Hello Friends & Happy Monday! ☀️
The sun is shining and the birds are chirping and there are continued lovely mild days in the forecast in our northwoods. Not a bad way to start the week :)
I hope that your week is starting off right as well. ☺️
How was your weekend? I hope you are well rested and had a wonderful one. My back is much better - but my shoulder still feels tweaked a bit -so taking it easy when I do workouts. I ice/heat it as needed and it's slowly getting better. I usually don't, but sometimes I sure feel my age! Lol Grateful for the lessons when life makes me slow down and tells me to appreciate this temple I've been given and continue to love on it, keep it healthy and happy.
And I will never complain - especially when I see what Matt's Mom is going through fighting cancer and doing chemo and radiation. It's in the back of her throat so she can't swallow well, can only do liquids, feels terrible....any prayers sent her way are most welcome. 🙏🏻
If you missed my last post - Annie's hockey team didn't make it to state. But we had such fun cheering her on and are so proud of her and her team. They had an amazing season! This weekend was a mellow one overall. We went to Saturday evening mass and then grabbed dinner and after a few groceries. Snuggled in and watched a movie. Then Sunday we went out to brunch and to our local boat and sporting equipment show at our local arena. Always Matt's happy place! Lol He dreamed on the fishing boat he'd like to have here (he has one at our Ten Mile Lake property, but not here), and we both dream on the campers. We seriously talk about adding one of those to our lives next year.
And just like that the weekend was over and we're on to a new week ahead...
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
vanilla activia yogurt, coffee with naughty creamer (I got Bridgerton berries & cream creamer - oh my is that tasty)
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
errands, Ruby's haircut, work on senior soiree committee stuff for Annie's school, hospice work, start some spring clean-out stuff
THINKING ABOUT:
All the spring cleaning projects I'd like to accomplish around the house in the next month or so. I've started a list ;)
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
The sun is streaming in. I have praise and worship music on. I still have some valentines decorations up...but I think next weekend I'll put them away along with all the snowmen and greenery still up and switch fully to spring and Easter. 🐰🌸
CURRENTLY READING
Been doing more rosary time for Lent, and reading in a special Lenten devotional. Also busy with cross-stitch to finish and school committee work, so I haven't jumped into a new book just yet.
ON THE TV TODAY:
Jeopardy, Miss Scarlet and the Duke, All Creatures Great and Small, Shark Tank, Finding your Roots on PBS, Ghosts, LPBW, The Good Wife, The Rookie, The Good Doctor, Gilmore Girls - a Year in the Life
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - air fryer BBQ chicken (will share recipe later in the week), sweet potato fried, coleslaw
TUESDAY - pot sticker soup topped with chili crunch & cilantro (will share this recipe in the future too)
WEDNESDAY - this slow cooker pot roast & dinner rolls
THURSDAY - leftovers
FRIDAY - out for fish fry
*I also think I'm going to bake a pear crisp to have with frozen yogurt this week. I'll share recipe soon!
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
cross-stitch, take a walk with Matt & Ruby
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
My sweet Girl and her team getting their 2nd place awards. 🏅
Thinking Spring thoughts already and put this as wallpaper in my iphone
Sorry this pic is so dark - but this is what waking up on the weekends usually looks like. Lol It's early light and both critters like to come and lay on us and tell us to get up! Reminds me of when my kiddos were little and they'd come jump in the bed with me and my ex all the time. Such sweet furry babies. 💕
Some recent Bubba moments around the house. I had a video playing on youtube of nature with bird sounds and he was so determined to figure out how to get IN the television!! 😁 And then the one with the hat happened the other day when he was lying on Matt and Matt put his hat on Bubba and Bubba left it on. Ha! I had to get a pic. Such a goofy kitty.
yummy air fryer BBQ Chicken I will share later in the week.
A selfie in the truck before going into the boat/rv show- so we could sent it to his Mom. ❤️
Matt's dream boat...check out the size of that motor! Geesh
We tasted this lavender lemonade at the boat show and it was so good! You steep the tea bags and and can have it warm like tea...or else make it more concentrated and have it cold over ice like lemonade. It has honey granules in it to sweeten it a little more healthy. It's SO GOOD and we had to buy a bag.












