too. Lol That band is so amazing - the video doesn't do them justice. :) I feel so blessed - now if we could just get this country of ours to get along and love not hate and talk and get some things accomplished - it would all be a blessing! 😉🙏🏻

      Delete
  3. I love all your pictures, sounds like you've been busy. I know wedding stuff can get overwhelming at times, so hope everything runs smoothly. :)

    I got your message on instagram and AM going to reply, just haven't had a chance, there's so many coming in as you can expect. It's why I tend to keep my mouth shut on politics lol But I completely agree with you. I am not a fan of certain people in politics but I would NEVER EVER be ok with an assassination attempt on any of them.

    We are broken as a country, and have a serious heart issue to deal with.
    Anyway, have a blessed week my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! Don't worry about responding. I have no doubt you're fielding a lot 🙈 It's so sad we've lost the ability to just have a conversation and find some middle ground to share TOGETHER. We could accomplish so much and make things better if we would stop trying to be right instead of trying to listen. It hurts my heart too. I just pray A LOT. Lol
      Blessings dear Friend. xo

      Delete
  4. LOL I just had to try that LifeHack and am LMBO off at it. Sounds like such a fun great weekend and I LOVE all the photos. I'm also loving Ruby's "highlights". Your devotional is PERFECT for these trying times!!!! Have a WONDERFUL rest of the week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! I thought that justin beiber thing was so funny too 😁 Blessings to you always. xo

      Delete
  5. Nice visiting and reading about the drummers. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lu! I hope you're having a wonderful week too! xo

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear you enjoyed a wonderful weekend. Your garden is really looking good, we are starting to get goodies from ours too :). I haven't had a chance since our yard, crawl space and garage flooded to even go out there and see how it did during all the rain. That is why once again i am behind on my blogging, I just can't seem to catch up.

    ReplyDelete