Monday, December 1, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday





Happy Monday my Friends and...


It's here...the holiday month of all holiday months! The season that here in the northwoods brings lots of snow and cold (which we've begun already) The month of welcoming a newborn King and celebrating His birth. And the month of decorating, baking, gathering with family, and gift giving. Looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music that brings nostalgia to the heart and soul. ❤️πŸ’š As the lyrics go: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! πŸŽ„πŸŽΆπŸŽ

It was a long lovely Thanksgiving day and weekend around here. My brother and SIL weren't able to make it this year as they provided the meal and spent the day with my SIL's parents. But my Mom and my kiddos were here and it was a day filled with great food, lots of games and laughs, very full bellies and fun. I LOVE the time I get to share with my kiddos when they're both home and staying here. Makes my heart so full. We did several late gamer nights too, and that is always so fun!!

Then Friday I made a big pot of homemade turkey soup (the best! I added cooking sherry and cream this yeary) and then Matt and I did a little black Friday shopping. Saturday we gathered with a lot of family for a memorial celebration for my Aunt that had died this past Fall at the age of 85. It was a special gathering at a favorite local pizza place that her in-law's had started many years ago and it is an institution in our town. They opened the place early just for our family and provided all the pizza for the gathering. We looked at old pics, shared stories and it was actually a lot of fun. Some family couldn't make it due to the weather - we got several inches of snow that day...and adding to what we already had we're now up about a foot of snow. And this morning it's in the single digits for temps and today only supposed to reach a high in the teens. So I would say winter is here to stay. ❄️

On a not fun note we had some plumbing issues at the house but getting it all taken care of and in the scheme of issues we could have - this one is very manageable. And thankfully it doesn't affect our home heating! Lol 










THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

a bun leftover from Thanksgiving with some jam, protein coffee 













ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

finish cleaning and decorating for Christmas, home and gift projects, errands, help my Mom with her decorating, hospice work














THINKING ABOUT: 

how cold I feel this morning - the older I get the harder it is each year to re-acclimate to the freezing cold we get up here















THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

making homemade hot chocolate on the stove and watching snowflakes swirl outside
















CURRENTLY READING

I have a new Christmas mystery book I will start soon but haven't yet












ON THE TV TODAY:

 Jeopardy, old seasons of big brother, Dancing with the Stars Holiday episode tonight, Survivor,  Ghosts, Holiday baking shows, Great British Baking Holiday shows, Hallmark and Christmas movies 
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - BLT's with what's left of Thanksgiving salads/leftovers



TUESDAY - BBQ ribs, dill pickle salad, green salad




WEDNESDAY -  leftovers or sushi night




THURSDAY - crack breakfast sliders, salad, fruit




FRIDAY - out for dinner or order in?
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

do some get ahead holiday baking that I will freeze, homemade gifts to finish, watch a Christmas movie
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:















FROM THE CAMERA:


























PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For a safe and healthy holiday season ahead. For Matt's results to come back cancer free. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way to loving our neighbors as ourselves. πŸ™πŸ»















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I hope you have a lovely and blessed winter and holiday season ahead!

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



20 comments:

  1. Hi. I found your blog through Debbie's blog. I am recently divorced after a 27 year marriage & read your bio. Congrats on your marriage! How nice to have your kids home with you for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Marilyn! I'm so very grateful for your visit. I am sorry to hear you had to go through a divorce after so many years together too.It is a pain that forever lives in the smallest corner of my heart because for the large part I choose joy and a happy new life instead. I pray the same peace and joy for you. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’—

      Delete
  2. I love the pics of the kids. They look great!
    It looks like Christmas there - a white Christmas is so pretty.
    Your soup sounds so good. Do you have a recipe for it or do you just throw it together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mari! Aaron has been working to lose weight to feel better and has lost 30 pounds already! So proud of him. :) It sure does feel like a Christmas wonderland around here already. I do just throw the soup together but I will post a recipe soon (hopefully this week) of what I do. I look so forward to it every year! πŸ˜‹πŸ’—

      Delete
  3. Glad you got to enjoy your Thanksgiving. 10 inches of snow here yesterday so we are about the same... and COLD nights ahead this week. Food looks yummy. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! It sounds like you sure have a winter wonderland there too. It has been cold and feels very holiday - which I guess is nice if nothing else. Lol πŸ˜‰πŸ’—

      Delete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your aunt. What things do I love about this post? All of it. The snow, the food, the shopping, the SNOW, family gatherings!! Hoping that the plumbing issues are very fixable and not too expensive. Those Pies!!! If only I could snatch them right out of this computer screen. Hope you enjoy a restful week Carrie..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the condolences Shug. She was a wonderful Auntie and lived a very full long life. She was ready to go and died peacefully at home in her sleep. Not a bad deal. The plumbing issues got all fixed and are a problem here once or twice a year because we have such a long driveway and length for the pipes to reach the city sewer. It's a small price to pay to live on our own little "island" in a way. The expense part we won't talk about though Lol πŸ™ˆ If I could have sent you some pie I would! πŸ˜‰πŸ’—

      Delete
  5. Hello, sweet lady! What a great deal of snow!!! Lucky! And sorry about the plumbing issue. We have had our share and I hope it is fixed quickly. I was thinking about Matt, and how he made out. I will pray for good results. Have a cozy week, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Billie Jo! The plumbing stuff wasn't fun- but it sure makes us so grateful for all we have. It's amazing what you take for granted until you have issues! Matt just got results today and is in the clear. I got down on my knees and thanked God so much! We found each other this late in life and I pray for the gift of time often. I'm SO grateful!! Thank you so much for the prayers my beautiful Friend. Appreciate you!! Blessings and stay warm and cozy too. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’—

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful photographs of family, food and snow.
    Happy December, Carrie. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Jules!! I've been enjoying your advent calendar already - that was so very thoughtful and sweet. I'm so very grateful for you and your friendship. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’—xoxo

      Delete
  7. Plumbing issues are just the worst, but glad you could stay warm and enjoy your Thanksgiving celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. Yes plumbing issues really stink, but makes me that much more grateful for when it's working! Lol Blessings to you. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’—

      Delete
  8. Carrie, what a wonderful Thanksgiving! And wow! You are definitely in the winter months up there! It's beautiful. I'm impressed that you already have the next menu up and going :) I'm working day by day here and can't seem to get past tonight's meal plan. Thank goodness for things I put in the freezer a few weeks ago :) That saves me when I can't think of anything to fix. Have a great week my friend! Praying for Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! It is a winter wonderland - if it has to be cold I"m grateful for the snow to make it pretty. And it is helping with motivation to get things decorated and pretty for the season. And Matt got good news today about being in the clear from cancer. Wept and prayed in joy and gratitude!! So thankful for him and treasure the gift he is in my life...hopefully for many years to come. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. πŸ™πŸ» Blessings and hope you stay cozy. πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

      Delete
  9. Good to hear you had a good time with family, bummer about the plumbing but sounds like you were able to work around it.Some great pictures, I really love the one of the lake, so cool! We have snow but not quite as cold temps. I do hope you get the results of Matt's test soon and will have that all behind you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Connie! Thanks be to God - Matt's test came back all clear yesterday. Such grateful hearts over here. The snow and cold sure make it feel Christmasy. Blessings πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’—

      Delete
  10. Hello my dear Carrie! So glad you had a house full of family - what a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    When I was a kid, there wasn't a thanksgiving that DIDN'T have plumbing issues around house LOL so I would've been right at home.

    I'm loving your snow pictures and am a bit nostalgic for North Woods winters. Have a wonderful rest of the week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost forgot! Thank goodness for Matt's results!!!!

    ReplyDelete