Hello dear Friends ☀️π
How are you this lovely Monday morning?
I'm in a glorious mood because the sun is shining again! It has been for days with temps in the 50's and almost all of the snow is melted. Today is supposed to hit 60* Woo hoo!!
However, I know where I live...and that it won't last. It's supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow. But we're headed in the right direction and really may get an early Spring (for where I live) and that makes my gardener's soul so very happy. π
We had a really nice weekend here. We soaked up the nice weather outside a lot. We went to church and out for dinner on Saturday evening. We also ran an errand and ordered a few new furniture pieces for our bedroom. I've also ordered new drapes and bedding and have new art to hang on the walls. Just giving it a bit of a facelift - which is always so fun! I will share more once it's all done down the road.
Then Sunday we went and hung out with our friends the C's a bit. Mr. C coaches their youngest daughter in volleyball. We went and sat with Mrs. C and watched her daughter's games. In between games we hung out and visited with Mrs. C and her in-laws (they were there watching too) It was so fun to visit and catch up. Lots of talking about the C's granddaughter due in June. Mrs. C, her MIL, & I were doing lots of girl talk about the baby shower in April that we'll be helping with. The C's daughters are like nieces to me and I've known them their whole lives. I'm so excited for them all!
Now let's jump into this beautiful week ahead.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
a light and fit greek yogurt, coffee with splash of protein creamer
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
take some things to goodwill (Spring cleaned & organized my walk-in closet and drawers and some other places in the house), grocery run, running errands with my Mom, out to lunch with Mrs. C., meeting with financial planner, getting spare rooms ready for Annie & her bf coming for a visit for her Spring break, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
Still thinking about the C's daughter, Brennah, and her baby due in June. She's engaged to her fiance, Isaac, but they're getting married at a later date.
I know many of you know that I so badly hope I have grandkids...or even one grandchild one day. I will so love sharing that with Matt, who never had kids of his own, and is such an amazing step Dad to my kids. And I can tell he's excited about the idea of Littles around here one day too. He talks about having them up at the lake and teaching them to swim and fish. :) It just makes my heart want to burst!
My son is adamant he doesn't want kids. He's in his mid 20's, so I know he's young yet. But his partner, Jill, is also adamant kids aren't for them either. I respect that of them both - as I think it shouldn't be something you just do if you're not ready to be responsible for children. Aaron always says he'll be the most fun uncle around!
Annie does talk about having kids one day and even gets excited about how she'll want me involved and helping etc. So that makes me very hopeful! I know God has the plan and we'll see what happens. Annie will only be 19 this year - so I know that's a long ways off yet.
But Mrs. C said she'll share her granddaughter with me happily and that fills my heart too. The shower she's throwing for Brennah has the theme "a little wildflower is on the way". How adorable is that?? Brennah is a total wildflower kind of gal and grew up riding horses... and even got a degree in equine management from North Dakota State. Isaac has been riding since he was kid too. So their little wildflower will probably love riding amongst fields of flowers one day too.
πΈπΈπΈ
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
The sun is out. Bubba is playing with his play mat next to me. Matt had a business meeting out of the house this morning. But he just got home and gave me a big smooch and went back down to his office. I'm listening to Coldplay on the alexa and wondering what protein & veggie goodness we may want for lunch today? π
CURRENTLY READING
Debbie Macomber's book A Good Yarn (still reading because I was working on the wedding scrapbook this weekend and didn't read much)
ON THE TV TODAY:
When Calls the Heart, The Rookie , Shifting Gears, Jeopardy, Ghosts, Shark Tank, The Flip Off & Christina on the Coast (HGTV shows), Survivor, TWD catch up, Grey's Anatomy, Sweet Magnolias, Love is Blind (finishing up - it'a a guilty pleasure & Matt humors me and watches too)
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - chef salads
TUESDAY - protein crust pizza with turkey pepperoni, veggies & protein dip
WEDNESDAY - sheet pan chicken tacos with toppings
THURSDAY - cheddar & asparagus stuffed chicken breasts with sugar-free BBQ sauce, mini corn on the cobs, roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic and dried cranberries
FRIDAY - out for dinner?
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
work on our wedding scrapbook, read, soak up the sun, lunch with girlfriend
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
some nature moments aorund our backyard and the melting bay:
I got this candle warmer the other day and I just love it. It gives a pretty glow and is safer and healthier than burning a candle (although I'll still do that sometimes too because I love them). And this water lily pear candle smells so AMAZING!! It's making my house smell just like Spring time.
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For a Friend of mine needing extra prayers dealing with some things with her aging Dad.
For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. ππ»









