Monday, May 19, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday dear Friends! ☀️

At least I hope it's a happy Monday for you. :) 

I'd love if it were a little warmer here in the northwoods. It was in the 30's last night and we had the heat on! Today it's only supposed to be in the 40's. It was cold all weekend, actually, and not supposed to warm up until later this week. Geesh Spring, where did you go? 😁

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It was a fun one here because we treated my Mom and step Dad to a show. My Mom has always wanted to see Riverdance - so we got tickets to treat them. It was also partly a thank you for how much they come and hold down the fort and hang out with Bubba when we're gone to Ten Mile or another trip. 

And in exciting news my bestie Kristi's daughter had her baby! So Mr. & Mrs. C are grandparents! Their daughter unfortunately had preeclampsia (like I did with Aaron) - but not as bad, thankfully! So baby was almost 5 weeks early (Aaron was almost 7 weeks early and a preemie) Their sweet little Thea Cate was 5 lbs 11 oz. She's the cutest little peanut ever! And everyone is doing well, thank You Jesus!!

Other than that it was a nice productive weekend around the house. Matt and I did some tag team cleaning and even on some bigger projects. Plus, I got out my more summery decorations around the house. πŸŒΈπŸ’—
Even Annie got the bug and cleaned out all of her closets! Lol 

Other than that, Matt & I just enjoyed some down time together too. Even though it's cold it is nice to see all the green outside and seems more leaves and blooms out every day. 










THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

coconut built puff protein bar, a couple pieces of cantaloupe, iced coffee














ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

shopping with Annie, shampoo carpets, get groceries for holiday weekend (meal plan), maybe get some more of my flowers for planting, hospice work catch up















THINKING ABOUT:  

what things I may want to make for the upcoming weekend and we're finalizing our plans too ☀️πŸ’›




 










THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

watching Bubba chase the sunlight moments on the carpet from the suncatcher out the window
















CURRENTLY READING

 The Glucose Revolution by Jessie Inchauspe that Matt's Mom turned me onto - the science to it fascinates me. I'm learning a lot about other ways to be healthier














ON THE TV TODAY:

 The Rookie , Jeopardy(& Masters), Shark Tank, Survivor, TWD catch up, Ghosts, Call the Midwife, The Handmaids Tale (need to watch final episode), Vacation House Rules & Castle Impossible (HGTV), we started watching The Last of Us, cooking shows. 
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - leftover grilled Greek lemon chicken and greek salad (it was really flavorful and I'll share later in the week)


TUESDAY -  low carb turkey pepperoni skillet pizza and you put caesar salad in the middle and roll up like a wrap sandwich



WEDNESDAY - maybe little skillet pierogies & veggies? or breakfast for dinner? (depends on Annie)



THURSDAY -  ??




FRIDAY - ??

*need to figure out groceries and for this weekend
For Memorial Weekend might make up a batch of chicken salad, we also talk about grilling burgers or brats, I'll make a veggie pasta salad & maybe do corn on the grill too. We're going out for dinner one night and I'm going to bake some lemon bars.














TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, cross-stitch, craft
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:







*I remember my Mom always having us do this as kids - now I know there's science behind it! I have turned into my Mother and now tell anyone in a coughing fit to do the same. πŸ˜‚















FROM THE CAMERA:



My Mom was in heaven finally getting to see the show she's always wanted to see...and it didn't disappoint! So good and if you get a chance to see it, I recommend it!!




sweet new life - and I can't believe my bestie is a Grandma!! 




It was so nice seeing everything starting to bloom up at the hospice house last week.


And back at home too - all the dandelions filling our yard.














summer decorations around the house





This grilled Greek chicken & salad were so good! Great summer flavors.








PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For Mrs. C's daughter to continue her healing after new baby and the scare of preeclampsia, for baby Thea to continue to grow strong and healthy. For a safe weekend for those celebrating Memorial weekend and traveling etc. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. πŸ™πŸ»
















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I was thinking about how I just comforted a bestie burying her Dad recently, and now I'm celebrating new life with a bestie having a new granddaughter. Life is sure an amazing circle. 

Blessings friends and have a wonderful week! 
I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

10 comments:

  1. Thea Cate is just adorable, such a sweet little one.

    I would love to see Riverdance, it looks amazing, how great that you got to go and to take your mom and step dad.

    Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cold here today too, but not as cold as you. 58 degrees right now.
    Thea Cate is so cute! Congrats to all of them and so thankful she's doing well.
    So fun to go to Riverdance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the view at your home...is that a river or a lake? Congratulations to the new mom and dad, and prayers for mom. Riverdance? How exciting. I hope to see it one day. We are having temps in the 90's right now and so humid here. Beautiful pictures of your home decor ... happy week Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thea Cate is absolutely gorgeous! Huge congratulations to your friends. Being grandparents will be a great new adventure.
    And please send some of your 'germs' this way. My house could really use me catching that cleaning bug :)
    Wishing you a wonderful.week, Carrie. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is an amazing circle, indeed. Your friend's sweet grandbaby is precious!!!! Love her name! I love all your perfect summer touches around your home, my friend. And I love your dandelion shoutout too! Hugs for a cozy afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your friends sweet grandbaby was born healthy! What a beautiful little girl! It's so hard to imagine it being that chilly, its so hot here for most of the year. How sweet that you took your parents to that show, I'm sure it was wonderful! I hope you have a blessed week, and also I need to copycat your menu, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful baby! Looks like your temperatures are like ours around here. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to still have time with Annie, is she home for the summer? Yes it is hard when you are grieving death, but to see life going on is wonderful! Glad everyone is doing ok. It shouldn't be long now until you get that warm weather, nice that you will be able to grill out this weekend, we have rain in the forecast all 3 days :( To this day if I am chocking on something I raise my hands and it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's wonderful getting time with my Annie, dear Connie. She is home for the summer and I couldn't be happier! I plan to soak up lots of time with her. She does have some travels planned over the summer, but she stays here with us ...so I get lots of extra moments and I'm so grateful. :) I hope you have a wonderful forecast for the holiday weekend ahead! xo

      Delete
  9. Your friend's new grandbaby is adorable! How special! I love your summer decorations too. I actually have carpet cleaning on my to-do list this week too haha! Hoping to get it done before the kids are home for summer.

    ReplyDelete