Happy Monday Friends and Happy Memorial Day.
I'm getting to this pretty late because I needed to help with an event at church and I was there most of the day.
Matt and his Dad are up in Canada fishing. It was the gift his Mom and I gave the guys at Christmas. It sounds like they're having an amazing time and catching tons of fish!
It's been a nice mellow weekend. I planted more of my flowers. Did church Saturday night this week and then had dinner and played cards with my Mom and step Dad. I've been able to hang out with Annie a bit. She went to her friend's cabin just for one day. And both of my kiddos may be hanging out and having dinner and games with me tonight.
I've also been helping take care of my girlfriend's chickens while she's away on a trip. They're so cute. So I have definitely been keeping busy! ;)
I hope all of you celebrating this holiday weekend are enjoying your day and time with family or friends. I included all of our military people extra in my prayers this weekend ... those past and present. My brother is a retired combat medic green beret and he sacrificed a lot for our country. He has a purple heart for when he was shot in Iraq. I'm so very grateful for his service and the service of all the people that give/gave so much for our country. And for the sacrifices their family members make as well. π πΊπΈ
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
frosted mini wheats with bananas on it, iced coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
finish annulment stuff (meeting with my priest), groceries, other errands, medical appt, grief work, home projects, taking care of friend's chickens
THINKING ABOUT:
How this weekend always seems to signify the start of summer. Matt and I were talking about all of our plans and all the things we want to fit in, plus family events, etc and I just know these months are going to fly by!
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Sun is shining in. Ruby is snoring in the other room. Lol My daughter is giggling with friends on her phone in her room - I can hear her giving out a big belly laugh from here. ;) Music is playing from my kitchen speaker and the dryer is running and it feels peaceful
CURRENTLY READING
Not sure what I'll dive into next
ON THE TV TODAY:
HGTV and cooking shows, Breaking Bad (when Matt gets back need to finish this series & Ted Lasso final one), AGT starts, Younger on Hulu, I finished Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - I'll miss that series.
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - making blt's, pasta salad & not sure what else yet
TUESDAY - pancakes, bacon, fruit
WEDNESDAY -
THURSDAY -
FRIDAY - out for dinner?
**Need groceries soon and not sure about plan for rest of the week. I know Matt said he'll be bringing home fresh fish so may do a fish fry one night? π
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
play with chickens π, craft, garden
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
I wanted to share that something I do regularly is buy several of my products travel size. Instead of buying the big size. Especially for summertime. Things like my spray toner, night time moisturizer,my self tanning lotion, wrinkle spray etc - I only use a little of them at a time. So even the small sizes last me a while. And they're cheaper that way and also easy to grab and throw into my travel bag for going up to Matt's lake property regularly all through the summer. So it's convenient too.
FROM THE CAMERA:
Spring has been showing up in all her glory. I've been loving rocking on the new bench swing by a nice fire in the evening. Sometimes with a lovely glass of wine. Life is good. π₯
Aren't the girls so cute? ;)
My sweet fella and his Pop are making amazing memories. They said the lake and area are beautiful. And as you can see - they've been highly successful catching fish. The guide takes them ashore each afternoon to fry up some of their catch right there. Pretty cool. π
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For my Mom having her 2nd cataract surgery this week. For 3 newly ordained priests in our parish to thrive in their new ministry and let their light shine for others in all the ways God is leading them. For all of our military and their families - past and present. π


