Wednesday, June 18, 2025

Wednesday Wonder: Favorite Window Moment

 



The older I get, the more I realize how the little things in life bring me so much joy. The obvious ones - like a sunset, smelling lilacs, sweet words from my Hubby, chats with my Mom or my Besties, playing games with my kids, hearing loons on the lake etc. 

But even the sweet little items I'm surrounded by in my home bring me joy. And these little Home Sweet Home vases are one of them. I love changing out the flowers or greenery in them each week. I just go out around my garden areas and see what's blooming and looks like it would be pretty to put in there. I use flowers, leaves, herbs - whatever fits the bill that week. This week I have bleeding hearts (while they're still blooming) and this pretty geranium out of one of my pots. 

I put it in the kitchen windowsill and smile at it every time I cook in there or do dishes...or even just wash my hands! :) 




Look at the colors in that geranium. Isn't it beautiful? God is the most amazing artist!! 






It sits right in front of my sinks next to another another simple joy (well guilty pleasure really). Which is to have some pretty seasonal soaps around. I love how the bottles are pretty and the fragrance is heavenly! 



How about you? What kinds of simple things bring you joy? 
💗💗💗








7 comments:

  1. I love your little vases! I like that it's right there in front of you and a frequent reminder of the beauty of simple things.
    I'm loving some of the patriotic decor I have in my house right now. I always enjoy this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking a lot about simple joys this week. Delighting in the ordinary.
    Your vases are gorgeous, and those flowers are so pretty. Are they scented?
    I'm another fan of nice soaps. We are constantly washing our hands, so we might as well use something luxurious.
    Have a lovely week, Carrie. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love flowers, and rearranging the decor. In fact, it is difficult for me to clear away my pretty things to achieve the clean look required to sell a house in our city. My friend is coming here for 'stitch and cake' day so I'm off to gather some blooms. :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple joys are the best and especially if they are unexpected.. Your little vases are so cute and the little geranium flowers are the sweetest.I don't think I've ever taken the time to actually stop and look at the centers of a geranium bloom.. thank you for pointing out the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the reminder to focus on the simple joys. Your vases are so pretty as are the flowers. Oh, and I have the same simple guilty pleasure with the soaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.comJune 22, 2025 at 8:55 AM

    I love your vases. I have a geranium like that and they are really pretty! Your bleeding heart are so romantic. I have tried to grow some of these and they didn't make it. Lovely way to enjoy clippings from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is pretty containers for your pretty flowers, I agree that God does give us some beautiful flowers to enjoy! I have a wild flower garden going and hope that I get some flowers to put in there, so far I only have buds. I have to say looking around my home and seeing things that people have made me or bought me gives me much pleasure, especially things my parents made me and my hubby :)

    ReplyDelete