Happy Monday beautiful Friends!
I hope you're having a brilliant start to your week. :)
As I look outside today there are more leaves on the ground than on the trees in our yard. The tide is starting to turn...and even though there are still plenty of trees with leaves and pretty color, we are definitely past peak. Plus, they are predicting some weather in the 40's this week! Brrr.
We had a nice and productive weekend up at the lake cottage this weekend. We helped Matt's folks close up everything and then yesterday we drove them up to the airport in our area, as they have been flying out from there the past few years to head back to AZ for the winter. We live a little less than 2&1/2 hours from the lake.
The boats are out at the lake and now the dock will be taken out this week. On our bay here at thome - the pontoon and dock are already out. Next weekend is predicted to be pretty nice, so I think we're going to put away all the deck things and clean the windows (we do the whole house - the window sills inside, glass, screens etc). As we know buckling down for the true cold is right around the corner.
Here are some more life updates: Bubba has labs again this week after being on new med and we'll see what it shows - he's been spunky with great appetite so that is good! My face biopsy shows that it's a basal cell cancer and they want to do a little further surgery next month to make sure they got it all (Mohs surgery), but if you are to get skin cancer it's the one to get! It's a 99% success rate of no further issues. Thank the Lord's goodness. ๐๐ป And I will go for a full body skin check again in 6 months and then probably yearly after that. My Dad has actually had this several times on his face as well through the years, so I think I have some genetics there. And my Aaron has his test later in the week. And on top of all this - my Mom has had chronic neck/back pain for years, and is going to be going for a 3 part series of nerve block treatments as a final more extreme way to get some hopeful relief. So praying lots for her too.
When it rains, it pours as they say. But I put all my faith and strength in the Lord and when I lay it at His feet, I don't worry. ๐
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
protein pumpkin spice coffee with natural sweet cream
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
lots of fun outings: 2 lunches out with friends (still bday stuff) and a dinner with a friend needing some support, Bubba's appt, errands, will need groceries later in the week, hospice work & paperwork
THINKING ABOUT:
the holidays to come and already starting some lists
THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:
My coffee first thing in the morning! It's always nice and hot and comforting. Matt got me a Fall calendar of different coffees & teas for my birthday and I love picking a new flavor for each day. I add in some of my protein stuff (that's coffee flavor) and then some kind of cream that I use my frother to make a foam for the top. It's the little things that bring such comfort and joy! ☕️
CURRENTLY READING
I've been reading mags and working on lots of crafts currently and have yet to dive into something new
ON THE TV TODAY:
Jeopardy, old seasons of big brother and the office, Great British Baking Show, The Morning Show, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Shark Tank, Shifting Gears, Ghosts
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - this lasagna soup I talked about the other day, salad
TUESDAY - tacos
WEDNESDAY - maybe breakfast for dinner (I have crustless quiche I made and froze a while back), grapes, veggies
THURSDAY - eat up leftovers and clean out fridge
FRIDAY - maybe out for dinner?
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
cross-stitch gifts I'm working on, paint, crochet (potential gift), work on cabinets I want to clean and organize (I find this a zen thing sometimes)
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
Look for good deals and buy things ahead for the holidays. I had some great coupons recently and I picked up some good filler gifts. I cleaned out my closet and I have space for some bags where I keep these things hidden. I use an app on my iphone to keep track of my list and work on it well before Christmas so if I'm out shopping I can remember what I have. It's served me well for years! ๐❤️๐
I am focusing on a more homespun Christmas this year (homemade gifts, food gifts) and making lists for all of that too. I plan to do some baking that I can freeze in the near future to help be ahead of things too.
FROM THE CAMERA:
Ten mile lake moments as we said goodbye to the property for the season (other than a few quick check-ups Matt & I will do over the winter)
Autumn moments around our home. My copper lanterns and we picked up a mum and some pumpkins - I love the stacking ones. Leaves litter our yard and our deck. I'm continuing to love on Fall as long as I'm able. ๐งก











