Thursday, April 23, 2026

Cooking Thursday: Spring Inspired Recipes I Want to Try

 

Hello my Lovelies!

Today I'm diving right in with some recipes from this cookbook I picked up not long ago. Do you know Sally of Sally's baking addiction website? She is amazing and any of her recipes I have tried have all turned out great! I recommend you try to make at least one of her recipes -maybe even start with her cookbook. 




In her cookbook these recipes particularly said Spring/Summer to me. I didn't try to capture the full recipe - but to give you an idea. If you look online you may be able to find these full recipes. Or if you would like the full recipe of any of them just let me know. 






Annie's birthday cake she wants me to make her this year includes homemade strawberry buttercream. Mmmmm 😋






How adorable do these look and sound?







I've always wanted to try to make a pavlova. They look so pretty and meringues are so yummy!! 



Do you have any special recipes you've never tried, but want to give a go? 🍓💗




9 comments:

  1. Oooh! They all sound so good! Can you believe this - Bob doesn't like strawberries. So, I'm not likely to make any of these soon, but maybe the pavlova with raspberries and blueberries. I've always wanted to try that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make the strawberry thing anyway, if Bob doesn't like it he can sleep on the couch for the rest of the week.

      Delete
  2. Yup, creamed tuna on toast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these all sound and look so great!!! i would love the crumb bars. My sister and I were just talking about how we need to pull out our cookbooks for inspiration. I am even more inspired to do so. I haven't really tried any new recipes lately but maybe one days soon. Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen her recipes online at her website and they all look good. I just can't remember if I have made anything or not, but these with strawberries all look great! Enjoy your weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sally's Baking Addiction and have always wanted one of her books. These recipes look perfect for Spring! I really want to try the Strawberry Crumb bars! Thanks for sharing, my friend and happy Friday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. good happy morning Carrie!! 🌸☀️ these recipes look amazing and yes...they are definitely shouting Spring and Summer. you would not believe how many recipes I come across on websites that I snap pictures of them because they look so delicious.. BUT, I forget about them. I need to pull them off and get them printed. Hope you and Matt enjoy a wonderful weekend.. I know you will.. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had my first pavlova cake at our life group get together, the girl that has it at her house made it and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my dear friend. So sorry I haven't been around much, but that truly is changing quite soon! :) I LOVE Sally's Baking Addiction!! And I have made that strawberry buttercream! Annie will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete