Monday, April 7, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy new week to you my Friends! 😘

I hope April has been coming in beautifully for you. Filled with sunshine and the promise of lovely Spring. 

We had a little bit of snow recently, but much of it has already melted again (thankfully). The bay is opening up more and more and the robins are in abundance and we even had a bear in our garbage already! 🙈 All true signs of Spring slowly showing up in the northwoods. 

We had a nice weekend. The C's have been busy with out-of-town volleyball. So it was cozy Matt & I time. We went to church on Saturday. Went out for dinner. Went to our local home and garden show yesterday. So fun to dream on the things we plan to do in the future here at home and up at our lake property.😍  We also ran errands. Worked on home things. Overall a very relaxing wonderful weekend. 


Due to some busy things we have going on over the next week or so, though, I will be taking a little break from blogging. But I'll be back before Easter time. 
💗💗💗










THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


iced coffee with protein splash and sf coconut creamer, a brownie Built puff protein bar (they are SO good!!)













ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

run errands including to Matt's house to do some things (he sold his old house here in town & it closes soon), home projects, hospice work - a lot of the usuals.
















THINKING ABOUT:  


How proud I am of my Annie girlie. She was asked to play in an all star tourney in Nashville over the weekend. Her dad and Aaron & Jill went down to watch her. Matt & I got to watch online on our tv and cheer her on! Girls from all over the south were asked to come play and form a "team" together. So there was a north team and south team. Annie played for the south. (In case you don't remember she goes to the university of south florida). It was for fun and recognition for being top in their division. She competed in some skills competitions too. Even though her "team" didn't win it looked like it was so fun and she did great! I had to wear my USF jersey she got me at Christmas (says her last name on the back) to cheer her on!! Pretty cool 😎





 














AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

The sun is streaming in. I'm listening to some Christian music and the furry babies are napping. It's a nice peaceful start to the week. 















CURRENTLY READING

My friend Debbie's' books. I haven't dove into the new novel I'm planning to read just yet.













ON THE TV TODAY:

 The Rookie , Jeopardy, Shark Tank, Survivor, TWD catch up, Grey's Anatomy, Ghosts, some movies taped. There are some new series I want to start though sometime soon (the Pitt, Severance, maybe The Last of Us)
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - leftovers or an unwhich from Jimmy John's (no bun)



TUESDAY -  



WEDNESDAY -



THURSDAY -  




FRIDAY - 


*not sure about menu this week yet - need to do groceries and I we have fun planning it together :) 

















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, craft


















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:











 












FROM THE CAMERA:

My dear friend Debbie of the blog Millies Cozy Cottage Life (you can find her here) sent me some of her books as a thank you for winning my blogaversary giveaway. I've been enjoying them so much. She's such an amazing writer, Mom, Wife, & Grandmother and....and has a beautiful faith and spirituality. Go check out her blog and you'll see what I mean. 🙏🏻


The best part of going out for Mexican food is the fresh tortilla chips and salsa, right? 😋





Some moments from around home. I finally put a pic in the little sunflower frame we got as a wedding gift and I put it on our new chest of drawers. I LOVE this one of my kiddos from our wedding. 



And I recently got this new little statue and lantern for Spring. They can go outdoors, but I put them on our piano for now.  I love that she has a leaf dress and is reading. I'm not sure what I'll do with them permanently yet - but I do think they'd be so pretty outside by pots of flowers once it's warm enough here to plant them. Hmmm - what do you think? Inside or outside?




And we picked up this pretty spinner at the home show this weekend. When the breeze spins it - it looks like the hummingbird's wings are flapping. The jewels catch the sun and put rainbows and sparkles in our tv room and Bubba LOVES that! Lol He chases them all over the place. 





Speaking of the furry babies....(Ruby just went to the doggy salon this weekend and got all pretty)












PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace.  For a bestie of mine who has a parent in hospice. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻
















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Blessings to you and I hope you have an amazing week ahead! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


15 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love wandering through those Home and Garden shows and dreaming...
    Hooray for Annie! And I have to tell you, you look so pretty in that pic, even wearing a jersey!
    Cute pic of the kids and once again I have to say how gorgeous that wedding pic is of you and Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see you happy and dreaming of future things! Chips and Salsa (or chips and cheese dip) are my weakness! Have an amazing week dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all the little glimpses around your home! The statue of the reading woman in the leaf dress is just lovely! I love the lantern too. It always makes me happy to have something that lights up with a pretty pattern when the surroundings are getting dark.

    That is so awesome about Annie! Woot! Congrats to her :)

    Your Built Bar made me go on a search for a protein bar I can have that works with my diabetes! I found a couple too! I'm always low on protein and having a little treat that works with my eating is a good thing!

    Have a blessed week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good job to Annie, how amazing is that? You're looking fantastic Carrie, love your pic. Have a blessed week my friend, and good luck on Matt's house selling ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your time away will be some fun stuff and not all work :)
    So nice you were able to see Annie online.
    We really like the Last of us show and can't wait for the new season to start.
    Scammers are just terrible, that is good you brought that to our attention.
    We went out this weekend for Mexican, and yes I did have to have a few chips :)
    Your picture display with the kids and the cross is so pretty.
    I do love the statue with the light you have there, I would have to keep it inside myself :)
    Oh that spinner is a great idea I have something like that I usually put out front, I am going to see if hubby can figure out how to put it out back where the sun will hit it in the morning when our kitty is most active :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning lovely lady. Your spring decorations are always so lovely.

    WOW what a blessing for and fun for Annie to be invited to the tourney and for you all to be able to watch or be there.

    Your inspiration is REALLY speaking to me! I like the statue just where you have her, but she's so pretty and dainty, I'd be afraid to put her outside. Ruby looks adorable and I LOVE that Bubba chases the spinner shadows - how fun to watch.

    Have a blessed week my friend and prayers that spring sticks around this time,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe! All of your new pretties are just beautiful! I love the spinner! And the framed pic of your kids is beautiful! And Ruby looks especially clean and pretty! You know I'm crazy about your kitty Bubba, too. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had fun reading about your weekend and looking at those beautiful decore items. I LOVE that statue with the reading. Put it where you can see it often, be it outside or inside. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie, I'm so glad you're enjoying the books! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Annie! You must be so proud. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww I love the pictures of your pets! Ruby looks so perfect after the groomer! I need to take my dogs in now that the weather is getting warmer. I should also schedule a professional carpet cleaning with how much they have been shedding lately haha. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A busy week, as always, Carrie. I don't know how you do it! Congrats to Annie! Such an honor to be chosen and so fun for you to watch right at home! You're such a cutie-pie in your jersey, too:) Looks like your weather is warming up a bit. Although, bears in the garbage are no fun - yikes! I like your sunflower frame, spinner and figurine. I would put her outside on the deck for the summer but bring her in for the winter. Your fur-babies are so cute, and they must be looking forward to the warmer weather, too. Good tip on the scammer. Hope you have a good blog break! Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are enjoying your time away from the blog and that spring found you! Hooray for Annie! That's so neat. Loved all your pictures and that perfect spring quote at the end of your post.

    ReplyDelete