Tuesday, May 27, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday (on a Tuesday)



Happy new week Blogging Besties!

If you celebrated....did you have a nice holiday weekend? Or just a nice weekend in general?

I'm posting this on a Tuesday as Matt and I were at the lake for the Memorial Day weekend. And God's blessings to all of our service people and all they have sacrificed for the sake of our country. πŸ™πŸ»

As far as this weekend goes we had a great time with Matt's folks. The docks and boats are in the lake now...so we got out for a pontoon ride. Matt got out fishing with his Dad a couple of the mornings nice and early. They caught almost half a fish fry worth of some bass, bluegill and perch. :) 

We also went out to dinner one night, watched movies, grilled, played games and had lots of great conversation and laughs. Doesn't get better than that! 

Annie's bf comes into town from Florida today to stay here with us for a week and 1/2. So we're planning some fun things too! I can feel the summer in the air and that it's almost here! I need to get more of my flowers this week and get to planting now that the weather seems warm enough. I'm ready! πŸŒΈπŸ’—












THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

iced coffee, protein coconut yogurt with cinnamon & fruit














ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, groceries, get flowers & veggies to plant & get digging in the dirt, other home projects, fun days with Annie & Kristopher, bring my Mom some things, hospice work














THINKING ABOUT:  

what I want to plant this year, summer fun things ahead




 










THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

when I'm saying prayers of gratitude and other earnest prayers and I have tears because I feel it so deeply and feel so in tune with my Lord
















CURRENTLY READING

 The Glucose Revolution by Jessie Inchauspe that Matt's Mom turned me onto - the science to it fascinates me. I'm learning a lot about other ways to be healthier (still reading but almost done)














ON THE TV TODAY:

 Americas Got Talent, Jeopardy(& Masters), TWD catch up,  Call the Midwife, The Handmaids Tale (need to watch final episodes), Vacation House Rules & Castle Impossible (HGTV), we started watching The Last of Us, cooking shows. 
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - 


TUESDAY -  



WEDNESDAY -



THURSDAY -  




FRIDAY - 

*leaving this week open as there are some places Annie wants to have us take Kristopher out to eat...and still planning other meals at home. Going to grill one night. One night the kiddos might be gone and Matt & I will do a chicken broccoli stir fry with cauliflower rice.














TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

plant flowers, read, play games with the kids
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

















FROM THE CAMERA:

Scenes from a fun weekend. Annie was so funny because she was holding down the fort at home while we were gone....and she showed how Bubba was being all lovie with her (she always complains that when Matt & I are around Bubba won't go to her enough πŸ˜‚)


























And in other news - my bestie Mrs. C got lots of time with new baby Thea this weekend and sent me this pic. 😍 And I can't wait for my turn to snuggle her up!! 















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For all those in England affected by the guy that drove his vehicle into the crowd there. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. πŸ™πŸ»
















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Wishing you all a very blessed week filled with sunshine ahead! 

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

10 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful weekend! I really like that photo of Matt fishing. You should frame it!
    Funny about Bubba... :)
    I'm loving this weather - sunshine and in the low 70's! We're supposed to have rain the next few days, but yesterday was just gorgeous.
    Have fun with Kristopher and Annie!
    PS - we just discovered Castle Impossible, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! It was so nice! Isn't Castle Impossible awesome? Blessings for another wonderful weekend ahead. :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful weekend for you all...Hey, any week where the menu is open, is my kind of week. What a cutie you have there and I know you can not wait to hold this little one. The lake looked so calm and peaceful for you all. Our temps are pretty nice right now...lot of rain though..Have a nice last week of May Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shug! It was one of those wonderfully relaxing perfect weekends. But feel free to send some rain our way. We could sure use it up! Have wildfires going on. :(

      Delete
  3. What a lovely weekend. And how wonderful it was to spend time with Matt's parents. I hope the sun continues to shine for you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! It was a dreamy weekend. I hope you have a dreamy one ahead :)

      Delete
  4. You know how to enjoy yourself and have fun, it is always a pleasure to read your blog. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! Love your visits and time with you here always. I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead. xo

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great fun weekend, nice being able to get the boat out for a ride around the lake. Beautiful pictures, love the sunset! I will have to see if we can get that Castle impossible through our Tablo, I think Max has some of the HGTV shows.
    That tip about your cat getting outside, makes us think there is a male cat spraying outside our house because our cat freaks out when we open the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! It was an amazing weekend. I hope you can get Castle Impossible. It is such a FUN show!! I think you'd like it. I pray I never need to use that litter box trick with Bubba - that he behaves and doesn't ever try to get out. Lol :)

      Delete