Friday, March 29, 2024

Hockey & This Holy Weekend



Hi Friends
First, an update. Matt finally made it home Tuesday - yay! and thank goodness. And we were able to go to Annie's hockey banquet together this week. I can't believe my baby is a senior and this wraps up the sports I've been following her do since she she was almost 4 years old. 😢 But I'm beyond proud of her. She received some special awards. Then the seniors all got up and said some words and Annie looked at Matt and I and thanked us specifically and talked about her hockey career at her school and the connections there. She was so eloquent and Matt & I both had to wipe away some tears. Pretty cool moment. 



💗💗💗





But today, Good Friday, is about this for me. Time with my Lord and thanking Him for all He did for my sins. I will be fasting all day, doing more devotional time, and working in hospice today in His name. 










Saturday will be a time of anticipation. We will clean and tidy and I'll prepare some of the menu ahead for Sunday. And I will continue in deeper devotional time.











And then Sunday will come and shine bright (it's actually supposed to be in the 40's and sunny - yay for melting the snow!) ☀️ And we will go to church and worship and rejoice. And then come home to host family for Easter dinner in the afternoon. My Mom & step Dad, my Brother & my SIL Jill, my kiddos (+ Aaron's sweetie, another Jill), and Matt & I will all gather and eat ham dinner with all the sides, visit, laugh, have dessert, play games and enjoy a wonderful day together. I even have little easter basket goodies for the kids (can't help myself). I'm so grateful for abundant blessings in my life thanks to He who saved us all! 😊💕



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Easter if you celebrate. Blessings to you always!
✝️🌷🐰 



**images courtesy of Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. Awww, that's so sweet about Annie. Congrats to her and to you for raising a wonderful daughter.
    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Annie on her amazing high school hockey career! I know she makes you so proud! I hope you and the family enjoy a wonderful Easter! He is risen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mandy! It was a blessed Easter and I hope for you too 💗

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful weekend! Congrats on your daughter's accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry - I hope you had a blessed Easter and a great week ahead 💗

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to hear from our kids how much they appreciate us and the support we give them. Glad Matt made it home safely.
    Beautiful way to spend the weekend ! All thanks and prasie to God our Father!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! Amen all praise to Him above for it all! ✝️💗

      Delete