Thursday, May 4, 2023

Easy Peanut Butter Pie

 



Hello Friends! 

The other day I made this really yummy peanut butter pie and thought I would share the recipe. Plus, I like having recipes that are keepers on here so I can reference them again. I put them under my recipes tab above.


It was a lovely day outside on Matt's day off and we ran errands and went for a nice long walk. But we also did some grilling and it felt like a little taste of summer. It was great! And we topped it off with a piece of the this refrigerator peanut butter pie. I had made it earlier in the day, when Matt was doing yard work, and then put it in the fridge to chill. It couldn't have been easier because I had picked up a store bought graham cracker crust. It would be extra delish in a homemade one....but store bought worked for me that night. ;) There is something about chilled pies that feel old fashioned or vintage to me. I have recipes for some vintage icebox pies I'd like to try this summer too. 




It's a creamy dreamy pie and I definitely recommend holding onto this recipe. I think I found it on pinterest a while back and I had jotted down the ingredients. So once you have your crust, here are the next steps and ingredients:

INGREDIENTS

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 c. creamy peanut butter
8 ounce brick of cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1 container cool whip, thawed (8 ounce)


DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl mix together peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar with a hand mixer. Mix until well blended and very creamy. Fold in cool whip, mixing in until incorporated well and peanut butter mixture is creamy again. Pour into crust and chill until ready to serve. 



I then added a drizzle of chocolate syrup and crushed some honey roasted peanuts I had on top to garnish. Matt LIVES for pb and asked this be on regular rotation this summer. Lol It got a huge thumbs up from both of my kiddos and some of Annie's friends too. 

Enjoy! 😋 





I'm also sharing this at Cecilia and Kathleen's Vintage Charm Party you can find here.



4 comments:

  1. Yummmm! Thank you for this! Since my Peyton got married an moved into her own home...imagine that!!!....I have been lacking in the dessert department! And I do the same thing. When I can't find a recipe, the kids say, "Mom. Check the blog!" Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good!
    I love having recipes on my blog too. Once they are posted they are saved and easy to look up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie looks decadent but easy. Have a great weekend!
    God bless you!
    Thanks for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that does look good, will have to see if hubby thinks so too :)

    ReplyDelete