Howdy Blogland Pals!
I know that's quite a title for this post...but I'm packing in all kinds of Autumnal goodness because:
A) it's my last post for this week
B)this weekend it becomes November (gah! where has the time gone?๐)
C)so life will start to become more about the holidays, so I'm being Fallish while there is still time
Also, BOOO! It's almost Halloween! ๐ป๐๐
Ok, so first up - some Autumn Beauty. Matt and I went for a walk a few nights ago and there was still such Autumn gorgeousness (is that a word?) everywhere and I just reveled in every step that we took in it. And of course, you know me... I took a bazillion photos. Lol I also took a few more pics of Autumn around our home.
So pull up a comfy chair, grab a nice cozy beverage and I hope you enjoy diving into this Fall-filled post. I'm so grateful you are here. ๐๐งก
.png)


some of the neighborhood homes are so cute for the trick-or-treaters
๐๐๐
Next up I wanted to share this chicken recipe that I made recently that was inspired by something I saw on social media. I took some of those ideas and ran with it to make my own recipe. The dish I saw was stuffing and apple stuffed chicken breasts over carrots with a honey butter poured over all before baking. I didn't want something quite that sweet and I wanted something more saucy/gravy like as I know that's what Matt would like. So here is what I did:
I peeled and cut up 3 large carrots and chopped some onion and put into the bottom of a pan that I had poured a little apple cider in the bottom. I still had cider lying around and thought it would go well with the apples in this dish. I probably put about 1/4 c. of cider in the bottom. And I seasoned the carrots with some salt, pepper, & Italian seasonings.
I only have photos of 2 of the breasts, but I butterflied open 3 good sized chicken breasts, and seasoned them all over with salt and pepper. I made a box of easy stuffing and I filled the breasts with some of that mixture (about a 1/4 c. or so) and some peeled and chopped apple (about 1/2 a large apple). I used a cosmic crisp.
I squished the mixture into the chicken while folding the breast in half. I placed each of the stuffed folded breasts on top of the bed of carrots. And I put the rest of the stuffing and apple I had leftover all over the top of the chicken too.
Then in a separate bowl I took a can of cream of chicken soup and I added 1-2 tbsp of honey(knew it would play nice with the apples), some seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and some Italian seasoning. Measure the spices with your heart - I like things flavorful. I blended the soup mixture up really well. I dotted the tops of the chicken with some pieces of butter. And then I poured the soup/gravy mixture all over the tops of the chicken. I placed them in a preheated 350* oven and baked them for about an hour - using a meat thermometer to make sure they were done. I think they were done in a little less than an hour.
We had ours with a side salad and the carrots from the bottom of the pan that had soaked up all that goodness. True harvest comfort food. I could only eat half a breast but Matt cleaned his plate so I guess it was good. ๐
As long as we're being "hearty" with comfort food I thought I would share this amazing treat I came up with too. I typically still have my high protein greek yogurt treat...but I am human and sometimes crave ice cream (well we usually get frozen yogurt). So this twist is for my fellow coffee lovers out there. In Italy there is a dessert called an affogato - which in Italian means "drowned". And it usually consists of gelato drowned in some espresso. Think really sweet creamy coffee flavor but eat like a dessert like ice cream. Well I took it up a notch further. In my defense I had mine in a mug and only had 1 scoop though.
You see, I'm also a cookie butter lover. Have you had this amazing concoction?? Think biscoff cookies all blended up until it reaches the consistency of peanut butter. So sort of like gingerbread cookie butter. I buy mine from Trader Joe's and it's evil because it's soooo good and sometimes calls out to me in the night. Not really, but it is something I struggle to resist.
Anywho, back on track - I took some of that devilish cookie butter and smeared it in the bottom and a little up the sides of the mug. I put one scoop of Moose Tracks frozen yogurt in the bottom over the cookie butter. Made a well in the middle of said frozen yogurt and filled it with some DECAF coffee (I still like to sleep at night). And oh my word, I thought I was in HEAVEN because it was sooo good! Cold, creamy, chocolatey and coffeeish. A new favorite dessert, so needless to say I'm not going to be able to buy cookie butter anymore. ::sigh:: Lol But that's my problem. I hope you go enjoy this amazing treat!
Truly, give it a try it's sooo good.
Blessings for a fun and safe Halloween weekend Friendsxoxo
I just took a walk and was also taking pictures of Autumn gorgeousness! It's starting to fade, so I know those beautiful walks are almost done.
ReplyDeleteYum, Yum, Yum! You are making me hungry. Both these recipes look fantastic!
I'm getting all the autumn feels from this heartwarming post. ๐
ReplyDeleteWhere has the year gone? It seems like only yesterday that we were headed back to school at the end of summer, and yet it's Halloween.
The chicken dish sounds delicious. Xx
This is a great title for your post Carrie...I sure enjoyed the walk that you and Matt went on... the lake, the nature around you and those steps!! We have many homes in our area that really decorates for Halloween...mostly with pumpkins and maybe a few scary things. Thankfully, the local churches get together and have a huge parking lot Trunk or Treat, which makes it safe for the kiddos. The recipes are must tries and I can't wait to do so. Wishing you a safe and fun evening..
ReplyDeleteCarrie, first off...that walk was gorgeous! Secondly, I could almost taste that chicken. YUM! And cookie butter? I recently discovered it and it's basically a dessert in a jar. So good! I'm a huge ice cream fan and my favorite is coffee ice cream with toffee bits. Oh YUM!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice post. I really enjoyed all your photos....especially all the fall beauty! It really is a pretty time of year, isn't it? Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoyed your Halloween evening last night...and hello November:)
ReplyDeleteGreat Autumn picks, I like the kitty pumpkin, and the don't let the cat out sign :) great pumpkin collection. Your treat sounds very interesting
ReplyDelete