NORTHWOODS SCRAPBOOK: Sharing a love for my faith, family, cooking, gardening, paper crafting, and hospice work from my cozy home on a bay in the Northwoods.
Thank you again for the continued prayers and support regarding all the health things going on over here. I will keep you posted.
Yesterday was my 54th birthday. Wowzers! I can't even believe that number, but there it is. Other than some arthritis issues, I sure don't feel 54 and for that I'm thankful and blessed. I had a wonderful day. ๐๐๐งก Matt spoiled me with a romantic card and some goodies in the morning. Well after he teased me about being a cougar, as he is only 47 - turns 48 pretty soon. He also got me a whole new set of dishes that I had been eyeing up. I'll share a peek of them.
I had lovely long phone calls from my kiddos. They were both worried about getting their gifts to me and I told them all I want is time with them. I will be getting that soon with each of them thankfully! And then Matt & I went for a long walk in the Fall beauty last night and he grilled me an amazing dinner! Then we topped it off by sitting around a cozy fire on the deck. I had my blanket on my lap and my hot apple cider in hand and we gabbed, gazed at the fire and listened to the owl that was serenading us. It felt so beautifully Autumn and I soaked up every second!
the dishes he got me are the new PW Agatha pattern in brown and I'm in love
the best part of a cozy fire - this guy❤️
The icing on the cake - when your daughter sends you this message before asking what is a good time to call you. And also getting a phone call from my son in which he tells me how proud he is that I'm his mom and that I'm the best person he knows. My kids were determined to make me cry! They are everything to me and I have the most thankful heart that the Lord gifted them in my life. ๐๐ป
Okay, enough birthday gushing.
Let's talk cozy food time!
I was looking at ideas for upcoming meals. I have been seeing some delish Fall things on social media. I watched a private chef I follow make a healthier lasagna with zucchini noodles but the sauce was a sort of pumpkin & sage bechamel kind of deal and she also had a ricotta layer and sausage layer in it. I'm going to find the full recipe as it looked amazing!
But I think for next week I'm going to add this to the list. We both LOVE soup season and I found this recipe from someone I also follow. It's for a lasagna soup and I love that it's done in a slow cooker and I think it would be so yummy and comforting (plus I have some old lasagna noodles to use up)
Speaking of soup - I also have several pinned recipes I'd like to try soon, including a soup one. This orzo lemon chicken soup, cashew chicken sheet pan meal idea, and this roasted caesar where you roast the seasoned chicken breasts and the heads of romaine in the oven. I think I'd even throw a sliced lemon on there to roast too. You can click my pinterest here, and look under my boards called soup and one called sheet pan meals.
A final recipe I wanted to talk about is cincinnati chili. Have you ever had this? It's such a unique way to have chili and here are the basic ingredients I found in a recipe by Katie Lee. You can click the link for the full recipe here. It intrigues me because it has such warm baking spices in it. And you eat it over spaghetti! Definitely not like any chili I've ever made before. Do you think you would like this? I really want to try it sometime.
Do you have any seasonal or cozy recipes you haven't made that you want to try? I'd love to hear or please share if you have a favorite Fall recipe you always enjoy making this time of year.
Blessings to you and wishing you fun in the kitchen!
Happy, Happy Birthday my friend! Glad you had a good day and were surrounded by love! Your food looks good. I've never had Cincinnati Chili but boy, it sounds so good!
Look at you gurl...you were being spoiled all day long and I say GOOD! Wonderful people deserve to be celebrated in big ways. Love the dishes and the color!! Also love that nice fire!! Isn't it wonderful when our kids (grown) take the time to really say how thankful they are for us? This was so sweet of them to call you and text you on your special day. You posted some good looking recipes and I am always looking for different things to cook.. going to try these. Happy Birthday the day after, and I hope your celebration last all weekend long.
It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday, so glad to hear it. The color in the leaves is looking so pretty. We went for a drive yesterday and we saw a little color so it is starting here. I am not a big soup lover and right off hand I can't think of anything special I make in the fall and winter months.
Happy Birthday to you! It sounds like your hubby and kiddos really showed you how much they love you. There's nothing sweeter than when our grown kids express their love and gratitude. It's the best feeling! All of these recipes look so yummy! Thanks for the inspiration! I need some new ideas.
Happy Birthday sweet friend!! Looks like you had a wonderful day!! The message from your daughter made me tear up! That's the sweetest gift! I'm glad you were spoiled on your special day! The dishes from Matt are lovely! I'm just catching up on blogs tonight and I want you to know that I'm praying for you and your family that everyone is healthy and progressing the right direction! Hope you are having a beautiful fall weekend. Enjoy some hot cider and put your feet up! xx
Happy Happy Happy Belated Birthday to you, my sweet friend! Your day sounds wonderful, as it should , for such a special person. Your children are precious, and I know how much love you felt getting those messages and calls. Thanks for the recipes! I just took some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal out of the oven. It's a new recipe, so if it is good, I will share it on the blog. If not, we never had this conversation. : ) Hugs!
Happy, Happy Birthday my friend! Glad you had a good day and were surrounded by love!
ReplyDeleteYour food looks good. I've never had Cincinnati Chili but boy, it sounds so good!
Look at you gurl...you were being spoiled all day long and I say GOOD! Wonderful people deserve to be celebrated in big ways. Love the dishes and the color!! Also love that nice fire!! Isn't it wonderful when our kids (grown) take the time to really say how thankful they are for us? This was so sweet of them to call you and text you on your special day. You posted some good looking recipes and I am always looking for different things to cook.. going to try these. Happy Birthday the day after, and I hope your celebration last all weekend long.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful birthday, so glad to hear it. The color in the leaves is looking so pretty. We went for a drive yesterday and we saw a little color so it is starting here. I am not a big soup lover and right off hand I can't think of anything special I make in the fall and winter months.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you! It sounds like your hubby and kiddos really showed you how much they love you. There's nothing sweeter than when our grown kids express their love and gratitude. It's the best feeling! All of these recipes look so yummy! Thanks for the inspiration! I need some new ideas.
ReplyDeleteThat is one of the sweetest messages. I'm so pleased you had such a lovely day, and were thoroughly spoiled.
ReplyDeleteBelated Birthday Wishes, Carrie! Xx
Blessings on your birthday, you have much already to savor!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday sweet friend!! Looks like you had a wonderful day!! The message from your daughter made me tear up! That's the sweetest gift! I'm glad you were spoiled on your special day! The dishes from Matt are lovely! I'm just catching up on blogs tonight and I want you to know that I'm praying for you and your family that everyone is healthy and progressing the right direction! Hope you are having a beautiful fall weekend. Enjoy some hot cider and put your feet up! xx
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Happy Belated Birthday to you, my sweet friend! Your day sounds wonderful, as it should , for such a special person. Your children are precious, and I know how much love you felt getting those messages and calls. Thanks for the recipes! I just took some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal out of the oven. It's a new recipe, so if it is good, I will share it on the blog. If not, we never had this conversation. : ) Hugs!
ReplyDelete