Monday, June 30, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday

 




Happy Monday dear Friends 💛

I hope you're having an amazing start to your week! Can you believe it's almost July?? This summer is positively whizzing by! 

I hope you had a great weekend. We had a fun and relaxing one here. Well, it was a little productive too. 

On Friday we went out for dinner. Saturday we did church later in the day and had pizza from our favorite place and watched a movie. But earlier Saturday, we shampooed all the rest of the carpets  in the house. That was such a wonderful job to get done!! 

Then Sunday was one of those perfect just peaceful days. We went up the north shore for brunch and then got in a little hike and went to a pink beach. Yep, pink. You can see the pics and read all about it in the pics below. Then we came home just in time for it to thunderstorm and we put our feet up with the window cracked open and I read and Matt napped and it was so relaxing! It just felt like one of those long wonderful no major agenda weekends. 😍












THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




*Looks like storms for some of the July 4th weekend (boo!)
















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

iced coffee, a bagel thin with some natural pb and strawberry jam














ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

meeting a relative for lunch, errands and groceries for holiday weekend ahead, home projects, yard work, hospice work















THINKING ABOUT:  

how it's gone from bright and sunny this morning to cloudy and looks like some storms are going to pass through this afternoon.... it feels cozy as I hear the a/c hum and I can smell the roast I have in the slow cooker




 










THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

thunderstorms when they don't have scary winds or hail,  and the inside feels cozy and peaceful 















CURRENTLY READING

The next book in the Dream Harbor series by Laurie Gilmore














ON THE TV TODAY:

 Americas Got Talent, Jeopardy, TWD catch up, The Last of Us, Just Like That, Stick, I've started watching The Gilded Age, Matt's never seen The Office (I loved that series) so we've started that together
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - roast in the slow cooker with lots of seasoning & a little better than beef bullion stock in the bottom. I'll shred it up and we'll have it on thin buns with sf BBQ sauce, pickles and broccoli slaw on top. Also a tossed salad on the side, berries and grapes



TUESDAY - leftover shredded beef maybe over baked potato - again with broccoli slaw topping etc, watermelon



WEDNESDAY - shredded cabbage "pasta" with protein alfredo sauce and grilled Italian marinated chicken breasts, melon



THURSDAY -  leftovers to clean out fridge




FRIDAY -  July 4th: grilled burgers, chips, veggie pasta salad, melon, maybe corn on the cob?, crab dip with crackers and raw veggies, and I'm making this summer berry poke cake for dessert

*I made a delish strawberry rhubarb sauce last week with rhubarb from my yard and I'll share the recipe this week. I will share the cabbage "pasta" recipe soon too. 

















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

work on wedding scrapbook (hope to finish it finally), read, pontoon ride/swim















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:


















FROM THE CAMERA:

Here are some pics from our trip up the north shore and our visit to Iona's pink beach. And here is some info about the beach from an article written at northernwilds.com that tells about Iona Lind and how her family had a resort on that beach....

















And here's some pics of life on our humble little bay lately:







my hydrangeas are starting to come in - yay!







Also sweet critter home life - our sleepy babies endlessly napping. And a momma robin built her nest right next to our door :) 












PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For the firefighters and first responders and their families affected by the shooting in Idaho. For PEACE in our world!! 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻













PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



I hope you have a wonderfully blessed week ahead my Lovelies. 

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

11 comments:

  1. It sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend! The pink beach is so cool, and it looks like you had it to yourself. Could you hear the rocks like they talked about in the write up?
    Yes - Matt needs to see The Office! He'll love it!
    Thanks for the salad bag tip, that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Yes! We could hear the rocks kind of make a tinkling sound as they fell on each other as we'd walk. Especially sections of bigger rocks. Matt is loving the Office so far. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Carrie. It sounds like you had a lovely and productive weekend! Which book are you reading from the Dream Harbor series? I'm in search of a fun summer read, but nothing sad. I cannot believe Matt has never watched The Office! It is my absolute favorite show! I continue to watch the reruns over and over again - it never gets old! He will love it! Have a wonderful week, dear friend. Happy almost Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! I started the series part way through (not on purpose, didn't pay attention that it was a series). So in the Dream Harbor series I had started with The Strawberry Patch Pancake House. But now that I know it's a series I then went back to the beginning and just read The Pumpkin Spice Cafe. So now I plan to dive into The Cinnamon Bun Book Store. :) It's a very fun light series that reads quickly in this charming little town. Matt is loving the Office so far- yay! Wishing you a wonderful July 4th as well!

      Delete
    2. Hi Carrie! Thank you for the response. I love the sound of the Cinnamon Bun Bookstore - so cozy and charming! All the books in the series sound lovely. I love that the series is fun and light! I'm going to check them out. Thanks for the recommendation! Yay! I'm happy to hear that Matt is enjoying watching The Office! 😊 Have a great holiday week, dear friend!

      Delete
  3. Your weekend sounds like it was a very good one. such a pretty beach you went to and sounds like your timing was perfect getting back right when it started to rain, so nice to take a nap while listening to the rain falling down. I only watched a few of the Office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink beach. How fun to rewatch The Office with someone who's never had the pleasure to see it. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the "Puffy" salad bag tip!I will watch for that. I hope you are able to get the wedding scrapbook doe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the puffy bag salad trick! I can't believe it is already the 4th! Great pictures you captured. Have a nice holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pink beach is amazing, I have never seen anything like it. Wow! I'm with you on the thunderstorms, I love rain but I really hate the winds. Hope you have a fantastic week my friend, and thank you for sharing the pictures of your weekend, looked like such a wonderful time xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. You live in the most beautiful place! A little rain around the Fourth of July is good but not ON the Fourth of July, hope it holds off until the 5th for you. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete