Hello and happy Monday to you Friends!
It's a lovely bright sunny one at the moment, but we're supposed to get some snow later. I'm grateful for the sunshine and the pep that it brings. I've been tackling lots of little projects around the house and both of my kiddos were home from lunch (Annie has a study hall this semester that backs up against lunch time - so she drives home daily for lunch). And Aaron often comes here from work for his lunch break and I get a chance to catch up with him. I adore anytime with my kiddos and love cooking up something for them and chatting. 💗
How was your weekend? It was one of those absolutely perfect somewhat product, but mostly lazy and wonderful ones with Matty mine. He had to work only part of Saturday and got done early. We went to Saturday evening mass and ran all of our errands. He stayed over Saturday night and we slept in late and basically had a pj's day all day Sunday. We did some chores around the house (he is SO good to me and so helpful) but then just lounged, read, played games, watched shows, cooked, nibbled, chatted lots (making lots of future plans), and then lounged some more. Throw in some time with my kiddos in between their social schedules and it was heaven!
Also, I finally feel like I've turned a corner with my back. Doing better all the time. I workout out and do my PT exercises everyday. (lost several lbs already too). Getting stronger everyday and having less pain! So grateful that hopefully my hard work will help me avoid cortisone or any invasive measures. Thank you so much for the prayers and support!
Now onto the week ahead...
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
toast, coffee with almond milk creamer
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
Errands on Matt's day off during the week, groceries, PT, lunch with an Auntie, hang with my Mom and help with some things, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
The wonderful chat Matt and I had about our future plans. We talked about our timeline ideas on some things....starting with when he'll move in here. Which will be sometime this Spring (thinking May because of some things that need to fall in place before that step). We also talked about more permanent plans for the future and what an engagement and wedding might look like. We both absolutely have the intent that this relationship is for life...and Matt has been wonderfully understanding about my need to go slowly and being patient with me and the healing path I'm on. I feel so positive and happy for our future and we are definitely on the same page about what we'd like our mutual path to look like in the months and year ahead. I know I have found my soulmate and I find that I feel more myself around him than I think I have ever felt with anyone before. I just thank God everyday for putting him in my path! ♥️
CURRENTLY READING
I had started Prince Harry book but stopped and haven't read in a while - so going to go back to it and try to finish it before moving on to something else.
ON THE TV TODAY:
Shark Tank, Ghosts, The Chase, The Good Doctor, Quantam Leap, The Rookie, Miss Scarlet & the Duke, All Things Great and Small, HGTV and cooking shows
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - meatloaf meal kit I didn't make yet from last week (skipped Hello Fresh this week because getting extra groceries for super bowl this weekend - having friends over for the game)
TUESDAY - Matt is making his slow cooker mississipi pot roast, salad
WEDNESDAY - chicken broccoli alfredo casserole (low carb)
THURSDAY - leftovers
FRIDAY - burger salads, gf cheesy baked onion rings
*this week I'm baking up some lemon poppyseed scones 😋
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
work on craft projects, read, go out for a fun lunch
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
I make time for Jesus every day 😍 🙏
Ruby's usuals: waiting by the door for Matt to get home from work when I'm cooking in the kitchen, because she knows he must be on his way. Lol And when I workout in the media room she loves watching whatever is on Animal Planet channel. She now gets excited whenever she sees me grab my sneakers and airpods and head downstairs. 😂
Is it bad I've got cabin fever already and wishing it looked like this outside? 🤦♀️
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere 🙏






