Hello lovely Friends of Blogland ๐
Happy Thursday! How are you this Friday Eve? I hope your answer is that you're wonderful and you have an amazing weekend ahead of you. We will get some time with Aaron and Jill and that makes my Momma heart so happy! :)
I just wanted to also say thank you for the all the love on Bubba's good news! It's so nice that I can cross one worry off the list. ๐๐ป๐
It's overcast right now and a chilly 42* here in the northwoods. Leaves litter the landscape and it looks like late Fall. It is supposed to warm up this weekend and be in the upper 50's. So that will be lovely and we will take advantage of it with some outdoor projects. Lately, however, I have been working on some indoor projects - including homespun Christmas gifts. I've also been doing more of my zen coloring app - it's just a relaxing thing I often do on my ipad while watching tv in the evenings. I've been coloring Halloween inspired pics lately - here are a couple from the other night. I love how the second one looks like felt fabric:
In this continued yummy soup season I thought I would share that the lasagna soup I made the other day in the slow cooker was so tasty! I share about it and the recipe in a prior post. But I'll share the recipe again here and this is a pic of the one I made. We added a little ricotta to the top of ours and some shredded parm cheese. Absolutely delish!
And I thought I would also share this recipe for homemade garlic cheddar bay biscuits that I made to go with the soup. Think the Red Lobster biscuits but I just made them from scratch with things I had at home. I found the recipe at thecozycook.com They turned out great and even a fluffier, less dense texture than the boxed kind. I followed the directions and in her post she shared easy ways to make quick homemade buttermilk. I followed the one using white vinegar and it turned out great! You can find the post about the biscuits and all instructions here. But I will also share the recipe below and a pic of the ones I made:
Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt, see notes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, about 4 oz.
- 1 cup cold buttermilk, see notes for substitution options
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled for 5 minutes
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry parsley
Instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Stir in the cheddar cheese and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk and melted butter together until small lumps form.
- Add the buttermilk to the large bowl with the flour and mix until a dough has formed and the ingredients are no longer dry. Do not overmix.
- Lightly grease a ¼ cup and scoop out the dough with it. Place on a light colored, lightly greased baking sheet, leaving slightly more than an inch between each. You should have 10 total.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- While the biscuits are baking, combine melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley. Brush the tops of the biscuits when they come out of the oven and serve immediately.






Yum Yum Yum to the soup and the biscuits. This makes me hungry. Gurl..you gotta have the perfect layers on the bed for those cozy cold nights. I'm about ready to put our heated blanket on the bed. Enjoyed your colorful leaves... Have a good one!!
ReplyDeleteIt really is cozy season - perfect for soup and these biscuits. I saved the soup recipe earlier, now I need to save the biscuit one.
ReplyDeleteI have soup made for supper tonight and if I have time, I'm making those biscuits! Thanks!
both of these sounds so good.
ReplyDeleteYour bed looks so cozy, I will be putting on my flannel sheets the next time I change the sheets :) Enjoy your weekend with the kids!
I've been waiting so long for the weekend!... Just like every week. :)))
ReplyDeleteYour patchwork quilt is so beautiful! And the cookies look so good!...
Oh, my! Both recipes look and sound amazing. Perfect for these cooler days. Xx
ReplyDeleteI haven't made lasagna soup in years! Yours looks so good especially with the ricotta and parmesan on top!
ReplyDeleteYour bed looks so cozy! I love anything from L.L.Bean.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Oh wow - thanks Laura! So wonderful to hear from you. :) I know you've got to be one busy bee with all those beautiful boys of yours. But sure miss you in the blogging world. ๐ I pray all is well with you and your beautiful family. Sending you big hugs and love! ๐๐ป๐
DeleteThose biscuits are my favorite! And I've already made the soup and it was so good. Have a cozy week! I love your weather :)
ReplyDelete