Wednesday, October 1, 2025

Wednesday Wonder: October Five Senses

 



Hello lovely Friends ~ 

It's October - yay!! ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ๐Ÿงก



I couldn't agree more! This is the best month of all in my opinion. Cozy season truly begins. It starts getting so colorful outside. It's a time of year we usually go exploring and hiking pretty places the most. It's chillier, but not too cold. Not to mention it's birthday month for my Hubby and me! I'm so ready for all of the cozy ahead. ๐Ÿ˜



So today I thought I'd indulge in a 5 senses post to share all the Autumn goodness around me at this moment. 



 SEE:

When I look out my windows now I see more color everyday. I love how many of the lower shrubbery below the trees, and lower parts by the bay, turn a crimson color. And then there is all the golden goodness on the trees above. We have a lot of birch trees in our backyard and others that turn a pretty yellow. When the wind blows through them they shimmer in the prettiest way. Until they can't hold on any longer and slowly drift to the ground. I never tire of this show that shares its splendor every year. 






I also see another little painting I just finished. I've been working on my shading more - which I have found difficult with watercolor. I have an Aunt coming to visit soon and I'm going to give this one to her ...along with a few Fall goodies. :) 




I also see my Fall decorations around the house and it brings me such joy! It's my favorite time to decorate (with Christmas as a very close second)











FEEL:

I feel Ruby's soft fur, as she just went to the salon...er, groomer yesterday. ๐Ÿ˜‰ She's such a pretty girl. When she gets shaggier she feels so wooly - more like a sheep! Ha! But when she gets shaved down her fur is so soft underneath. She's an old girl now. Almost 14 years. ๐Ÿ™ˆ And she has quite a few old lady lumps and bumps I also feel when I pet her. She may be older but she still runs and plays like a puppy. She can't hear or see as well, but it hasn't slowed her down. Plus, she's my snuggler and I love it! 











HEAR:

As I was sitting and painting and then petting on Ruby I was listening to an Autumn playlist I created on Amazon music through our Alexa Echo. Here are some of the songs to give you an idea of the vibe. I love lots of oldies and lots of songs or music that makes me feel in a Fall mood:

* EVA CASSIDY:
- Fields of gold
-Songbird

*ED SHEERAN:
-Autumn Leaves
-The Hills of Aberfeldy
-his Autumn variations album

*NAT KING COLE:
-Autumn Leaves
-Tis Autumn
-Love


*Music from the PRIDE & PREJUDICE SOUNDTRACK

*TAYLOR SWIFT:
- Cardigan
-Exile


*ELLA FITZGERALD & LOUIS ARMSTRONG:
-Autumn in New York


*FRANK SINATRA:
- Witchcraft
-I'll Be Seeing You


*Soundtrack to THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN

....Lots more but this gives you a good idea ๐Ÿงก








TASTE:

I just made myself a cup of creamy spicy chai tea. I love how it's sweet but also has that bite of spice to it with exotic cardamom & zippy cinnamon. I'm enjoying it in my Fall mug that is big and chunky and perfect for Autumn bevvies. ๐Ÿ˜‹ 
I'm enjoying it with a little healthier version pumpkin spice cookie. The cookie is soft and perfectly dip-able in my chai. 






To make the cookie simply blend a 15 oz can of pumpkin with a standard spice cake mix. Mix them until they are well blended. Add chocolate and butterscotch chips if you wish (I added just a little). And extra cinnamon or spices if you like. Then with a tablespoon scoop out cookies onto non-stick cookie sheets. Bake at 350* for 16-18 minutes. 

Or if you don't want to add chocolate chips once cookies are cooled you could dip them in a powdered sugar glaze of about 1&1/4 c. of powdered sugar blended with 3 tbsp of milk. Whisk well and can add some vanilla or cinnamon for flavor too. Then dunk the tops of the spiced cookies in the glaze and let set. They are made with no eggs or oil so less fat and so a few less calories. Store in an airtight container. They will be soft. 







SMELL:

And finally, what I'm smelling is this wonderful blend in the diffuser. I keep it in our tv room but it perfumes the whole main part of our home. I like that this diffuser is a pretty glass one (I found it on amazon) - and I can set it for anywhere from 1 to 6 hours and it changes colors as it works. This is a blend I found on pinterest as you can see from the "recipe" below. It truly does have a magical scent. It has a spicy sweet herbal-ness to it that makes me think of the woods in Autumn. It would be a really good Halloween scent and I think I used to have a witchy Halloween candle once that smelled a lot like it. 









Thank for sharing in these little Autumn moments with me Friends. Are you an October lover too? What's your favorite of your 5 senses during the Fall season? 


4 comments:

  1. I like all your 5 senses over there! I wish I was close and could enjoy them with you.
    I've been listening to a lot of that old music too - Louis Armstrong, Eva Cassidy, Ella Fitzgerald - all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fall is my favorite, we got married in October. I can't wait until the fall leaves start to pop here. Ruby is just the cutest with her hair cut. Cool Autumn play list. The cookies sound great but hubby can't have cake mixes anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork is beautiful! Have a wonderful fall weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Autumn is here! And besides the storm - and my broken fence panel! - everything is looking glorious. ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚
    Ruby looks gorgeous, and I can't believe she's 14. I imagine she feels incredibly soft, but I bet she also smells amazing.
    Enjoy all your autumn moments. Xx

    ReplyDelete