Friday, March 14, 2025

Friday Catch Up








Happy Friday to you Friends!

Cathy from the blog Our Creative Life is the host for Friday Catch Up (formerly Five on Friday). And today I thought I'd pop in to share a bit of the goings on around here. We had our first very tiny thunderstorm this morning - another true sign of Spring in the air!  But now the sun is shining, though it's still a little cool and breezy. 





First of all, I wanted to share that I'm so excited my sweet Annie is coming home on her Spring break from FL tonight. Yay!! Her bf Kristopher is joining her and I look so forward to getting kiddo time in the days ahead. She won't be back at Easter, so I couldn't help getting them some little Easter baskets. (Annie has a thing for Snoopy) 










Question: Is there anything more sunny and cheerful than yellow tulips? 

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’›












Some snacks I'm loving these days. Zero sugar frosting on a graham cracker or a salted caramel rice cake. And these very tasty protein chips (made from chicken - weird huh?) and veggies with the protein ranch dip Matt makes. Just blend cottage cheese smooth with some ranch seasoning and garlic powder. Thin with a tiny bit of milk or cream. 












And nothing like a Spring mani and a new magazine. I gave myself a little St. Patrick's inspired manicure in a bright green and an accent nail done in "gold coin" polish. :) 










A final sharing for you. Sassy Bubba. He cracks me up. We're giving some areas in the house a refresh (new drapes, bedding in the bedroom, changing some light fixtures in the house etc) Our front foyer has had the same runner rug for ages. I finally got a new one and I was letting it sit out to straighten before I lay it in the foyer... and Bubba decided to claim it for his own. Lol 




How has your week been going? Head to Cathy's blog and share with us too! ๐Ÿ’— 
Do you have any fun plans for your weekend ahead? 
















5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you get some time with Annie and bf! They will like the Easter gooodies and your Mama heart will be happy.
    I love tulips of all colors! They are such a cheerful sign of Spring.
    You've been sharing such great snack ideas, thanks!
    Love the St Paddy's mani.
    Cats are so funny, aren't they?
    Have a wonderful weekend with your loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo...Love those gorgeous yellow tulips!! Spring anyone? They totally speak Spring. I really want to get me one of those candle lights. I've heard they are great. No pinching you this coming Monday...your nails look great and just in time for St. Patricks day...love them! Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend Carrie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Annie and her guy to be coming home!!!! Love your spring things! Hugs, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic that Annie is coming home! I hope you get to spend some lovely days together. And doesn't bubba look cute on that runner which is incredibly pretty, by the way. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope you enjoy your time with Annie, so nice she is able to come home for awhile. Hubby has tried those chips, he has been getting pork rinds here lately, they have flavored ones he likes. That runner is so pretty, Bubba, thought it was too white and needed a little black hair added :). My birthday was Friday so I enjoyed a meal out and did a little shopping at the stamp store :)

    ReplyDelete