Wednesday, March 26, 2025

Spring This or That

 

Hello lovely Friends!

Happy Wednesday to you. ☀️✨

We're almost over the hump and on our way to Friday. The sun is shining here today and it may be close to 50* this afternoon...so for this time of year in the northwoods it's basically glorious! 😍

It makes me think about Spring ahead and Easter right around the corner. And I've always loved the posts of others where they ask "this or that" questions. So I thought I'd do a Spring related one today as I'm curious to see where your preferences lie. 



SPRING THIS OR THAT

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸


1) Tulips or Daffodils?

2)April Showers or May Flowers?

3)Chocolate Bunnies or Cadbury Cream Eggs?

4)Easter Brunch/Lunch or Dinner?

5)Gardening or Porch Sitting?

6)Lemon Bars or Lemon Merengue Pie?



This is how my answers would go:

1) This is a very tough one because I love them both so much for Spring - but I think I sway to DAFFODILS. They are the most cheerful flower to me and I always see a smiling face when I look at them (the trumpet part is the nose - Lol) Am I crazy for that? But they sure make me happy. 

2)I'm completely a MAY FLOWERS kind of Gal. The showers around here make it muddy and gross. And to me that's different than a good summer thunderstorm. I love that! But bring me flowers in Spring all the way!

3)CADBURY CREAM EGGS are a weakness - that is all.

4)I host EASTER LUNCH here after Easter morning mass. 

5)GARDENING for this girlie. I'm so itching to dig in the dirt already!! 

6)I live for lemon desserts so this is tough -but I don't anything can beat a great LEMON BAR! My favorite recipe for them is my former MIL's and you can find it if you click here. They are the best! 



I would love to see what your answers are my Friends so thank you if you play along. :) Are you a Spring lover? As many of you know, Autumn is my absolute favorite...but the older I get the more Spring truly has become my 2nd favorite. I can't wait until it shows up here!! 


Blessings πŸŒΈπŸ’š


14 comments:

  1. I also love the this or that posts! So my answers for you: Probably daffodils as well. Definitely, the May flowers. I'm not huge on either chocolate bunnies or the cream eggs, give me a handful of jelly beans and I'm good but definitely the cream eggs over the chocolate bunnies. I really do miss hosting the big Easter brunch for our families. Gardening so I can do some porch sitting and enjoy it! Can't beat a good slice of lemon meringue pie but I hopped over at looked at your lemon bar recipe and they sound wonderful and not too complicated either. I absolutely love spring and summer, too! Fun questions, hope your spring arrives very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I love seeing your answers. You should do an Easter brunch even just for your crew. πŸ˜‰ And I highly recommend trying the lemon bar recipe - might change your mind. Lol xo

      Delete
  2. This is fun!
    I have to say Tulips. I live close to Holland where there is a huge tulip time festival and tulips are planted in mass beds all over the city.
    Yes to May flowers! (Guess we do need the showers to get them though)
    I will choose the cream eggs over the bunnies.
    We usually do an Easter dinner.
    Porch sitting when the weather is nice is the best.
    I love lemon meringue pie but have the lemon bars more often.
    Spring is my favorite. I'm always so glad to be done with winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Mari! I love seeing the answers. If I was next to so many lovely tulips I might change my mind too. 😍 I truly have learned to have such a love for Spring now. xo

      Delete
  3. Tulips! There is a Holland Michigan where they have a beautiful tulip festival! I'll say April showers - since I'm an April baby. White chocolate bunnies! Easter dinner. Porch sitting surrounded by potted flowers. Lemon bars - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Sherry! I love checking out your answers. My Matt loves white chocolate too. πŸ˜‹ If you like lemon bars I recommend that recipe. Lots of sugar but worth the splurge. xo

      Delete
  4. Good morning Carrie...great little survey here. I would say tulips even though I love both. May flowers are sweet but the rain makes them this way. Neither for me with the chocolates. I don't like chocolate...I know, crazy isn't it. I love working with my flowers, but I might would choose porch sitting over gardening. and last...I love anything Lemon..I would choose Both. This was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing Shug! Love seeing everyone's answers. I think you're only the 2nd person I've ever met that doesn't like chocolate. My hips would love it if I didn't. Lol 😁 I agree - let's just do both lemon desserts. xo

      Delete
  5. I love these posts :)
    1. It's almost too difficult to choose, but I do love the different colours of tulips.
    2.May flowers. No question. I get so fed up when it rains, which around here is rather often.
    3. Creme Eggs. I'm sure they don't taste as good as when I was a child, but they are still a guilty pleasure.
    4. Probably brunch. Easter isn't a huge celebration here.
    5. Gardening. Although, if I had a porch, this would probably be a different answer :)
    6. I'm not a fan of meringue, so I will have to say Lemon Bars. I'll let you know just as soon as I've tried the recipe. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! I love these posts to get to see everyone's answers. I bet you do get fed up with rain as I'm guessing you get even more than we do and to me it's enough. Lol I'm so glad you'll try the bars. It was one of my favorite recipes my former MIL made. So good! xo

      Delete
  6. 1. Tulips
    2. May flowers
    3. Chocolate Bunny
    4. Easter Lunch
    5. I am not big on Lemon myself but i think I would rather have a bar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for answering Connie! I love seeing what you like. I think if you tried one of those lemon bars you might learn to love lemon things. Lol xo

      Delete
  7. This is fun Carrie. Of course, Easter comes in Autumn down under, but otherwise things are much the same. Here I go:
    1. Daffodils
    2. May flowers
    3. Choc bunnies
    4. Easter brunch/lunch
    5. Gardening
    5. Lemon meringue pie
    This Easter we will be in Europe on our tour, and who knows what will happen on Easter Sunday? I will let you know later, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing Trish! I love seeing your answers. We are so aligned other than bar vs pie πŸ˜‰ Can't go wrong with either. I can't wait to see what you get up to on your trip and hearing all about it when you get back. I hope you have an amazing time and very blessed Easter over there. xo

      Delete