Happy Wednesday Friends! And welcome to this month of sunshine, flowers and all the promise of summer to come. I hope you're already sipping some lemonade or sweet tea and easing into the lazy days mindset.
In getting ready for summer's goodness Ruby got her haircut and looked so cute with her little bumblebees. But going to the salon takes a lot out of a girl...so a nap immediately followed. Pretty adorable isn't she?
And speaking of adorable and summer...I need to get the rest of my flower pots planted so I can use this new sleepy fairy and gate I found when out treasure hunting. Any excuse to dig in the dirt some more works for me. It's definitely a favorite past time!
But on to the main reason I'm posting today and that is to share this sweet album I just finished for my Bestie Mrs. C. She became a grandma for the first time recently with her granddaughter, Thea. So I wanted to make a little something special for her with such a big milestone.
She loves paper ephemera kinds of things too and so I thought how about going old school and making her a scrapbooked brag book. I know everything is on our phone nowadays. But I thought how lovely it might be to have a small decorated album that can be a keepsake too. It's something where she can easily slide new photos in and out of the page's protective sleeves as Thea grows and changes. And then once she has favorites she can stick those baby photos in to keep and it will be a keepsake.
This is the cover and the spine with sweet little gold flowers on them:

























Oh Carrie! She is going to love it! It's beautiful and so well done, but on top of that is the time and love that went into it. Good job!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet and thoughtful gift you have made. I Iove scrapbooks. Thea is a really cute name. Many blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteSweet Carrie....this is such the perfect gift and it comes straight from the heart. It is really very pretty and I know this is a gift that will be appreciated for a very long time... love it!!
ReplyDeleteoh that is so darling, she is going to be thrilled with this gem, so sweet of you to make that for her. I am sure she has a lot of pictures already she will want to add to it Lovely papers and cute animal ephemera!
ReplyDeleteThat sunshine is so cheery, and Ruby looks adorable. But, wow! The album is gorgeous! Mrs. C will love it, I'm sure. Something to treasure. Xx
ReplyDelete