Monday, December 8, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello my dear lovely Friends!

I send blessings your way that you are having a wonderful start to your week and that this Monday is kind to you. 

I have been doing my usual household chores this morning - after prayer/devotional time. Then I have been finishing some Christmas cards, packing some boxes of gifts to be shipped, and currently I have oranges drying in the oven for a Christmas gift plan. The house is clean and all decorated up and I still have some gifts to finish wrapping. Annie comes home this week...yay!! And I plan to get some pre-holiday baking done to freeze a few gifts. I'm feeling fully into the Christmas swing of things and trying to take little moments each day to enjoy something and to give some extra gratitude from my heart. Especially because Matt's news came back awesome and he is cancer-free too! Thank you Lord!! 🙏🏻 So again, this is your sign to go and get your skin checked as early detection is key. 

We had a fun weekend...how about you?
 We snuggled in Friday and watched movies. Saturday we ran to the 10 mile property to grab some things his folks will need for their visit (coming next week), and check on things there. So it was a lovely bright sunny road trip day. That evening we went to dinner with our friends the C's and they came back and played cards until the wee hours. Mrs. C and I may have enjoyed some hot toddys that included spiced rum and brandy - which made for extra laughs. And I was moving slow Sunday morning so Matt & I did our church's online service. Lol Then we went to my Mom & step Dad's later in the day and helped them with a few things and had some lunch and played cards. After that we came home and watched the Packer game that was a miracle win!! We are #1 in our division - wooo hoo! 💚💛💚💛

So it was a great weekend and now I'm ready to dive into the week ahead...












THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

a fun holiday coffee from an advent calendar Matt got me with a little natural almond vanilla creamer & my protein stuff 













ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

post office errands and grocery run, bake up gifts, work on my Mom's calendar I make each year, refill blessing bags, holiday concert with friends, pick up my Girl from airport (yay!), wrap gifts & finish crafts, hospice work














THINKING ABOUT: 

working on my to-do list and checking it twice 😉














THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

the smell of sweet things (ex. Christmas cookies) or savory things 
(ex. butter with fresh herbs on chicken) baking in the oven, especially this time of year while twinkle lights glow
















CURRENTLY READING

The Housemaid  by Freida McFadden












ON THE TV TODAY:

 Jeopardy, old seasons of big brother, Survivor, Ghosts, Holiday baking shows, Hallmark and Christmas movies 
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - roast chicken, green salad



TUESDAY - taco bowls




WEDNESDAY -  pasta with Italian sausage (Annie's plain), garlic bread, salad & glazed honey carrots (need to use them up)




THURSDAY - pancakes with holiday cinnamon syrup, red roasted breakfast potatoes, bacon, and fruit (Annie faves)




FRIDAY - out for dinner
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

watch Christmas shows, hang with my Girl, wrap gifts, read
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



something to tuck away for when holiday baked goodies season is over 😂












FROM THE CAMERA:

Road trippin' to our lake property day. It was so bright and sunny. We couldn't believe the water was as open as it was and not more frozen! The snow makes the outbuildings and the paths on the property so pretty. 
















I love the sweet advent calendar card next to the angels. I received that card from my thoughtful friend Jules from England. I love opening a window each day! 





Some daytime shots from the living room and a few nighttime glow ones too. The tree in here needed a new star this year and I found this wood bead one. I really like it and think it fits as this tree has a red bead garland, gold garland, red berries and northwoodsy and Scandinavian ornaments. 











The other trees in our home include this snowman one that greets you in the back hall as you come into the house. And downstairs in our media room/Matt's office is this one with all our family ornaments and the angel my Gram always had on her tree. 








The Christmas lights on the outside of the house. I include a video of it with a closer view too. 














PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For a safe and healthy holiday season ahead. For Annie's safe travels and all those traveling this holiday season.

For Christ's Light and Love and Christmas peace to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way to loving our neighbors as ourselves. 🙏🏻















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Blessings to you!
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas decor and trees. I like the new star ornament for the tree. Looks like you had a great weekend and a good week planned. Enjoy your time with Annie. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cottage photos are so pretty! I love the one looking up at the tree.
    I'm so happy that Matt's tests were clear.
    Your Christmas decor is beautiful and the star is perfect.
    I like Frieda McFaddens books. The Housemaid was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carrie... oh my...looks so pretty all around your place. Inside and out. Christmas season is shining nicely in your home. A cozy Friday night is perfect especially when it is snowing ...of course, this rarely happens around here. You have a great menu planned out for the week.. YUM!! The photo of you and Matt is so nice. What a wonderful blessing that Matt's test were all clear of cancer. Praise the Lord. If you don't mind, could I please get your mailing address? apollard53@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snowy scenes are stunning. And just look at that gorgeous young couple :)
    I'm so thrilled to hear the news about Matt. It must be a huge weight off your mind. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are so pretty! And it's good to hear the good news about Matt's clear tests, such a relief! I love The Housemaid, I've read the whole series, they're fun and gripping too. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good news for Matt and your family! The garland on your fireplace is really pretty and I love all of the Christmas decor. It seems like you have been productive in the Christmas planning and hope you enjoy time with Annie. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are stunning! I really love your tree! Seeing your pictures of the woods, snow, the lake - ugh - I want to move Up North so badly! I'm in a waiting season and trusting God! It sounds like you had a perfect weekend! I hope your week is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok. The picture of you two is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I hope that is your Christmas Card! And I am so HAPPY your man's test is clear! Amen! Love your Christmas everything, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news about Matt's test coming back with no cancer. Enjoy that time with your girl. That looks like it was a pretty drive up.
    Your trees are so pretty, I love that snowman one.
    Wishing you a great rest of the week, I am once again running behind on blogs, and I still don't have all my cards out in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning my dear. I actually started this on Monday! How did this week get away from me?

    First things first - CONGRATULATIONS to Matt on that awesome news!

    I LOVE your bright sunny mini road trip pictures! It really is making me miss the North Woods. This was always my favorite time of the year. But I especially LOVE that picture of you and Matt - you just radiate happiness!!!

    Your house looks so beautiful inside and out! You definitely have the decorating flair! Have a wonderful weekend, especially with Annie home!

    ReplyDelete