Wednesday, May 7, 2025

A Basket Full of Sunshine 💛

 


Happy mid week my Friends!

It's sunny here today, although no where near as warm as yesterday. It was 84* and sunny and really hot yesterday! We sort of skipped the 70's and went right to 80. Lol But the forecast coming up looks great - lots of 60's and 70's and today I actually see some leaves starting to emerge. And my rhubarb has started to come up! yay!

Spring has arrived in the northwoods. 🌱💚



But Mother's Day here in the states is this weekend and that is on my mind right now. Matt's parents are flying into town here (from AZ) today as they will be going up to the lake for the summer now. We look forward to spending time with them and we will celebrate his Mom (Sue) a little early over these next few days. We will be celebrating my Mom this weekend and taking her to brunch Sunday. Plus, it's Annie's birthday on Mother's Day this year. The best gift I could have ever asked for. And my son will be up and staying here this weekend too. Fills my Momma heart. :) 


I decided I wanted to do a yellow/Springy/sunshiny theme to each of the Mom's baskets (we will belated celebrate my stepMom when they get back from AZ later). So I picked up 3 pretty baskets at Hobby Lobby. And each basket will contain a few different things related to each Mom - but all contain some fun yellow elements in order to "give them a basket of sunshine" I haven't fully completed my Mom's or Mary's just yet (my step Mom) 

I thought I would share this in case it might give you some fun gift giving inspiration. I think you could pick any recipient's favorite color and make a basket with that theme. Or a cute saying that could go with a color - like with this yellow you could say you're giving them a "basket full of sunshine". Or if their favorite color is pink you could say "you're tickled pink they are in your life". Or orange you could say something like "orange you glad it's Mother's Day" You get the idea 😉






The above is Sue's (Matt's Mom) basket. I'm including a homemade element in each one too - and in Sue's I threw in the cross stitch I'm working on for her. I'm not done quite yet, but I'll bring it up to the lake once it's finished. Yellow is a favorite color for Sue and my Mom (her name is Barb). So that's where the yellow idea came from.




From the back of the basket you can see the pretty kitchen towel in bright yellow hanging off of there. Such a cheerful color! Plus, each basket will have a little bouquet of yellow flowers I put together in there: 


Sue's basket also contains oven mitts, a glass water mug with glass straw and lid, a photo and a sweet lemon decoration. I threw a cute little paper lemon I found on there too - it's hanging from the straw on her cup.








She has some wedding photos we made for her at Christmas down in AZ. But doesn't have one for the lake cottage. So I printed up a little pic and put it on a sweet yellow scrapbook paper backdrop and put it in this pretty flower frame. 


And I got this little wood lemon decoration specifically for Sue as she's always had a special connection to The Wizard of Oz. 🍋



The baskets are so fun to put together and I think it's a special way to celebrate these amazing women in my life whom I love so very much. 
☀️🍋💛



4 comments:

  1. They are sure to love your beautiful baskets! You have put so much thought into making them each so personal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is beautiful baskets, they will be so thrilled. I am so glad that you are getting nice weather, I saw the other day that you all were warmer than us down here, just crazy how the weather has been so different this year. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Carrie! Those baskets are so adorable! The little frames are so cute! What great gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baskets are just beautiful, Carrie. You've put so much thought and care into them. Xx

    ReplyDelete