Wednesday, October 8, 2025

An Update and God's Goodness

 


Hello Friends

I thought I'd share a quick update on things here. Bubba has only eaten a little. And isn't really drinking. He got fluids from the vet Monday, but he's going back in today to try to figure out what is causing his issues. He's still acting like himself overall and he's a young cat and his labs were good last time - so it's just down to some detective work. 


I went for an appointment to have something removed on my face and they're pretty sure it's basal cell cancer. Which would be good as there would be no further follow-up. I will know for sure by next week though. So here is your PSA for getting your skin checked! I have had 3 things removed through the years - but this is the first time there's been a cancer sighting. I will continue my yearly check-ups and that's why I urge you to as well.  Continuing to pray for Aaron and will see what answers his future appointment brings too. 😊🙏🏻



A couple nights ago I was sitting out on the rocker on the deck admiring the beauty in the sky. How beautiful the clouds are and their patterns. I was sipping some hot apple cider with cinnamon and clove. I could smell the cold in the air (it was about 50* out). Ducks were quacking as they flew over the bay. It felt so Fall and peaceful. And I had so many things racing through my head. What would my skin appointment show the next day? What's going on with Bubba? Will my son be okay?





And I watched the sky deepen. And I watched the sunset come and make the clouds and bay all golden and pink. And God kept saying to my heart - no matter what I've got you. You are in the hands of the One who created all of this. I take care of every little detail...do You even doubt that I've got you too? And I felt such peace in the thoughts of that eternal security. 

Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.  Isaiah 49:16

For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you". Isaiah 41:13

- for he holds our lives in his hands. Psalm 66:9

There are so many passages telling us not to fear and how God's got us in His loving and merciful hands. And just look at the beauty He has created:






And Matt's Mom came back from her trip into our airport and we drove her up to the lake last night to drop her off. On the ride home the supermoon illuminated the way for Matt & I, and it was SO beautiful. We got to watch the sunset and then the moon rise. More of God's goodness. And Matt and I chatted about life and our plans. We sang and laughed. And I thanked God over and over in my head for it all. For this amazing partner by my side. For this gorgeous northwoods and the beauty and majesty of the sky. 

And no matter what challenges come up in this life. No matter what may need to be faced at any point. The top prayer on my lips and heart always is THANK YOU. 💗



8 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous skies and the moon was totally awesome last evening...All it takes is seeing the majesty of Lord in the night sky to know that HE is in control...HE knows where we are and all HE ask is that we Trust him. Makes me sad for Bubba...I hope they get this figured out and he will be back to himself SOON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the love, support and prayers Shug! Appreciate it so very much xo

      Delete
  2. I love this! I love how God has blessed you and you are so thankful!
    Beautiful skies and sunsets. And you are so right that God's in control and He has a plan!
    Praying for Aaron and for a good report on Bubba today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! God is the best Father and I do feel endlessly grateful and blessed. And for blogland family like you that are always so supportive and wonderful!! Thanks for the prayers too. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Yes indeed, Carrie "thank you" is always such an easy prayer. Those beautiful skies - oh my goodness...only God! I am so happy to hear about your skin biopsy - I too get checked every year especially with my very fair skin. Great reminder to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Carrie. You're really going thorigh it right now. Know that I am thinking of you and sending lots of love across the miles. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, what a beautiful post and yes, the Lord is so faithful, even in the scary times. I pray you'll find all the answers and that everyone will have peace as you let the Lord lead you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully said Carrie, praying you don't have to deal with anymore skin problems, that they can figure out what is going on with Bubba and that your son will get good news also!

    ReplyDelete